Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RexGig0's message #16222323 « Leica Lenses and the M11 »

RexGig0
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica Lenses and the M11

Regarding seeing the difference between a Leica Summilux ASPH and a more-recently-released Leica APO Summicron ASPH, or a recently-released Voigtlander APO, well, whether 35mm or 50mm, yes, there are visible differences, because some of the Summiluxes are simply different, optically, especially wide-open. These differences include the Summilux lenses having optical imperfections that produce artistically-desirable effects.

Notably, the you-tuber being discussed, here, has a Summilux-M 50mm ASPH, and he likes using it for some of his shooting, on an M11. He did a video on this subject, in which he explained why he still uses an older lens on a 60mm M11. He normally uses a 50mm APO when shooting for clients, and he has explained why he does so, in more than one of his videos.

I am retired from public service, so, do not shoot evidentiary/forensic/crime scene images, anymore, thankfully, but, if I were to start a second career, perhaps as investigator for an insurance company, and felt that I needed to use an M camera, I would not use my Summilux-M 50mm ASPH for the images shot at the “normal” viewing angle. I would buy a pair of Voigtlander 50mm APO Lanthar lenses. Flat field, and better correction of aberrations. (In the real world, I would probably use my Nikon D850, and a pro-level mid-range zoom, for the business side of things.)

I am not any kind of expert, and, do not claim to have ever been a “professional photographer.”

I would, of course, rather have a Leica APO Summicron-M 50mm ASPH, than a Voigtlander 50mm APO Lanthar. Voigtlander should suffice, however, for business purposes.

Apr 19, 2023 at 10:24 AM

Previous versions of RexGig0's message #16222323 « Leica Lenses and the M11 »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.