Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of jeffbuzz's message #15896749 « Cold shoe mounts for Godox flash with quick release lock? »

jeffbuzz
Upload & Sell: On
Cold shoe mounts for Godox flash with quick release lock?

MRomine wrote:
FYI, I just got a new copy of the V860IIn and it has the metal foot instead of the plastic one. I can not tell for sure from your photos but it looks like the plastic foot in your photos is thicker than the metal foot on my V860IIn.

Yes, the plastic feet are thicker than the metal ones. ~2.25mm versus 1.75mm. My older TT685C all have the metal feet which feet and lock into all of the adapters I have. The original TT685S units I had also used plastic feet. But since they used screw down locks they were held down no better or worse in the adapters in which they actually fit. Now the short throw QR style lock rings can't get down to their fully locked position.

The Sony OEM flashes seem to come with all metal feet. Although I don't have any on hand to actually compare. Even the godox replacement parts for their Sony TTL flashes appear to be plastic. All the Nikon, Canon and Pan/Oly replacement feet appear to be metal. So the plastic feet may be unique to the Sony mount for some reason.

Mar 21, 2022 at 04:28 PM

Previous versions of jeffbuzz's message #15896749 « Cold shoe mounts for Godox flash with quick release lock? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.