Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of zeitlos's message #16514692 « Sharpness and Rendering: Sony 40/2.5 vs Sigma 35/2? »

zeitlos
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sharpness and Rendering: Sony 40/2.5 vs Sigma 35/2?

Steve Spencer wrote:
It might be worth rereading this exchange that aCuria and I had a couple of years ago here. I think there can be a good case made for the Sigma 35 f/2 i-series lens, but you have to value what it brings to the table over its weaknesses. Not everyone does. Certainly aCuria doesn't and for what is important to him I think that makes sense, but I think it is equally true that some one else who places a higher value on a different set of lens characteristics (particularly a certain type of bokeh) then the Sigma could make a lot of sense.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1787056/2&year=2022

Thank you! I will read through it. And yes, I absolutely agree. I can see good reasons on both sides. Depends on your personal preferences. I can say that he made me rethink my choice (Batis 40) vs. the 35 GM again. I mean, it's true, why would one not make use of all the benefits of a prime (larger maximum aperture) when shooting primes. But then again, I have to decide what's most important to me: maximum aperture or weight...

But there still is the Tamron 20-40 in my mind. That might solve the weight issue. By the way: due to the promotion of a dealer I was able to order the Batis for 899,- Euro. The Sigma 35 2.0 is 599. So "only" 300 Euro difference. But still, the Sigma is considerably smaller in size.

Apr 03, 2024 at 07:55 AM

Previous versions of zeitlos's message #16514692 « Sharpness and Rendering: Sony 40/2.5 vs Sigma 35/2? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.