Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Adam Au's message #15000198 « Official: A9 II with 24MP sensor! »

Adam Au
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: A9 II with 24MP sensor!

RoamingScott wrote:
Wanny wrote:
RoamingScott wrote:
Wanny wrote:
I know everyone is going to complain about this upgrade, but everyone needs to realize this camera isn't for 99% of people on this forum. No one here is going to be shooting at the Olympics and that's all Sony cares about. It's still the best camera on the market by far and the upgrades only make it better.

That being said, a 30 mp sensor and upgraded EVF would've been amazing.

Please explain how a journalist could photograph the olympics with the A9ii but couldn't with an A9.

I never said that...

"everyone needs to realize this camera isn't for 99% of people on this forum. No one here is going to be shooting at the Olympics and that's all Sony cares about."

That implies the A9ii is simply Sony presenting a camera for Olympic journalists, when in reality, it's very close to feature parity with the original A9, which a TON of hobbyists and non-pros use for things like birding, airplane, and sports photography.

The A9ii is simply a money grab. Nothing about it is a necessary upgrade for an A9 shooter.

Reading the press release, it seems like they are directly marketing this to the small subset of people going to shoot he Olympics. The average person does not need all those new connectivity features. This seems like a stop gap release because they needed something for the Olympics. If they had a bigger sensor and the new EVF, I think a lot more people would think about upgrading/buying this over the A9.

As a A7R3 owner, I don't see the R4 as a necessary upgrade. If the A9ii had 36mp and the new EVF of the R4, I would have seriously considered the A9ii as my ultimate all-in-one.

Oct 03, 2019 at 09:52 AM

Previous versions of Adam Au's message #15000198 « Official: A9 II with 24MP sensor! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.