Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #16473511 « Seriously »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Seriously

Can't say she looks too happy about you taking her pic.

I can almost see the "Wheel's Turning" inside her that has her thinking you're "stealing" her creative thoughts / ideas ... and yet, knows there's not much she can say / do.

Of course, we know that you have no such intention, but she has no way of knowing what an upstanding, respectful, honest artist in your own right, doing your own thing (which isn't her thing), the way we do.

I reckon that's a part of putting yourself out there, that we all have to reconcile in our own way.

And then, there's the matter of where the line between inspiration of being exposed to others work vs. outright copying what others are doing, exists as respectful propriety vs. inappropriate disregard.

Rambling on ...

Repetition is a form of re-enforcement. Some folks re-enforce their memory of someone newly met, by repeating the person's name multiple times.

Some folks re-enforce things by writing them down, more than once. (I used to take my notes, then transcribe them, as part of this strategy in school.)

But, for me (and assuming others) ... the act of capturing an image with my camera / lens ... it has it's own merit of re-enforcement through the amount of attention I attribute, garner and focus to the subject matter. That process (with / without a "picture" to review) provides me an "etching" into my own mind. I may not retain all the details in my mind, but the concept of what / why I was capturing typically is retained well. That is, unless I'm just "snapping" away as a matter of merely recording (without truly thinking) for later review.

Of course, most folks wouldn't remotely consider a picture being taken as a form of re-enforcement, they largely think of any myriad of other things, and unfortunately, so many of those thoughts are perceived less than ideally.

But, again ... she has no way of knowing what's in your mind, heart and/or intent vs. what is in her mind of what that might be. I guess, i'm just long-winding to say ... gee, it would have been nice, if she had smiled (at your appreciation for her / her work).

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:09 AM
RustyBug

I can almost see the "Wheel's Turning" inside her that has her thinking you're "stealing" her creative thoughts / ideas ... and yet, knows there's not much she can say / do.

Of course, we know that you have no such intention, but she has no way of knowing what an upstanding, respectful, honest artist in your own right, doing your own thing (which isn't her thing), the way we do.

I reckon that's a part of putting yourself out there, that we all have to reconcile in our own way.

And then, there's the matter of where the line between inspiration of being exposed to others work vs. outright copying what others are doing, exists as respectful propriety vs. inappropriate disregard.

Rambling on ...

Repetition is a form of re-enforcement. Some folks re-enforce their memory of someone newly met, by repeating the person's name multiple times.

Some folks re-enforce things by writing them down, more than once. (I used to take my notes, then transcribe them, as part of this strategy in school.)

But, for me (and assuming others) ... the act of capturing an image with my camera / lens ... it has it's own merit of re-enforcement through the amount of attention I attribute, garner and focus to the subject matter. That process (with / without a "picture" to review) provides me an "etching" into my own mind. I may not retain all the details in my mind, but the concept of what / why I was capturing typically is retained well. That is, unless I'm just "snapping" away as a matter of merely recording (without truly thinking) for later review.

Of course, most folks wouldn't remotely consider a picture being taken as a form of re-enforcement, they largely think of any myriad of other things, and unfortunately, so many of those thoughts are perceived less than ideally.

But, again ... she has no way of knowing what's in your mind, heart and/or intent vs. what is in her mind of what that might be. I guess, i'm just long-winding to say ... gee, it would have been nice, if she had smiled (at your appreciation for her / her work).

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:09 AM
RustyBug

Rambling on ...

But, again ... she has no way of knowing what's in your mind, heart and/or intent vs. what is in her mind of what that might be. I guess, i'm just long-winding ... gee, it would have been nice, if she had smiled (at your appreciation for her / her work).

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:08 AM
RustyBug

Rambling on ...

But, again ... she has no way of knowing what's in your mind, heart and/or intent vs. what is in her mind of what that might be. I guess, i'm just long-winding ... gee, it would have been nice, if she had smiled (at your appreciation for her / her work).

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:06 AM
RustyBug

Rambling on ...

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:06 AM
RustyBug

And then, there's the matter of where the line between inspiration of being exposed to others work vs. outright copying what others are doing.

Rambling on ...

Feb 17, 2024 at 10:47 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #16473511 « Seriously »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.