Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Paul_100A's message #15963253 « Oly OM-1 tracking »

Paul_100A
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Oly OM-1 tracking

whumber wrote:
Paul_100A wrote:

the "AF box" is not the 'thing' recognizing the bird...the camera's computer is the thing recognizing the bird.

when the EM1X's Bird AI was released there were complaints regarding no means to select which of the 'recognized' birds to AF. the camera defaulted to the bird closest to the camera or center mass.

This is incorrect, the E-M1X selects which detected subject to target based on which subject box is closest to the active AF zone. It's best to use the single small point for subject tracking on the E-M1X.

yes and no right...a matter of if/when.
indeed... I always used Bird AI with the EM1X from the very start(a single AF target for perched or 5X5 for BIF)...I refrained from adding that detail to my thread as I doubted it's usefulness vs adding more confusion in this particular situation.
If/When not using a smaller than ALL AF Target (AF zone) group...the camera defaults to center or closer.

there were complaints when EM1X Bird AI was first released regarding being unable to select which bird to AF but not from me as I found out very early how to use the feature/equipment as best as possible.

Jun 08, 2022 at 02:51 PM
Paul_100A

whumber wrote:
Paul_100A wrote:

the "AF box" is not the 'thing' recognizing the bird...the camera's computer is the thing recognizing the bird.

when the EM1X's Bird AI was released there were complaints regarding no means to select which of the 'recognized' birds to AF. the camera defaulted to the bird closest to the camera or center mass.

This is incorrect, the E-M1X selects which detected subject to target based on which subject box is closest to the active AF zone. It's best to use the single small point for subject tracking on the E-M1X.

yes and no right.
indeed... I always used Bird AI with the EM1X from the very start(a single AF target for perched or 5X5 for BIF)...I refrained from adding that detail to my thread as I doubted it's usefulness vs adding more confusion in this particular situation.
without using a smaller than ALL AF Target (AF zone) group...the camera defaults to center or closer.

there were complaints when EM1X Bird AI was first released regarding being unable to select which bird to AF but not from me as I found out very early how to use the feature/equipment as best as possible.

Jun 08, 2022 at 02:40 PM
Paul_100A

whumber wrote:
Paul_100A wrote:

yes and no right.
without using a smaller than ALL AF Target (AF zone) group...the camera defaults to center or closer.

Jun 08, 2022 at 02:35 PM
Paul_100A

whumber wrote:
Paul_100A wrote:

indeed and how I always used Bird AI with the EM1X from the very start(a single AF target for perched or 5X5 for BIF)...I refrained from adding that detail to my thread as I doubted it's usefulness vs adding more confusion in this particular situation.

Jun 08, 2022 at 02:23 PM

Previous versions of Paul_100A's message #15963253 « Oly OM-1 tracking »