Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Holger's message #15531952 « Why should I get the new Sony 35 1.4 G master for weddings »

Holger
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Why should I get the new Sony 35 1.4 G master for weddings

gheller wrote:
Holger wrote:
Because it is fantastic. We got it from Sony yo test it out and it is worth every Penny. We use the Sigma f1.2 lenses up to now, but will get the GM. Sharper. Lighter. Smaller. Less CA. Less flare.

I personally would prefer to save $$$ and get a *faster* lens in the Sigma. The real world differences are minimal and many of the (so called) issues can be mostly corrected easily in post.

There are some advantages of the Sigma that the Sony doesn't have (e.g.: infinity focusing and FTM focusing). The Sigma also has a metal mount, making it more durable:

https://versus.com/en/sigma-35mm-f-1-2-dg-dn-art-vs-sony-distagon-t-fe-35mm-f1-4-za

There are several great comparisons online.

HTH

g

Having had both side by side (GM, not the Sony ZA from your link. I had this lens, too, but it is visibly softer wide open), I don't really see a big advantage with the Sigma. It surely is a fine lens. It is our most used lens but for my wife it is nice to only carry half the wight for 10-12h constantly at weddings. I keep mine. We shoot against the sun very often and the Sigma flares strongly with rainbow like flares directly in the center on the persons. This alone makes the Sony preferable for us. But others have different preferences and that is fine, too.

Mar 14, 2021 at 05:51 PM

Previous versions of Holger's message #15531952 « Why should I get the new Sony 35 1.4 G master for weddings »