Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #16047537 « Swebo TC24 24mm f/3.5 Lens »

naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: On
Swebo TC24 24mm f/3.5 Lens

q-w-z wrote:
So, it looks like 24 is Samyang, 19 Nikkor(?) and 15 is Laowa!?
I shot with Samyang on my Sony A900 and later A7R - it has visible distortion (can be corrected in Capture One), rather strange colour cast (more cyan and green), bad flare and sharpness falling-off badly after ~6mm shift. Changed it for TS-E 24mm II.
I also own Laowa 15 and its pretty decent (cannot say copy of 17mm TS-E I shot few times was better). Probably will get Laowa 20 next year.

Thank you. If I wished to use the Canon 24mm TS-E II on the Cambo Actus with any of my Sony Camera bodies more recent than the A7r cameras, to the best of my knowledge when using the $1446 Cambo ACB-CA Lensplate with Canon EF Bayonet (to adjust the lens aperture) the enlargement of the grips on the Sony bodies subsequent to the A7r has llimited shift in my understanding to the left of about 4mm. Add that to the $1800+ for the Canon lens. As to the Nikkor 19mm lense, I believe that it would not be possible to adjust the lens aperture on the Cambo Actus Mini cameras with the Sony camera bodies. That would leave the Sweebo TC24. Unfortunately the Laowa 20mm shift lens is only available in the in Canon RF, Nikon Z, and Sony E mounts. Cambo offers no lens plates in those mounts, only Canon EF and Nikon NF mount to use on the Cambo Actus mini camera with the standard Cambo Actus Canon lens plate or Nikon F lens plate with a Sony E mount body. I would need to add a Canon EF to RF adapter or a Nikon F to Nikon Z mount or a Nikon Z to Sony E mount adapter to use a any of the versions of the Laowa 20mm shift lens.

Rich

Sep 18, 2022 at 07:46 PM
naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: On
Swebo TC24 24mm f/3.5 Lens

q-w-z wrote:
So, it looks like 24 is Samyang, 19 Nikkor(?) and 15 is Laowa!?
I shot with Samyang on my Sony A900 and later A7R - it has visible distortion (can be corrected in Capture One), rather strange colour cast (more cyan and green), bad flare and sharpness falling-off badly after ~6mm shift. Changed it for TS-E 24mm II.
I also own Laowa 15 and its pretty decent (cannot say copy of 17mm TS-E I shot few times was better). Probably will get Laowa 20 next year.

Thank you. If I wished to use the Canon 24mm TS-E II on the Cambo Actus with any of my Sony Camera bodies more recent than the A7r cameras, to the best of my knowledge when using the $1446 Cambo ACB-CA Lensplate with Canon EF Bayonet (to adjust the lens aperture) the enlargement of the grips on the Sony bodies subsequent to the A7r has llimited shift in my understanding to the left of about 4mm. Add that to the $1800+ for the Canon lens. As to the Nikkor 19mm lense, I believe that it would not be possible to adjust the lens aperture on the Cambo Actus Mini cameras with the Sony camera bodies. That would leave the Sweebo TC24. Unfortunately the Laowa 20mm shift lens is only available in the in Canon RF, Nikon Z, and Sony E mounts. Cambo offers no lens plates in those mounts, only Canon EF and Nikon NF mount to use on the Cambo Actus mini camera with the standard Cambo Actus Canon lens plate with a Sony E mount body. I would need to add a Canon EF to RF adapter or a Nikon F to Nikon Z mount or a Nikon Z to Sony E mount adapter to use a any of the versions of the Laowa 20mm shift lens.

Rich

Sep 18, 2022 at 12:26 PM

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #16047537 « Swebo TC24 24mm f/3.5 Lens »