Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2184              2186              2222       2223       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2185 #1 · p.2185 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks George, spectacular aren't they? You would almost swear that they had planted them specifically to attract tourists ! (I presume they haven't but hey who knows these days? )

There are many more trees in town etc. with even more spectacular colour but one suspects they have been planted in more recent times and that they are cultivars bred specifically for more colour.

Andy

Apr 18, 2024 at 07:53 PM
cadman342001
• • • • •
p.2185 #2 · p.2185 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

As I have Covid (again!) and am stuck in my van for a few days I hope you don't mind me sharing the link to my latest processing of another DSO (Deep Space Object) for anyone interested.

Next up on the Deep Space Object list, IC2944, The Running Chicken Nebula.

This is located just to the right of Acrux, The Southern Cross. Also known in Australia as the Emu Nebula.

http://flic.kr/p/2pKXYPT

Andy

Apr 18, 2024 at 07:57 PM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2185 #3 · p.2185 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

First let me say all the best with this round of Covid and hopefully it is a milder case!

Re: your DSO, WOW! Just incredible. Please share links all you want to!

cadman342001 wrote:
As I have Covid (again!) and am stuck in my van for a few days I hope you don't mind me sharing the link to my latest processing of another DSO (Deep Space Object) for anyone interested.

This is located just to the right of Acrux, The Southern Cross. Also known in Australia as the Emu Nebula.

Andy

Apr 18, 2024 at 08:30 PM
milt
• •
p.2185 #4 · p.2185 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GeorgeBo wrote:
I really like the focus in the first one Regina.

Thanks George.

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:15 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2185 #5 · p.2185 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A little over three weeks ago I started to prepare to digitize thousands of slides. I built four period computers from scratch to run three vintage (circa 1996-2000) Nikon film scanners - primarily to use the Nikon SF-200 auto slide feeder. I just don't have the time to manually digitize so many slides, and this allows batches of 50 at a time. I got thrown back in the Windows 95, 98se, 2K, XP, era plus Win 10. Usually dual booting into linux for safe online retrieval of needed files. I found out what interface (SCSI or Firewire), operating system, hardware, plus which software combinations worked best. It won't surprise anyone here that Nikon makes great film scanners. So, here are a couple setups I shoe-horned into my less cluttered darkroom.

shot with the IR converted 5DmkII and the Nikkor 24mm f2.8 ais at iso 2500

So happy to get the SCSI Nakamichi CD changer, and Panasonic phase change dual working again in Win10 after 20+ years

Apr 18, 2024 at 11:18 PM
cadman342001
• • • • •
p.2185 #6 · p.2185 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great work and those pics could have been taken back in the day !

My late father travelled the world as a fitter in the Merchant Navy in the early 60's (Engine Room for The Blue Funnel Line out of Liverpool) and took many slides that my mum now has somewhere. Would be great to get them scanned. What are you rates ? ;D

I was watching a youtube last week of an American travelling to the UK to visit vintage computer museums

https://youtu.be/3sz4L_h_6I4?si=N8UUjZ-QmsspmEmC

Also, has anyone watched the show "Halt and Catch Fire" ? It's a drama about the birth of the PC era. I loved it.
I think it is now available on netflix.

Andy

James Markus wrote:
A little over three weeks ago I started to prepare to digitize thousands of slides. I built four period computers from scratch to run three vintage (circa 1996-2000) Nikon film scanners - primarily to use the Nikon SF-200 auto slide feeder. I just don't have the time to manually digitize so many slides, and this allows batches of 50 at a time. I got thrown back in the Windows 95, 98se, 2K, XP, era plus Win 10. Usually dual booting into linux for safe online retrieval of needed files. I found out what interface (SCSI or Firewire), operating system,
...Show more

Apr 19, 2024 at 02:32 AM
cadman342001
• • • • •
p.2185 #7 · p.2185 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks George on both counts.

Here's a link to the last one for now (the famous Horsehead Nebula) -

http://flic.kr/p/2pL83PX

Andy

GeorgeBo wrote:
First let me say all the best with this round of Covid and hopefully it is a milder case!

Re: your DSO, WOW! Just incredible. Please share links all you want to!

Apr 19, 2024 at 02:39 AM
spoupard
• • •
p.2185 #8 · p.2185 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001 wrote:

Andy

Andy, both the Running Chicken Nebula and the Horsehead Nebula photos are amazing and incredibly beautiful! Thanks for sharing these. Please keep them coming.

Apr 19, 2024 at 05:36 AM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.2185 #9 · p.2185 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

What an ambitious project! Those shots are taking me back in time. Nakamichi ! That that used to be some good stuff.

James Markus wrote:
A little over three weeks ago I started to prepare to digitize thousands of slides. I built four period computers from scratch to run three vintage (circa 1996-2000) Nikon film scanners - primarily to use the Nikon SF-200 auto slide feeder. I just don't have the time to manually digitize so many slides, and this allows batches of 50 at a time. I got thrown back in the Windows 95, 98se, 2K, XP, era plus Win 10. Usually dual booting into linux for safe online retrieval of needed files. I found out what interface (SCSI or Firewire), operating system,
...Show more

Apr 19, 2024 at 08:02 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.2185 #10 · p.2185 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Bummer on the covid, again, may it feel no worse than a cold.

AWESOME on the DSO photo!!

cadman342001 wrote:

Andy

Apr 19, 2024 at 08:15 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.2185 #11 · p.2185 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

WOW, an old Shuttle! I always meant to get one back in the day. I probably could have sent you a full blown Win2k setup...

James Markus wrote:
...Show more

Apr 19, 2024 at 08:18 AM
serge07
• • •
p.2185 #12 · p.2185 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi, everyone:

James, great work on a very interesting project.

Regina, super nice job manual focusing the runners. I have done this at the NYC Marathon and it is not easy with these lenses.

Andy, terrific fall colors.

Conservatory Garden, Central Park: It has been under renovations (more like an overhaul) for the past 3-4 years and sections remain closed to the public.

Fuji S5 + 28/2.8 AIs
Serge

Apr 19, 2024 at 08:50 AM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2185 #13 · p.2185 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Andy, Thanks for the links! Many of the parts I needed were stored in my darkroom. I built computers for my seven kids from the early nineties until they left home. They were always pushing me to make faster computers for their games, and I for Photoshop. I built so many dual processor machines in the mid 1990s that it is embarrassing. Boards that gave SMP to the masses like the Asus P2b-ds, Pc-dl, or the A7m266-d, Tyan tiger mp, and the legendary Abit bp6 - the last three all taking advantage of enabling smp on non-smp cpus - it was a thrilling time. Or the pencil trick on Durons - that was so cool. sigh

cadman342001 wrote:
Great work and those pics could have been taken back in the day !

My late father travelled the world as a fitter in the Merchant Navy in the early 60's (Engine Room for The Blue Funnel Line out of Liverpool) and took many slides that my mum now has somewhere. Would be great to get them scanned. What are you rates ? ;D

I was watching a youtube last week of an American travelling to the UK to visit vintage computer museums

https://youtu.be/3sz4L_h_6I4?si=N8UUjZ-QmsspmEmC

Also, has anyone watched the show "Halt and Catch Fire" ? It's a drama about the
...Show more

Apr 19, 2024 at 09:14 AM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2185 #14 · p.2185 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

These are astounding images Andy

cadman342001 wrote:

Andy

Apr 19, 2024 at 09:17 AM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2185 #15 · p.2185 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I agree about Nakamichi - best cassette deck I have ever heard. I need to rebuild mine, because the belts dried out.

GeorgeBo wrote:
What an ambitious project! Those shots are taking me back in time. Nakamichi ! That that used to be some good stuff.

Apr 19, 2024 at 09:19 AM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2185 #16 · p.2185 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'm a Shuttle addict. The Shuttle SN-45G with two scanners piled on top is an Athlon 2800+ 2Gb ram, SCSI and Firewire running Win2K (though I am only running the LS-1000 on it). It has to be the most responsive computer I have ever used - almost instant reactions to mouse clicks. The 5400 dpi LS-1000 scans use to take about 60-70 seconds each on my old dual cpu computer (dual slot 1 coppermine core 750 mhz intel) - now 10-15 seconds with this hardware using Silver-Fast (great software).

NightOwl Cat wrote:
WOW, an old Shuttle! I always meant to get one back in the day. I probably could have sent you a full blown Win2k setup...

Edited on Apr 19, 2024 at 11:20 AM · View previous versions

Apr 19, 2024 at 09:34 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2185 #17 · p.2185 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I know I'm way late to the eclipse party, but I'm just starting to get my energy back from last weeks procedure. Hopefully, I'll feel well enough to participate more.

I shot this handheld with my 50-135mm through my welders helmet. It wasn't at its peak yet, but I was lucky to get this one as the sun disappeared behind the clouds for the rest of the afternoon.

Eclipse 2024 by Tom Womack, on Flickr

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:13 AM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.2185 #18 · p.2185 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hey! Good to see you back! Hope things are turning the corner

leighton w wrote:
I know I'm way late to the eclipse party, but I'm just starting to get my energy back from last weeks procedure. Hopefully, I'll feel well enough to participate more.

I shot this handheld with my 50-135mm through my welders helmet. It wasn't at its peak yet, but I was lucky to get this one as the sun disappeared behind the clouds for the rest of the afternoon.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53664809715_1fbeeae1ec_c.jpgEclipse 2024 by Tom Womack, on Flickr

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:03 AM
spoupard
• • •
p.2185 #19 · p.2185 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53664809715_1fbeeae1ec_c.jpgEclipse 2024 by Tom Womack, on Flickr

It's good to "see" you again! I'm glad you are feeling better and stronger.

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:07 AM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2185 #20 · p.2185 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Welcome back! The clouds literally add atmosphere to the photo - I like it!

leighton w wrote:

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:22 AM
1       2       3              2184              2186              2222       2223       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.