Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RomanMF's message #16483699 « Bokeh Character Preferences for Wide Aperture Lenses »

RomanMF
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Bokeh Character Preferences for Wide Aperture Lenses

To start, Greig Fraser can do whatever he wants.

Secondly, you do whatever feels right for the image you're trying to create. I don't think this lens characteristic works more or less because of the medium. It may work better because the scene is crafted with more care and consideration than your average stills shot using a lens with similar characteristics.

The photography space feels overcrowded with salesmen and technicians. The way people talk about modern cameras & lenses outright confuses me sometimes.

Great opening post & thread idea though. I can see this getting spicy (in a good way!).

P.S. I worked as a DIT on commercials and indie flicks for many years. I'm a reformed image snob.

No f**** given from Greig and Reeves on the Batman. $150M movie shot on de-tuned Alfa lenses. Legends.

Feb 27, 2024 at 07:18 PM

Previous versions of RomanMF's message #16483699 « Bokeh Character Preferences for Wide Aperture Lenses »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.