Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Pixelpuffin's message #16321286 « Just scratched my RP sensor »

Pixelpuffin
Upload & Sell: Off
Just scratched my RP sensor

As per title
I noticed yesterday that my RP had spots all over the images. I did the f22 + patch of clear blue sky test and zoomed in on the laptopÖ it was horrendous, spots everywhere!!
Iíve cleaned the sensor on my M50/M6 a few times, always turned out perfect. I ordered the bigger swabs for FF sometime ago

Today I decided to clean the RP
Removed the battery & Lens
Got my rocket blower and with the camera facing down blew the sensor to remove what I could
Opened the new swab packet, applied several drops on the edge, allowed a few seconds to soak in and checked visually to ensure it was all covered uniformally.

Then swiped the sensor from left to right, rotated and swiped back from right to leftÖ

And that my friends, in that instant destroyed my sensor a huge scratch/scrape has resulted

Iím gutted

Checked the swab for debris with a magnifying glass cannot see anything !!

Guessing the repair will probably be 50% of what the RP is worth used

Iím so demoralised, I think I might just throw in the towel

Just googling now to see the best way to get shut of all the bodies and lenses Iíve amassed.

Iíll wait to see what silly quote I get for repair work, guessing itís gonna be £2-300 easy

I might just sell it as spares repair.

Yep, Iím pretty cut up. Saving grace is itís just a lowly RP had it been a R5 or something Iíd be inconsolable.

The thing is, Iíve always hated HATED!! The exposed sensor - such a stupid design given their importance. I had planned to pick up a 2nd used RP to reduce the lens changes (16.35,50 & 85) 16 & 50 rarely ever see use so would have kept the 35 and 85 on a body each permanently with maybe the 16 kept close by (the 50 can stay home)

If I decide to get it fixed I may still follow this idea through.

Besides todays tragedy I canít fault the RP . Didnít simple needs and wants itís more than enough

Aug 20, 2023 at 01:36 PM
Pixelpuffin

As per title
I noticed yesterday that my RP had spots all over the images. I did the f22 + patch of clear blue sky test and zoomed in on the laptopÖ it was horrendous, spots everywhere!!
Iíve cleaned the sensor on my M50/M6 a few times, always turned out perfect. I ordered the bigger swabs for FF sometime ago

Got my rocket blower and with the camera facing down blew the sensor to remove what I could
Opened the new swab packet, applied several drops on the edge, allowed a few seconds to soak in and checked visually to ensure it was all covered uniformally.

Then swiped the sensor from left to right, rotated and swiped back from right to leftÖ

And that my friends, in that instant destroyed my sensor a huge scratch/scrape has resulted

Iím gutted

Iím so demoralised, I think I might just throw in the towel

Just googling now to see the best way to get shut of all the bodies and lenses Iíve amassed.

Iíll wait to see what silly quote I get for repair work, guessing itís gonna be £2-300 easy

Yep, Iím pretty cut up. Saving grace is itís just a lowly RP had it been a R5 or something Iíd be inconsolable.

The thing is, Iíve always hated HATED!! The exposed sensor - such a stupid design given their importance. I had planned to pick up a 2nd used RP to reduce the lens changes (16.35,50 & 85) 16 & 50 rarely ever see use sowiuld have kept the 35 and 85 on a body permanently with maybe the 16 kept close by ( the 50 can stay home)

If I decide to get it fixed I may still follow this idea through.

Besides todays tragedy I canít fault the RP .

Aug 20, 2023 at 01:33 PM
Pixelpuffin

As per title

Then swiped the swab from left to right, rotated and swiped back from right to leftÖ

And that my friends, in that instant destroyed my sensor a huge scratch has resulted

Iím gutted

I think I might just throw in the towel

Aug 20, 2023 at 10:23 AM

Previous versions of Pixelpuffin's message #16321286 « Just scratched my RP sensor »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.