Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RoamingScott's message #16178947 « Latest Nikon Rumors - March 25th! »

RoamingScott
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Latest Nikon Rumors

Not every one of my comments is a personal attack on your sensibilities, Steve.

I have shot tens of thousands of images with both the A7R4 and Z7ii. I'm well equipped to compare the difference in IQ between the sensors (a sensor shared in the A7R5). Nikons consistently meter better than Sony, and have less false color cast in even RAW files. I'm editing less than I ever have since moving to Nikon. That's pretty darn cool to me.

Pixelshift is a parlor trick for very limited situations, across all brands. I'd never in a million years buy a camera for that feature, no matter how good it is, and I think many would agree.

And I have stitched images, taken where the subject matter allowed it, that have far more resolution than a single pixel shift file That includes both Sony and Nikon. You should see THOSE prints.

Many of these features are just software. Nikon prioritized features like focus stacking which people actually want. Sony leaned into PixelShift which...people don't want as much. Any of these cameras could do any of these functions if the manufacture wanted them to. Funny that both of these features are totally half assed, too. Both cameras should output the final file from the camera directly, instead of relying on external computer programs. Olympus has had this figured out for a LONG time.

Feb 24, 2023 at 11:14 AM
RoamingScott

I have shot tens of thousands of images with both the A7R4 and Z7ii. I'm well equipped to compare the difference in IQ between the sensors (a sensor shared in the A7R5). Nikons consistently meter better than Sony, and have less false color cast in even RAW files. I'm editing less than I ever have since moving to Nikon. That's pretty darn cool to me.

Pixelshift is a parlor trick for very limited situations, across all brands. I'd never in a million years buy a camera for that feature, no matter how good it is, and I think many would agree.

And I have stitched images, taken where the subject matter allowed it, that have far more resolution than a single pixel shift file That includes both Sony and Nikon. You should see THOSE prints.

Many of these features are just software. Nikon prioritized features like focus stacking which people actually want. Sony leaned into PixelShift which...people don't want as much. Any of these cameras could do any of these functions if the manufacture wanted them to.

Feb 24, 2023 at 11:12 AM
RoamingScott

Feb 24, 2023 at 10:59 AM

Previous versions of RoamingScott's message #16178947 « Latest Nikon Rumors - March 25th! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.