Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Danpbphoto's message #16219884 « do you do street photography with a long lens »

Danpbphoto
Upload & Sell: On
Re: do you do street photography with a long lens

airfrogusmc wrote:
To me interesting street work is a lot more than just heads with blurred out backgrounds. It's about how the subject relates to the other elements in the frame and their environments. Seeing those things come together much of time in fractions of a second and then having the skill and the right tool to capture that.

Leica featured some of my work and words a few years back on the subject 5th para to point.
https://leica-camera.blog/2016/12/15/spontaneous-relationships/

Very well stated Allen. Yes street work is waaaaay more than isolation on something on the street. Hence my having a zoom at 18mm-300 and then 24-70 plus many primes 14-17TS-E.
I probably would not post an image where I have selectively focus on a particular small subject yet call it a "street shot". I think some photographer called it "Zone Focusing". The part of his book is what I am saying about uwa/wa street images. There is much going on with uwa/wa lenses. That is what I DON'T want to miss.

That is what I like to see!
S/F!
RD

Apr 16, 2023 at 10:22 AM

Previous versions of Danpbphoto's message #16219884 « do you do street photography with a long lens »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.