Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Peter Figen's message #15979954 « So Real It's Unreal »

Peter Figen
Upload & Sell: On
Don't put your finger in these dikes

Another go 'round with the Vise-Grips dikes and the ultra-fab Rodenstock Digaron 105mm 5.6 Macro. I started out thinking that I'd just focus stack the jaws and let the rest go out but I just kept going and 250 exposures later I'm glad I did, but what a pain in the ass. I shot wide open at f/5.6 so the slices had to be very small and both Helicon and Zerene got confused with that many slices of 600mb per slice and started making double images no matter what parameters I used. So I made about seven sub focus stacks, which worked pretty well on their own, but when I tried to combine those sub stacks in either software, I got even more double images, so I loaded up those seven into Ps and used the Align Layers command but not the Blend Layers as that really won't work on a hi-res image, and then manually masked them with layer masks, which wasn't really as hard as it seems. Even so, there were weird things going on like the linear "grain", if you will on the flat surfaces near the handles took a little dogleg turn when it wasn't supposed to. More retouching. Obviously I do these for fun as no company, even, or perhaps, especially Vise-Grips is going to pay what this would be worth for a ten dollar product. I keep one pair in each guitar case for trimming strings.

Jun 29, 2022 at 04:08 PM

Previous versions of Peter Figen's message #15979954 « So Real It's Unreal »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.