Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of dvoss's message #16141583 « Anyone with experience with Excire Foto? »

dvoss
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Anyone with experience with Excire Foto?

Excire Foto seems to be a Lightroom replacement with the capability to tag images with their proprietary AI keywording system and create a searchable digital asset manager database.

Excire Search is a Lightroom plug-in to use just the tagging and search functions within Lightroom.

I downloaded the 14-day trial of Excire Search to try out.

https://us.excire.com/shop/excire-test/#excire-search-2022

It was easy to install and creates a separate database of keywords so it doesn't appear to mess with the LR catalog. You have to tell the plug-in to "initialize" your photos, which took about 6 hours for 35K images on a Mac Studio Ultra. This populates the Excire database with keywords based on their AI recognition system (self-contained - no uploading to cloud etc). You can choose later to "transfer" the Excire keywords to the LR database.

I found that simple keyword searches like "car" and "dog" yielded pretty good results, with about 20% false positives (ie, a heating vent grille in my house was tagged "car"...). The trial version limits you to 100 hits per search. I don't know about the false negatives yet (failing to tag a car as a car). Still playing with it. I have no idea how this compares with Adobe Sensei (which you cannot use on LR Classic) or Google Vision (cloud based).

Seems an interesting tool, especially if they continually update and improve the AI tagging. Full licensed version is US$99. (I have no connection with the company.)

- David

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:25 AM

Previous versions of dvoss's message #16141583 « Anyone with experience with Excire Foto? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.