Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of OregonSun's message #16374108 « Film stocks »

OregonSun
Upload & Sell: Off
Film stocks

Since there's no film board...

I thought it would be fun to have a thread all about film stocks.

questions
favorites
reviews
comparisons
examples
developing
gripes
etc.

I'll start with my favorite B&W film of all time, Ilford Pan F Plus.

I stumbled on this one almost 10 years ago when I was getting back into film and shooting mostly landscapes with my trusty Pentax 67. 50 ISO wasn't a problem since I was always shooting from a tripod. I've never tried it in 35mm, but I'm sure it would be great as long as you have enough light or a tripod.

I love how rich the tones are and the contrast and extra fine grain. Nice with a red filter.

It produces very forgiving scans as far as post processing goes, even when underexposed

I've always used a local lab, and I've never had cause to complain about the developing, I think they use D76.

I don't shoot it as much as I used to because I shoot fewer landscapes these days, but I still keep a few rolls in the fridge.

Oct 25, 2023 at 09:04 AM
OregonSun
Upload & Sell: Off
Film stocks

Since there's no film board...

I thought it would be fun to have a thread all about film stocks.

questions
favorites
reviews
comparisons
examples
developing
gripes
etc.

I'll start with my favorite B&W film of all time, Ilford Pan F Plus.

I stumbled on this one almost 10 years ago when I was getting back into film and shooting mostly landscapes with my trusty Pentax 67. 50 ISO wasn't a problem since I was always shooting from a tripod. I've never tried it in 35mm, but I'm sure it would be great as long as you have enough light or a tripod.

I love how rich the tones are and the contrast and extra fine grain. Nice with a red filter.

It produces very forgiving scans as far as post processing goes, even when underexposed

I've always used a local lab, and I've never had cause to complain about the developing, I think they use D76.

I don't shoot it as much as I used to because I shoot fewer landscapes these days, but I still keep a few rolls in the fridge.

Oct 24, 2023 at 07:50 PM

Previous versions of OregonSun's message #16374108 « Film stocks »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.