Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RoamingScott's message #16475502 « Lot's of Z8's for sale used - what's up? »

RoamingScott
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Lot's of Z8's for sale used - what's up?

kattz wrote:
40Driggs wrote:
sjms wrote:
here have fun reading.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1843530

Save yourself and avoid that thread...

Quick synopsis is that there doesn't seem to be much difference between the Z8 and other cameras on the market. I personally wouldn't be worried anymore now that the initial teething issues seem to be sorted and the firmware is in a great place.

I've been buying and selling gear online for a long time and there's always a lot of new adopters when a new product comes to market that end up selling and moving on, regretting an impulse buy, got some stock they are trying to offload, made multiple orders and missed the return window etc.

OMG, yes, that thread is toxic.

I'll be sticking with my D850. I held out for the Z8 because I'm a landscape/storm photographer and didn't want to change lenses on a camera body with an uncovered sensor, which until the Z8 only the Z9 had at a Z9 price.

A wildly unclear OP, 1 linked toxic thread, a gross misinterpretation of the B/S/T forum, and whatever THIS is...and 30 min later completed dissuaded to buy a Z8. Ok...

You have a good camera. The Z8 is a good camera. You buy into lenses, not cameras. If you're interested in upgrading to a set of Z lenses, well, you have 2 options and the Z8 is half of them.

Feb 19, 2024 at 03:34 PM

Previous versions of RoamingScott's message #16475502 « Lot's of Z8's for sale used - what's up? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.