Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2152      
2153
       2154              2182       2183       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

  
 
rafaelcasd
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2153 #1 · p.2153 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


GeorgeBo wrote:
Early bird gets the waterfall and avoids other people. Especially when the temp is in the 20s F

Took the Z8 with two old rangefinder lenses. Relatively light weight package to carry on the backpack strap. Only have the iPad with me and iOS still doesn’t support native Z8 Raw files. So just posting a couple here from Lightroom Mobile until I get back home on my main computer. Lightroom Mobile does not have the Z8 camera profiles from the latest firmware update so no Deep Monochrome profile support yet. I am almost ready to try another OS for field shooting,
...Show more

Love the waterfall George, looks like icicles. Shutter speed effect?



Feb 26, 2024 at 11:16 AM
pbraymond
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2153 #2 · p.2153 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


DeltaSigma wrote:
The innards of one of the old turbine halls.
Modern blended with industrial heritage.

55/1.2 SC

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53550720606_55ea41edf4_h.jpgZ62_8844-Pano: Battersea, London by Colin McIntosh, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53550720121_79f9ae43af_h.jpgZ62_8856-NR: Battersea, London by Colin McIntosh, on Flickr

Colin


As always Colin, you do a great job in the mix of artificial and natural light, and make London shine. Enjoyed the old and new together. Looks like the dragonfly light may actual have motion to it?

--------------

GeorgeBo wrote:
Early bird gets the waterfall and avoids other people. Especially when the temp is in the 20s F

Took the Z8 with two old rangefinder lenses. Relatively light weight package to carry on the backpack strap. Only have the iPad with me and iOS still doesn’t support native Z8 Raw files. So just posting a couple here from Lightroom Mobile until I get back home on my main computer. Lightroom Mobile does not have the Z8 camera profiles from the latest firmware update so no Deep Monochrome profile support yet. I am almost ready to try another OS for field shooting,
...Show more

That first shot with the bridge is great. Of course, the drool-worthy Hassy(?) looks great as well. Your consolidation is going well I see.



Feb 26, 2024 at 12:09 PM
pbraymond
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2153 #3 · p.2153 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Some neat light with the 180mm f2.8AIS.








Feb 26, 2024 at 12:10 PM
GeorgeBo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2153 #4 · p.2153 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thanks!
1/15 shutter speed and direct sunlight helped with that.

If I don’t do a long exposure with a 10stop filter, I like shooting waterfalls at 1/15 - 1/30 to give it just enough motion blur.

rafaelcasd wrote:
Love the waterfall George, looks like icicles. Shutter speed effect?





Feb 26, 2024 at 07:55 PM
GroWeb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2153 #5 · p.2153 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Here is a small group of images of the landscape north of Lake Superior, taken with the Fuji X-E2 with unspecified MFNG.

















Feb 26, 2024 at 09:36 PM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2153 #6 · p.2153 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


First one is phenomenal!

A couple more mornings. Side note, despite saying I liked Adobe, today I noticed a crazy difference in WB between iPad and iPhone, with the phone looking awful. Need to dig in more but leaves me wondering…

GroWeb wrote:
Here is a small group of images of the landscape north of Lake Superior, taken with the Fuji X-E2 with unspecified MFNG.














Feb 26, 2024 at 10:29 PM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2153 #7 · p.2153 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Bet your phone doesn’t have P3 color balance like the iPad does.

AdaptedLenses wrote:
First one is phenomenal!

A couple more mornings. Side note, despite saying I liked Adobe, today I noticed a crazy difference in WB between iPad and iPhone, with the phone looking awful. Need to dig in more but leaves me wondering…





Feb 26, 2024 at 11:52 PM
SiMuMe
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2153 #8 · p.2153 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


AdaptedLenses wrote:
First one is phenomenal!

A couple more mornings. Side note, despite saying I liked Adobe, today I noticed a crazy difference in WB between iPad and iPhone, with the phone looking awful. Need to dig in more but leaves me wondering…



Goergeus. Looks like you're getting to the sweet spot of the season. I am starting to feel summer slipping away from us.



Feb 27, 2024 at 12:15 AM
SiMuMe
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2153 #9 · p.2153 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I remembered I used to have the (free) Nik Collection package installer from way back in 2016. Just had to find and install it. Result from the first thing I tried, Color Efx Pro. I think my last shared picture was of this basket? It's just getting bigger and even more irresistible.


D2X + AI Micro NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8S | F5.6 ISO 400 -0.67EV



Feb 27, 2024 at 12:21 AM
serge07
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2153 #10 · p.2153 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Hi, everyone:

I had not been inside the Colosseum is a very long time. As luck would have it, individual tickets were sold out and had to settle for a rather expensive group tour which took over an hour to assemble. Valuable light was lost with the waiting which resulted in some heavy shadows.






I read that as part of the restoration, some sort of high tech flooring is planned which should be interesting.





X-E1 + 16/3.5 AI @ f/5.6
Serge



Feb 27, 2024 at 08:28 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2153 #11 · p.2153 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Might have been a profile issue. Was trying to post a sample and the iPad started throwing a Missing Profile issue. Also annoying and I haven’t had luck resolving before, but usually limited in scope. Tried another image and they synced okay, with the phone looking a little more contrasty. Chalk it up to technology…

As far as the season goes, it’s still pretty chilly! I also actually really liked the dark. Looking forward to losing an hour of sunlight in a couple weeks (How often has anyone said that?)

kwoodard wrote:
Bet your phone doesn’t have P3 color balance like the iPad does.






Feb 27, 2024 at 09:11 AM
GeorgeBo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2153 #12 · p.2153 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Glen, I love that first one. All good but wish I was there in that first shot!

GroWeb wrote:
Here is a small group of images of the landscape north of Lake Superior, taken with the Fuji X-E2 with unspecified MFNG.





Feb 27, 2024 at 10:30 AM
GeorgeBo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2153 #13 · p.2153 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I am another that likes the dark mornings. Especially for drinking coffee and thinking about the day. BUT give me as much daylight as you can at the end of the day after working hours

AdaptedLenses wrote:
Might have been a profile issue. Was trying to post a sample and the iPad started throwing a Missing Profile issue. Also annoying and I haven’t had luck resolving before, but usually limited in scope. Tried another image and they synced okay, with the phone looking a little more contrasty. Chalk it up to technology…

As far as the season goes, it’s still pretty chilly! I also actually really liked the dark. Looking forward to losing an hour of sunlight in a couple weeks (How often has anyone said that?)






Feb 27, 2024 at 10:34 AM
spoupard
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2153 #14 · p.2153 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


GroWeb wrote:
Here is a small group of images of the landscape north of Lake Superior, taken with the Fuji X-E2 with unspecified MFNG.


Glen, I have to agree with the others. These are all good, but the first one really stands out. It makes me want to take a ride down that road and see where it goes.



Feb 27, 2024 at 10:45 AM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2153 #15 · p.2153 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


See, that’s a win-win. Late sunrise, late sunset! I’m on board with the logic as well. I do like the 7 PM sunset coming in just a couple weeks. It’ll start getting a bit warmer here around then as well, makes a short walk after work enjoyable.

GeorgeBo wrote:
I am another that likes the dark mornings. Especially for drinking coffee and thinking about the day. BUT give me as much daylight as you can at the end of the day after working hours






Feb 27, 2024 at 10:53 AM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2153 #16 · p.2153 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Glen,
The mist separating the foreground from the background adds so much depth to all three of these. As others have said - the first one really stands out. Perhaps it was a telephoto that crunches the DOF, but on a photo with such obvious depth - it creates a tension of the high background almost hanging over the viewer. I love it.
Jim


GroWeb wrote:
Here is a small group of images of the landscape north of Lake Superior, taken with the Fuji X-E2 with unspecified MFNG.





Feb 27, 2024 at 01:10 PM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2153 #17 · p.2153 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Serge,
With all the people in the photos it gives me a reference for scale I had never appreciated before. Naval battles in the Colosseum
would work, but the floor must have been close to leak proof. Is there an aqueduct nearby? Thanks for sharing.
Jim

serge07 wrote:
Hi, everyone:

I had not been inside the Colosseum is a very long time. As luck would have it, individual tickets were sold out and had to settle for a rather expensive group tour which took over an hour to assemble. Valuable light was lost with the waiting which resulted in some heavy shadows.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53549182300_2e30327a2b_h.jpg
I read that as part of the restoration, some sort of high tech flooring is planned which should be interesting.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53548937683_11bb6a3d8f_h.jpg
X-E1 + 16/3.5 AI @ f/5.6
Serge





Feb 27, 2024 at 01:17 PM
DeltaSigma
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2153 #18 · p.2153 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thanks Ray.
I really like taking photographs in London. Plenty of options and lots of areas still to explore.
My default setting for these conditions is to under-expose by 1-2eV to try to preserve the highlights and then rely on pulling back the shadow detail in post. Same for the outside shots.

The artist intentionally used the water to create a butterfly/dragonfly effect. The brackets would suggest the wings are fixed. I don't recall any movement - which is a pity since that would have been epic for a long exposure.

Colin


pbraymond wrote:
As always Colin, you do a great job in the mix of artificial and natural light, and make London shine. Enjoyed the old and new together. Looks like the dragonfly light may actual have motion to it?

--------------

That first shot with the bridge is great. Of course, the drool-worthy Hassy(?) looks great as well. Your consolidation is going well I see.





Feb 27, 2024 at 01:55 PM
GeorgeBo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2153 #19 · p.2153 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Alright, I now have somewhat of a workflow for the new camera profiles in Z8. One of the things I wanted to do this past weekend was see how well the Deep Tone Monochrome camera profile from the latest firmware update of the Z8 worked. Specifically with my old 2.5cm rangefinder lens. Lightroom does not have the camera profiles updated from the 2.0 firmware update.

For the image below I opened the NEF in Nikon NX Studio and passed a TIFF with the Deep Monochrome profile applied to Photoshop. Applied the border to the image with very slight exposure/gamma adjustments and saved a jpg to post here. Very very little post processing. I think I am going to like that Deep Tone Monochrome profile

George






  NIKON Z 8    W-NIKKOR-C 2.5cm f/4 lens    25mm    f/4.0    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  




Feb 27, 2024 at 02:05 PM
spoupard
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2153 #20 · p.2153 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


GeorgeBo wrote:
Alright, I now have somewhat of a workflow for the new camera profiles in Z8. One of the things I wanted to do this past weekend was see how well the Deep Tone Monochrome camera profile from the latest firmware update of the Z8 worked. Specifically with my old 2.5cm rangefinder lens. Lightroom does not have the camera profiles updated from the 2.0 firmware update.

For the image below I opened the NEF in Nikon NX Studio and passed a TIFF with the Deep Monochrome profile applied to Photoshop. Applied the border to the image with very slight exposure/gamma adjustments and
...Show more

Nice shot! The profile works great here.



Feb 27, 2024 at 05:19 PM
1       2       3              2152      
2153
       2154              2182       2183       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2152      
2153
       2154              2182       2183       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.