Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Schwarzlicht's message #16001342 « ZEISS BATIS 40mm f/2 Image Thread »

Schwarzlicht
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: ZEISS BATIS 40mm f/2 Image Thread

chiron wrote:

I have never had a focusing problem with this lens. Also, there are a lot of well-focused eyeball shots in the thread. Maybe there is a problem with your copy. Also, did you update the firmware?

I've had the lens for almost 2 years and have really never had any problems with eye autofocus. I now take many more portraits with the Batis 40/2 than with the 85/1.4 GM or Sony 50/1.4. The Focus is fast and reliable for me. The skin tones of the 40/2 Batis are more natural and lively than with my other lenses.

I use some Sony and Batis lenses. Of all the AF lenses, it has by far the best, most vibrant colors and most impressive micro-contrast in my opinion. The images often have an impressive depth and appear very plastic. The very impressive close-up limit and the focal length make it very universally applicable. Most of the time I only have the 40 batis with me. At 360 grams, it's a bit heavier than other small lenses, but it's still not particularly heavy. In my pocket, the 360 ​​grams are hardly noticeable.

I use the batis for landscape, portrait, architecture, blue hour, nice close-ups...

DSC09006-2 by stm geist, auf Flickr

DSC09006 by stm geist, auf Flickr

DSC08952 by stm geist, auf Flickr

DSC08964 by stm geist, auf Flickr

DSC00866 by stm geist, auf Flickr

DSC00846 by stm geist, auf Flickr

DSC09152 by stm geist, auf Flickr

DSC09146 by stm geist, auf Flickr

DSC09151 by stm geist, auf Flickr

Aug 01, 2022 at 05:34 AM
Schwarzlicht

chiron wrote:

I have never had a focusing problem with this lens. Also, there are a lot of well-focused eyeball shots in the thread. Maybe there is a problem with your copy. Also, did you update the firmware?

I've had the lens for almost 2 years and have really never had any problems with eye autofocus. I now take many more portraits with the Batis 40/2 than with the 85/1.4 GM or Sony 50/1.4. The Focus is fast and reliable for me. The skin tones of the 40/2 Batis are more natural and lively than with my other lenses.

I use some Sony and Batis lenses. Of all the AF lenses, it has by far the best, most vibrant colors and most impressive micro-contrast in my opinion. The images often have an impressive depth and appear very plastic. The very impressive close-up limit and the focal length make it very universally applicable. Most of the time I only have the 40 batis with me. At 360 grams, it's a bit heavier than other small lenses, but it's still not particularly heavy. In my pocket, the 360 ​​grams are hardly noticeable.

I use the batis for landscape, portrait, architecture, blue hour, nice close-ups...

DSC00846 by stm geist, auf Flickr

Jul 26, 2022 at 07:47 AM
Schwarzlicht

chiron wrote:

Jul 26, 2022 at 07:28 AM

Previous versions of Schwarzlicht's message #16001342 « ZEISS BATIS 40mm f/2 Image Thread »