Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of gailb's message #6611998 « 400mm lens alternative »

gailb
Upload & Sell: Off
400mm lens alternative

The photos were taken this morning with my XSi with the 55-250mm IS lens.

The first is nothing special but simply to illustrate how, in my mind, I would have gotten a much better shot with a longer lens. This is a huge crop, btw. A shutter speed faster than 1/640 may have helped too:

With my hand shake, it\'s almost impossible to keep the focus point on the head, where it should be. Out of about 30 shots, these were some of the sharpest in the head area. Of course these fellers move suddenly:

PS These were all taken as I walked past a golf course. Tough terrain to navigate. ;-)

Jan 18, 2009 at 08:19 PM
gailb
400mm lens alternative

The first is nothing special but simply to illustrate how, in my mind, I would have gotten a much better shot with a longer lens. This is a huge crop, btw. A shutter speed faster than 1/640 may have helped too:

With my hand shake, it\'s almost impossible to keep the focus point on the head, where it should be. Out of about 30 shots, these were some of the sharpest in the head area. Of course these fellers move suddenly:

PS These were all taken as I walked past a golf course. Tough terrain to navigate. ;-)

Jan 18, 2009 at 08:12 PM
gailb
400mm lens alternative

The first is simply to show how, in my mind, I would have gotten a better shot with a longer lens. This is a huge crop, btw. A shutter speed faster than 1/640 may have helped too:

Jan 18, 2009 at 08:08 PM

Previous versions of gailb's message #6611998 « 400mm lens alternative »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.