Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Eric214's message #16476862 « Z9 Upcoming 4.2 or 5.0 firmware possibilities..OR Z9II »

Eric214
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Z9 Upcoming 4.2 or 5.0 firmware possibilities..OR Z9II

George DeCamp wrote:
Eric I've found, in the situation you speak about, to switch to 3D! Used it again today and it jumped right on the eye each time. Not saying it will do it every time but so far so good for me anyway!

I did have 3D work for me once a couple weeks ago with some sea ducks (Harlequin and Long-tailed) on the water in an inlet. Auto Area wanted to grab the head where 3D went instantly to the eye. So that day I used 3D (on my DISP button) and Auto Area for the flying ducks. With Long necked wading birds I have seen 3D work a little better but can be spotty in consistency.

That has literally been the only time that has happened since FW 4.10. Even in freshwater pools in Bombay Hook NWR the AA AF mode was far superior in this situation. Just an odd "duck" day I guess lol This is why even though I use AA AF mode 99% of the time and the only AF mode, I still keep 3D on my DISP button and Single Point on my Sub Selector center press. I put AA AF mode on BOTH my AF ON button and shutter half press.

But in 99% of the time, AA AF mode is far superior then 3D with Bird SD. I think that and the wading long necked bird recognition will be the next tweaks/improvements to the AF and SD

Feb 20, 2024 at 06:59 PM
Eric214
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Z9 Upcoming 4.2 or 5.0 firmware possibilities..OR Z9II

George DeCamp wrote:
Eric I've found, in the situation you speak about, to switch to 3D! Used it again today and it jumped right on the eye each time. Not saying it will do it every time but so far so good for me anyway!

I did have 3D work for me once a couple weeks ago with some sea ducks (Harlequin and Long-tailed) on the water in an inlet. Auto Area wanted to grab the head where 3D went instantly to the eye. So that day I used 3D (on my DISP button) and Auto Area for the flying ducks. With Long necked wading birds I have seen 3D work a little better but can be spotty in consistency.

That has literally been the only time that has happened since FW 4.10. Even in freshwater pools in Bombay Hook NWR the AA AF mode was far superior in this situation. Just an odd "duck" day I guess lol

But in 99% of the time, AA AF mode is far superior then 3D with Bird SD. I think that and the wading long necked bird recognition will be the next tweaks/improvements to the AF and SD

Feb 20, 2024 at 06:56 PM

Previous versions of Eric214's message #16476862 « Z9 Upcoming 4.2 or 5.0 firmware possibilities..OR Z9II »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.