Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of pkmx's message #16095320 « Fringer Canon EF to Nikon Z Adapter »

pkmx
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Fringer Canon EF to Nikon Z Adapter

Interesting. Actually I never took note of how it recorded the name for zoom lenses with variable apertures. Most of the zoom lenses I used on it are constant aperture except for that Tamron 100-400 which was my friend's. Maybe the Nikon's mount protocol doesn't allow the adapter to input arbitrary lens names because the Fringer EF-FX (to Fuji X-mount) does record the full name of the EF lens.

Not forcing a DX crop is a plus and adds flexibility to crop or use greater image circle in post. I hope Nikon doesn't even enforce it with their native DX lenses, or perhaps allow it to be configured in the settings. Maybe they are scared that people will find out some DX lenses actually have good FF coverage and end up not buying the more expensive FX version.

My copy of the Fringer has almost zero play on both mounts, but yeah it could be just copy variation and I got lucky.

Nov 16, 2022 at 12:53 AM

Previous versions of pkmx's message #16095320 « Fringer Canon EF to Nikon Z Adapter »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.