Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of mudlake's message #16046922 « Re-evaluating my photography… can an iPhone work? »

mudlake
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Re-evaluating my photography… can an iPhone work?

I’m the dad who has packed around my camera, lenses, AND tripod on every family vacation for 23 years. Still doing it even though all the kids but one is an adult and out of the house. Has it been worth it?

YES. I’ll gladly put up with some discomfort and inconvenience to take priceless images and preserve family history that will be worth their weight in gold 30 years from now. iPhone images are what I reluctantly take when there’s no time to get my camera out. They’re ok, but nothing like the quality of a good camera and lens.

It’s interesting to me that many choose to cut back on their quality images while on vacation. No judgment, just not how I think. Vacation images are where I want my best images. If an iPhone gets you want you want, great! But it’s not for me.

Sep 17, 2022 at 08:37 PM
mudlake
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Re-evaluating my photography… can an iPhone work?

I’m the dad who has packed around my camera, lenses, AND tripod on every family vacation for 23 years. Still doing it even though all but one is an adult and out of the house. Has it been worth it?

YES. I’ll gladly put up with some discomfort and inconvenience to take priceless images and preserve family history that will be worth their weight in gold 30 years from now. iPhone images are what I reluctantly take when there’s no time to get my camera out. They’re ok, but nothing like the quality of a good camera and lens.

It’s interesting to me that many choose to cut back on their quality images while on vacation. No judgment, just not how I think. Vacation images are where I want my best images. If an iPhone gets you want you want, great! But it’s not for me.

Sep 17, 2022 at 04:41 PM

Previous versions of mudlake's message #16046922 « Re-evaluating my photography… can an iPhone work? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.