Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of patotts's message #16552750 « Long term Q3 »

patotts
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Long term Q3

I've only had the Q3 for about a month, but I've owned the Q, Q2 and Q2M before, but it has been a good long while since I owned a Q camera, so I'm very much coming back to it with fresh eyes.

I honestly wish I hadn't bought the Q3. While I really enjoy the image quality, I find it a bit too slow to use for my tastes. Compared to Sony, the AF is frustrating. It is rather slow to operate (turn on, change modes, etc.). I subscribe to the "less is more" theory, but I find that having a Sony a7RV set up correctly with custom buttons is actually more intuitive and less cumbersome to operate than the Q3.

I fully understand that for the right use cases, it may be a "perfect" camera, but it just isn't the right tool for me to have in my toolbox, especially at that price.

May 21, 2024 at 10:22 AM
patotts

I've only had the Q3 for about a month, but I've owned the Q, Q2 and Q2M before, but it has been a good long while since I owned a Q camera, so I'm very much coming back to it with fresh eyes.

I honestly wish I hadn't bought the Q3. While I really enjoy the image quality, I find it a bit too slow to use for my tastes. Compared to Sony, the AF is frustrating. It is rather slow to operate (turn on, change modes, etc.). I fully understand that for the right use cases, it may be a "perfect" camera, but it just isn't the right tool for me to have in my toolbox, especially at that price.

May 21, 2024 at 10:19 AM
patotts

I honestly wish I hadn't bought it. While I really enjoy the image quality, I find a bit too slow to use for my tastes. Compared to Sony, the AF is frustrating. It is rather slow to operate (turn on, change modes, etc). I fully understand for the right use-cases, it may be a "perfect" camera, but it just not be the right tool for me to have in my toolbox.

May 21, 2024 at 10:16 AM
patotts

I've only had the Q3 for about a month, but I've owned the Q, Q2 and Q2M before.

I honestly wish I hadn't bought it. While I really enjoy the image quality, I find a bit too slow to use for my tastes. Compared to Sony, the AF is frustrating. It is rather slow to operate (turn on, change modes, etc). I fully understand for the right use-cases, it may be a "perfect" camera, but it just not be the right tool for me to have in my toolbox.

May 21, 2024 at 10:16 AM
patotts

I've only had the Q3 for about a month, but I've owned the Q, Q2 and QM before.

May 21, 2024 at 09:24 AM

Previous versions of patotts's message #16552750 « Long term Q3 »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.