Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #16149795 « Anyone Switched from Mac to PC? »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Anyone Switched from Mac to PC?

jhapeman wrote:the thinner design and lighter weight and how quiet they were, even if they were hobbled to keep them in that heat envelope.

I've enjoyed my ThinkPad X1 to hit that target envelope for years. For me, it was the sweet spot between power / performance / size / weight / heat / noise ... without feeling "hobbled".

That feeling of being "hobbled" kept me out of a Mac ... up till now. If the SOC Mac didn't exist, I'd be upgrading my X1. But, the SOC M1 / M2 has raised the bar, such that "hobbled" isn't part of the equation. Instead, more performance and less heat (I work off my lap, literally) is duly noted.

Folks can run all the benchmark tests they want ... but, my thighs can definitely tell the difference (without a benchmark).

Jan 20, 2023 at 08:30 PM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Anyone Switched from Mac to PC?

jhapeman wrote:the thinner design and lighter weight and how quiet they were, even if they were hobbled to keep them in that heat envelope.

I've enjoyed my ThinkPad X1 to hit that target for years. For me, it was the sweet spot between power / performance / size / weight / heat / noise ... without feeling "hobbled".

That feeling of being "hobbled" kept me out of a Mac ... up till now. If the SOC Mac didn't exist, I'd be upgrading my X1. But, the SOC has raised the bar, such that "hobbled" isn't part of the equation. Instead, more performance and less heat (I work off my lap, literally).

Folks can run all the benchmark tests they want ... but, my thighs can definitely tell the difference.

Jan 20, 2023 at 08:28 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #16149795 « Anyone Switched from Mac to PC? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.