Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of kardician's message #15942181 « NEED HELP - gallery platform gave clients access to full resolution digital files without permission »

kardician
Upload & Sell: Off
NEED HELP - gallery platform gave clients access to full resolution digital files without permission

Hey guys, I need some advice about a recent situation. I have been using cloud spot to host my client galleries for about a year or so and have been enjoying them so far. Great interface and it offers more features than my previous gallery platform, including the option to set the download resolution of the images. I had mine set to 2600 which is printable up to 8x10.

They recently made an update to allow more than 1 resolution to download for a single gallery. So for example, I could allow a client to download both a 5mp digital file and a full resolution digital file. I did not know about this update or make any changes to my gallery settings until just a few days ago when I found the problem. Unknown to myself (and their team) it changed the default download option to allow the full resolution digital files to be downloaded.

I allow printing up to 8x10 and have clients order professional prints if they would like anything larger than 8x10. The change happened in mid-March and about 18 of my galleries allowed the full resolution downloads without my knowledge or consent. I changed permissions for the new galleries as soon as I became aware of the issue but these clients have already downloaded the digital files. I normally charge $150 per image for clients to download a full resolution digital file since the assumption is that they won't be printing thru our studio. In addition, while I cannot say with absolute certainty, there is a very high chance that I have been shorted out of hundreds or thousands of dollars of print sales from those 18 galleries. What are your thoughts on this?

May 13, 2022 at 03:16 PM

Previous versions of kardician's message #15942181 « NEED HELP - gallery platform gave clients access to full resolution digital files without permission »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.