New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2010 · What's going on at RRS?

jbiernat

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · What's going on at RRS?

sperraglia wrote:
+1

If you feel ethical reasoning is absurd and infantile I'm at a loss. Ethics, character, and integrity are far from absurd and infantile.

When I support a cause or candidate and exercise my right to vote I feel empowered and included in the process. I've never received that feeling from a day at the mall.

"As for me and my house we will buy RRS!!!!"

Nov 20, 2010 at 09:16 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · What's going on at RRS?

funny i just voted against a bad union contract and lost. so much for that empowering feeling.

we need to get back to the point. that is photography.

SJP- try talking about photography. take a cruise. be happy.

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Smiert Spionam
• • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · What's going on at RRS?

jbiernat wrote:
If you feel ethical reasoning is absurd and infantile I'm at a loss. Ethics, character, and integrity are far from absurd and infantile.

You misread me. I said nothing of the sort.

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Nickle S.
• • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · What's going on at RRS?

Wow, what a hornets nest!

If I give my money to a company and that company makes it public what they choose to do with that money, in this case a political/moral cause, then continuing to give them my business is furthering their cause. If I agree with them on this issue, then I'll gladly buy their products. If I disagree with them, I will send my business elsewhere like to Gitzo and Arca-Swiss for example. Seems like a very simple choice to me.

Nicholas
www.copperhillimages.com

Nov 21, 2010 at 12:23 PM
treacle
• • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · What's going on at RRS?

I will not knowingly buy things from a company that donated money to a cause that hurts me personally both emotionally and financially therefore I no longer do business with Really Right Stuff.

Nov 21, 2010 at 02:35 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · What's going on at RRS?

Nickle S. wrote:
Wow, what a hornets nest!

If I give my money to a company and that company makes it public what they choose to do with that money, in this case a political/moral cause, then continuing to give them my business is furthering their cause. If I agree with them on this issue, then I'll gladly buy their products. If I disagree with them, I will send my business elsewhere like to Gitzo and Arca-Swiss for example. Seems like a very simple choice to me.

Nicholas
www.copperhillimages.com

no i don't have to do that. i could find fault in just about any company including yours with enough. what is your knowledge of all the companies you deal with? what they (any company) doesn't allow you to know stays out of your line of sight . your not all that smart to dig nor will most put any effort into it. sublime ignorance will win. and of course ignorance is bliss.

evidently it doesn't bother gitzo too much since they are a major stocking dealer of their products.

Nov 21, 2010 at 03:53 PM
Nickle S.
• • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · What's going on at RRS?

sjms wrote:
no i don't have to do that. i could find fault in just about any company including yours with enough. what is your knowledge of all the companies you deal with? what they (any company) doesn't allow you to know stays out of your line of sight . your not all that smart to dig nor will most put any effort into it. sublime ignorance will win. and of course ignorance is bliss.

I'm not following you at all here. This thread is about a company who had no qualms about making their very personal POLITICAL and MORAL views public. When my company chooses to do that, then it is opening itself for reactions as illustrated in this thread. My post that you quoted didn't say one way or another how I feel about the issue and I'm not planning to air my views anytime in the future, here or anywhere else.

I do agree with you that the internet has made us all more transparent to the world, with a little digging, I'm sure a lot of personal information can be revealed. But I'm not talking about surreptitious revelations, I'm talking about a company who wears their heart on their sleeve. It is entirely their decision to make their views known to the world and you seem to resent the fact that people have an emotional reaction to it. If you choose to ignore this type of information and regard it as "fluff", then that is entirely fine with me. Some people in this thread have heartfelt views on these types of things and if it bothers you as it evidently does, then stay out of it.

My view is that business should be about business and personal views should be kept personal. Period. RRS has a different approach and they have to live with the consequences.

Nicholas
www.copperhillimages.com

Nov 21, 2010 at 04:05 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.