Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Photonadave's message #16255653 « A new type of teleconverter is coming. »

Photonadave
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: A new type of teleconverter is coming.

My take on this newfangled zooming converter simplistic looking patent is that it continuously zooms from 1X to 2X magnification with a simple mechanical click stop (or possibly more clicks) anywhere in this range. The optical formula also allows the converter to compensate for its added fixed physical extension length allowing infinity focus in all settings. The focal lengths and their corresponding f/stops would also vary continuously as defined by the longtime established/traditional mathematical formula for the particular lens mounted.

I agree with others that it may well fit lots of other lenses as it appears to not protrude into a mounted lens in this patent documentation however I suspect that the optical performance may be tuned specifically to the new RF 100-300mm & 200-500mm lenses by protruding into and being keyed only to these two lenses for now.

May 27, 2023 at 02:08 PM

Previous versions of Photonadave's message #16255653 « A new type of teleconverter is coming. »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.