Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Makten's message #15972102 « Bang for your buck body - Travel focus »

Makten
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Bang for your buck body - Travel focus

gdanmitchell wrote:
Makten wrote:
Funny how the texture of the wall is visible even in the metal part and buttons to the left then.
As usual; you not seeing something doesn't mean that someone who does, "believes". It's clearly visible.

That's pure nonsense.

ANY image at 300% — x-trans, Bayer, film — is going to show _some_ artifacts at 300% magnification.

The texture of the wall is not remotely "visible in the metal part and buttons." In fact, even at 300% magnification, it is arguably possible to distinguish the text on the buttons in this handheld shot.

Confirmation bias is a strange thing, and it is fascinating to watch it play our here. I guarantee that if I posted an example like this in a thread extolling the excellent sharpness of Lens X or Camera Z, where the fans of Lens X or Camera Z hang out, they would be using this very example to demonstrate how well their favorite lens/camera performed. But here, where the image is used to challenge nonsensical and hyperbolic negative claims, it "proves" the opposite to the true unbelievers.

Ah, photography forums.

I wonder about some of you folks.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to make excellent and quite large prints from these files while y'all moan about phantoms.

Have fun. ;-)

You are projecting your own inabilities on others, just like you always do. Please don't quote me again, I'm not interested in your excuses.

Edit: For other readers, here's a 200% crop from a bayer sensor... Artifacts? I can't see them.

Jun 20, 2022 at 10:49 AM
Makten
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Bang for your buck body - Travel focus

gdanmitchell wrote:
Makten wrote:
Funny how the texture of the wall is visible even in the metal part and buttons to the left then.
As usual; you not seeing something doesn't mean that someone who does, "believes". It's clearly visible.

That's pure nonsense.

ANY image at 300% — x-trans, Bayer, film — is going to show _some_ artifacts at 300% magnification.

The texture of the wall is not remotely "visible in the metal part and buttons." In fact, even at 300% magnification, it is arguably possible to distinguish the text on the buttons in this handheld shot.

Confirmation bias is a strange thing, and it is fascinating to watch it play our here. I guarantee that if I posted an example like this in a thread extolling the excellent sharpness of Lens X or Camera Z, where the fans of Lens X or Camera Z hang out, they would be using this very example to demonstrate how well their favorite lens/camera performed. But here, where the image is used to challenge nonsensical and hyperbolic negative claims, it "proves" the opposite to the true unbelievers.

Ah, photography forums.

I wonder about some of you folks.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to make excellent and quite large prints from these files while y'all moan about phantoms.

Have fun. ;-)

You are projecting your own inabilities on others, just like you always do. Please don't quote me again, I'm not interested in your excuses.

Jun 20, 2022 at 10:35 AM

Previous versions of Makten's message #15972102 « Bang for your buck body - Travel focus »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.