Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Kasper6188's message #16475334 « Nikon Z8 with 600 PF vs Sony A1 200-600 or 600 GM for Birds and BIF »

Kasper6188
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Nikon Z8 with 600 PF vs Sony A1 200-600 or 600 GM for Birds and BIF

binary visions wrote:
I've seen two comments in here about specific lenses being affected by heat haze.

Since heat haze is a physical property of the atmosphere, I always thought that it was something which affected all lenses equally. I mean, sure, poorly resolving lenses will be affected by this issue, but they aren't prey to heat haze specifically and more that anything which reduces the IQ of the image will be more noticeable if the IQ wasn't great to start with.

Anyone have any links or anything I could read up on, or can provide additional information? I tried Googling but my first few search attempts were mostly met with, "this is what heat haze is and why it affects telephoto lenses."

When it comes to heat distortion, it actually can vary from lens to lens depending on the situation. If someone plans to shoot in the winter and bring a lens out of a warm car, the lens itself can create distortion because it's not acclimated to the temperature outside. A smaller lens of less mass will acclimate to the conditions outside quicker vs a big heavy lens. Shooting without a lens hood until everything equalizes also helps too because the warm lens hood traps warmer air inside it

Feb 19, 2024 at 12:58 PM

Previous versions of Kasper6188's message #16475334 « Nikon Z8 with 600 PF vs Sony A1 200-600 or 600 GM for Birds and BIF »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.