Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of mojoh's message #16261553 « User & Image Quality Reports on Ricoh GR III & GR IIIX »

mojoh
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: User & Image Quality Reports on Ricoh GR III & GR IIIX

I have used 2 earlier models of the Ricoh GR series and have the same experience as @RoamingScott@@ and @tzhang4284@@ in these two areas..

- I shot at default settings and found colors muted. Perhaps I am spoiled by Zeiss colors and microcontrast straight out from camera.

- AF is nowhere near today's standards, offered by the 3 bigger boys in their entry level mirrorless cameras.

In addition, I wished..

..there was a viewfinder for times when it's really bright outdoors as I had difficulty seeing clearly using the lcd screen. Cranking up brightness helps a bit but at the expense of draining the little battery faster. I did buy spare batteries then to try to mitigate this.

..the lcd screen was tiltable for times when I shot from awkward positions.

..they had kept the built-in flash which was later removed to make space for IBIS.

Having said that, the positive sides of the GR are its large cropped sensor, its truly pocketable size and menu layout.

I did resolve the above drawbacks of the GR by switching to Sony's RX100. However, the RX100 has its own quirks which I live better with.

Jun 03, 2023 at 05:58 PM

Previous versions of mojoh's message #16261553 « User & Image Quality Reports on Ricoh GR III & GR IIIX »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.