1       2       3              2152      
       2154              2182       2183       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2153 #1 · p.2153 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GeorgeBo wrote:
Early bird gets the waterfall and avoids other people. Especially when the temp is in the 20s F

Took the Z8 with two old rangefinder lenses. Relatively light weight package to carry on the backpack strap. Only have the iPad with me and iOS still doesn’t support native Z8 Raw files. So just posting a couple here from Lightroom Mobile until I get back home on my main computer. Lightroom Mobile does not have the Z8 camera profiles from the latest firmware update so no Deep Monochrome profile support yet. I am almost ready to try another OS for field shooting,
...Show more

Love the waterfall George, looks like icicles. Shutter speed effect?

Feb 26, 2024 at 11:16 AM
pbraymond
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2153 #2 · p.2153 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

DeltaSigma wrote:
The innards of one of the old turbine halls.
Modern blended with industrial heritage.

55/1.2 SC

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53550720606_55ea41edf4_h.jpgZ62_8844-Pano: Battersea, London by Colin McIntosh, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53550720121_79f9ae43af_h.jpgZ62_8856-NR: Battersea, London by Colin McIntosh, on Flickr

Colin

As always Colin, you do a great job in the mix of artificial and natural light, and make London shine. Enjoyed the old and new together. Looks like the dragonfly light may actual have motion to it?

--------------

GeorgeBo wrote:
Early bird gets the waterfall and avoids other people. Especially when the temp is in the 20s F

Took the Z8 with two old rangefinder lenses. Relatively light weight package to carry on the backpack strap. Only have the iPad with me and iOS still doesn’t support native Z8 Raw files. So just posting a couple here from Lightroom Mobile until I get back home on my main computer. Lightroom Mobile does not have the Z8 camera profiles from the latest firmware update so no Deep Monochrome profile support yet. I am almost ready to try another OS for field shooting,
...Show more

That first shot with the bridge is great. Of course, the drool-worthy Hassy(?) looks great as well. Your consolidation is going well I see.

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:09 PM
pbraymond
• • • •
p.2153 #3 · p.2153 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some neat light with the 180mm f2.8AIS.

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:10 PM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.2153 #4 · p.2153 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks!
1/15 shutter speed and direct sunlight helped with that.

If I don’t do a long exposure with a 10stop filter, I like shooting waterfalls at 1/15 - 1/30 to give it just enough motion blur.

rafaelcasd wrote:
Love the waterfall George, looks like icicles. Shutter speed effect?

Feb 26, 2024 at 07:55 PM
GroWeb
• • •
p.2153 #5 · p.2153 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here is a small group of images of the landscape north of Lake Superior, taken with the Fuji X-E2 with unspecified MFNG.

Feb 26, 2024 at 09:36 PM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.2153 #6 · p.2153 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

First one is phenomenal!

A couple more mornings. Side note, despite saying I liked Adobe, today I noticed a crazy difference in WB between iPad and iPhone, with the phone looking awful. Need to dig in more but leaves me wondering…

GroWeb wrote:
Here is a small group of images of the landscape north of Lake Superior, taken with the Fuji X-E2 with unspecified MFNG.

Feb 26, 2024 at 10:29 PM
kwoodard
• • • • •
p.2153 #7 · p.2153 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Bet your phone doesn’t have P3 color balance like the iPad does.

AdaptedLenses wrote:
First one is phenomenal!

A couple more mornings. Side note, despite saying I liked Adobe, today I noticed a crazy difference in WB between iPad and iPhone, with the phone looking awful. Need to dig in more but leaves me wondering…

Feb 26, 2024 at 11:52 PM
SiMuMe
• • • •
p.2153 #8 · p.2153 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

AdaptedLenses wrote:
First one is phenomenal!

Goergeus. Looks like you're getting to the sweet spot of the season. I am starting to feel summer slipping away from us.

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:15 AM
SiMuMe
• • • •
p.2153 #9 · p.2153 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I remembered I used to have the (free) Nik Collection package installer from way back in 2016. Just had to find and install it. Result from the first thing I tried, Color Efx Pro. I think my last shared picture was of this basket? It's just getting bigger and even more irresistible.

D2X + AI Micro NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8S | F5.6 ISO 400 -0.67EV

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:21 AM
serge07
• • •
p.2153 #10 · p.2153 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi, everyone:

I had not been inside the Colosseum is a very long time. As luck would have it, individual tickets were sold out and had to settle for a rather expensive group tour which took over an hour to assemble. Valuable light was lost with the waiting which resulted in some heavy shadows.

I read that as part of the restoration, some sort of high tech flooring is planned which should be interesting.

X-E1 + 16/3.5 AI @ f/5.6
Serge

Feb 27, 2024 at 08:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.2153 #11 · p.2153 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Might have been a profile issue. Was trying to post a sample and the iPad started throwing a Missing Profile issue. Also annoying and I haven’t had luck resolving before, but usually limited in scope. Tried another image and they synced okay, with the phone looking a little more contrasty. Chalk it up to technology…

As far as the season goes, it’s still pretty chilly! I also actually really liked the dark. Looking forward to losing an hour of sunlight in a couple weeks (How often has anyone said that?)

kwoodard wrote:
Bet your phone doesn’t have P3 color balance like the iPad does.

Feb 27, 2024 at 09:11 AM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.2153 #12 · p.2153 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Glen, I love that first one. All good but wish I was there in that first shot!

GroWeb wrote:

Feb 27, 2024 at 10:30 AM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.2153 #13 · p.2153 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I am another that likes the dark mornings. Especially for drinking coffee and thinking about the day. BUT give me as much daylight as you can at the end of the day after working hours

AdaptedLenses wrote:
Might have been a profile issue. Was trying to post a sample and the iPad started throwing a Missing Profile issue. Also annoying and I haven’t had luck resolving before, but usually limited in scope. Tried another image and they synced okay, with the phone looking a little more contrasty. Chalk it up to technology…

As far as the season goes, it’s still pretty chilly! I also actually really liked the dark. Looking forward to losing an hour of sunlight in a couple weeks (How often has anyone said that?)

Feb 27, 2024 at 10:34 AM
spoupard
• • •
p.2153 #14 · p.2153 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GroWeb wrote:

Glen, I have to agree with the others. These are all good, but the first one really stands out. It makes me want to take a ride down that road and see where it goes.

Feb 27, 2024 at 10:45 AM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.2153 #15 · p.2153 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

See, that’s a win-win. Late sunrise, late sunset! I’m on board with the logic as well. I do like the 7 PM sunset coming in just a couple weeks. It’ll start getting a bit warmer here around then as well, makes a short walk after work enjoyable.

GeorgeBo wrote:
I am another that likes the dark mornings. Especially for drinking coffee and thinking about the day. BUT give me as much daylight as you can at the end of the day after working hours

Feb 27, 2024 at 10:53 AM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2153 #16 · p.2153 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Glen,
The mist separating the foreground from the background adds so much depth to all three of these. As others have said - the first one really stands out. Perhaps it was a telephoto that crunches the DOF, but on a photo with such obvious depth - it creates a tension of the high background almost hanging over the viewer. I love it.
Jim

GroWeb wrote:

Feb 27, 2024 at 01:10 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2153 #17 · p.2153 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Serge,
With all the people in the photos it gives me a reference for scale I had never appreciated before. Naval battles in the Colosseum
would work, but the floor must have been close to leak proof. Is there an aqueduct nearby? Thanks for sharing.
Jim

serge07 wrote:
Hi, everyone:

I had not been inside the Colosseum is a very long time. As luck would have it, individual tickets were sold out and had to settle for a rather expensive group tour which took over an hour to assemble. Valuable light was lost with the waiting which resulted in some heavy shadows.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53549182300_2e30327a2b_h.jpg
I read that as part of the restoration, some sort of high tech flooring is planned which should be interesting.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53548937683_11bb6a3d8f_h.jpg
X-E1 + 16/3.5 AI @ f/5.6
Serge

Feb 27, 2024 at 01:17 PM
DeltaSigma
• • • •
p.2153 #18 · p.2153 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Ray.
I really like taking photographs in London. Plenty of options and lots of areas still to explore.
My default setting for these conditions is to under-expose by 1-2eV to try to preserve the highlights and then rely on pulling back the shadow detail in post. Same for the outside shots.

The artist intentionally used the water to create a butterfly/dragonfly effect. The brackets would suggest the wings are fixed. I don't recall any movement - which is a pity since that would have been epic for a long exposure.

Colin

pbraymond wrote:
As always Colin, you do a great job in the mix of artificial and natural light, and make London shine. Enjoyed the old and new together. Looks like the dragonfly light may actual have motion to it?

--------------

That first shot with the bridge is great. Of course, the drool-worthy Hassy(?) looks great as well. Your consolidation is going well I see.

Feb 27, 2024 at 01:55 PM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.2153 #19 · p.2153 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Alright, I now have somewhat of a workflow for the new camera profiles in Z8. One of the things I wanted to do this past weekend was see how well the Deep Tone Monochrome camera profile from the latest firmware update of the Z8 worked. Specifically with my old 2.5cm rangefinder lens. Lightroom does not have the camera profiles updated from the 2.0 firmware update.

For the image below I opened the NEF in Nikon NX Studio and passed a TIFF with the Deep Monochrome profile applied to Photoshop. Applied the border to the image with very slight exposure/gamma adjustments and saved a jpg to post here. Very very little post processing. I think I am going to like that Deep Tone Monochrome profile

George

NIKON Z 8    W-NIKKOR-C 2.5cm f/4 lens    25mm    f/4.0    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Feb 27, 2024 at 02:05 PM
spoupard
• • •
p.2153 #20 · p.2153 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GeorgeBo wrote:
Alright, I now have somewhat of a workflow for the new camera profiles in Z8. One of the things I wanted to do this past weekend was see how well the Deep Tone Monochrome camera profile from the latest firmware update of the Z8 worked. Specifically with my old 2.5cm rangefinder lens. Lightroom does not have the camera profiles updated from the 2.0 firmware update.

For the image below I opened the NEF in Nikon NX Studio and passed a TIFF with the Deep Monochrome profile applied to Photoshop. Applied the border to the image with very slight exposure/gamma adjustments and
...Show more

Nice shot! The profile works great here.

Feb 27, 2024 at 05:19 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.