Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2147              2149              2222       2223       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2148 #1 · p.2148 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Really like your mon processing Patrick. I tend towards high contrast when processing my own, but your look works really well.
Patrick Kolb wrote:
Found the near the church entrance and used 55mm f2.8 ais lens.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53541838265_d64513628a_c.jpgNear Entrance by Patrick Kolb, on Flickr

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:39 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2148 #2 · p.2148 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Yesterday with the 5DmkII-IR and the 24mm f2.8 ais down by the river.

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:46 PM
Patrick Kolb
• •
p.2148 #3 · p.2148 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

AdaptedLenses wrote:
Really like your mon processing Patrick. I tend towards high contrast when processing my own, but your look works really well.

Thank you that means a lot.

Feb 20, 2024 at 01:08 PM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.2148 #4 · p.2148 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy - definitely planning here and hoping for clearer skies than last time.

Here is the last rig I used. Will be different this go round and still working through configurations with the Nikkor glass so I can contribute to the thread here.

I had the camera tethered to my MacBook and then Airplay to the Apple TV in the house to get that big screen view for others to see.

saph wrote:
Talking about off topics, is anyone planning for the solar eclipse that will cut through a good slice of the US in April? I was just checking and in Maryland it will be 87%, that's good enough for me, as long as clouds don't throw water on the plans.

The recommendation is to use the LCD monitor, even after attaching a solar filter. And I think the digital viewfinders are better than optical. I am sure 7 or so years back I looked through the D800's optical viewfinder to take this one:

https://live.staticflickr.com/4393/35980702934_cc035fbcea_b.jpgDSC_9298 by Maryland Photos, on Flickr

Feb 20, 2024 at 01:30 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2148 #5 · p.2148 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Looks kinda like the Sky Watcher Star Adventurer 2i Pro - but black. Yours looks better - IMO

GeorgeBo wrote:

Here is the last rig I used. Will be different this go round and still working through configurations with the Nikkor glass so I can contribute to the thread here.

I had the camera tethered to my MacBook and then Airplay to the Apple TV in the house to get that big screen view for others to see.

Feb 20, 2024 at 03:26 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.2148 #6 · p.2148 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Sadly, the battery for the z7ii decided to be incompatible with the camera this morning. I was sitting in the dark at flight deck cussing it out. Fortunately I also brought a D500 with me and was able to continue getting shots. In my haste I forgot a card reader so I won't really see what I got till I get home....

Just remembered that the door to the grip had popped off while fiddling with it, found it under the seat. I had plugged the battery in to charge. Pulled the grip off and put the same battery in the camera and it turned on and worked. Put the grip back on and put the same battery back in and the camera now works....

going back to Bosque in a little bit for evening shots, and maybe a trip to VLA as well

mjgphotoz wrote:
Have a great trip Laura and keep us posted!

Mary

Feb 20, 2024 at 03:44 PM
mjgphotoz
• • •
p.2148 #7 · p.2148 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Sadly, the battery for the z7ii decided to be incompatible with the camera this morning. I was sitting in the dark at flight deck cussing it out. Fortunately I also brought a D500 with me and was able to continue getting shots. In my haste I forgot a card reader so I won't really see what I got till I get home....

Just remembered that the door to the grip had popped off while fiddling with it, found it under the seat. I had plugged the battery in to charge. Pulled the grip off and put the same battery in
...Show more

Laura, the D500 I kept is a beast and I won't part with it. Back up with muscles!! Glad you got it sorted. Now the rest of the trip will be a piece of cake! Can't wait to see the images.

Mary

Feb 20, 2024 at 05:39 PM
saph
• • • • •
p.2148 #8 · p.2148 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love the setup and the idea about piping it to a big screen!!

GeorgeBo wrote:

Feb 20, 2024 at 07:39 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • • •
p.2148 #9 · p.2148 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

On top of my other maladies, had a cold the last couple of days.

Thursday I will ship Nippi to Kevin, who will keep it for a month, then ship it down the line in the order below.

kwoodard
Spoupard
saph
NightOwl Cat
GroWeb
bruni
cadman

Will send a reminder and the next address to each person, make sure to send with tracking numbers. When it comes time to send it to Italy I will help with the expense, same for shipping to Andy.

Thanks for your patience.
Rafael

PS. the 15mm 5.6 QD.C came and it is really like new, after cleaning the external grime off. It is the highest known serial number. Will show the lens tomorrow.

Couple quick tests at 5.6 with the Z7. (Noisy camera at higher ISO)

nikkor 15mm 5.6 qd.c z7 test home 20240220_19 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

These 15mm Nikkors have curvature of field, on landscape hey show the ground sharp up close, far corners not so much.
They are perfect for interior shots, no distortion.

nikkor 15mm 5.6 qd.c z7 test home 20240220_16 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:05 PM
cadman342001
• • • • •
p.2148 #10 · p.2148 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Very jealous of you guys getting the upcoming Solar Eclipse. I'll just have to console myself with NZ's Bortle 1/2 skies.

I took some more MW shots last night with the GFX and fuji 23 f4. (187 shots x 20 secs actually)
Great detail even at Iso12800 but the colour gradients and WB issues are insane. There's a couple on my flickr photostream but I don't like them. Even if I get 1 shot reasonable WB wise, when I sync the rest of the shots the colour in all of them is a huge green cast

My SA GTi is white with green anodised knobs. Seems most astro gear has some kind of tacky colour on it somewhere !

Here's a pano from last week, looking north towards Isengard etc. I think the GFX and 135/2 ais, 4 shot horizontal. The fg has clouds of dust from the dry areas of the braided river bed

DSCF7778-Pano-Edit by Andy Macdougall, on Flickr

Andy

Feb 21, 2024 at 05:02 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2148 #11 · p.2148 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GeorgeBo wrote:

This reminds me...how is the reorganizing of your kit going?

Edited on Feb 21, 2024 at 06:12 AM · View previous versions

Feb 21, 2024 at 06:10 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2148 #12 · p.2148 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001 wrote:
Very jealous of you guys getting the upcoming Solar Eclipse. I'll just have to console myself with NZ's Bortle 1/2 skies.

I took some more MW shots last night with the GFX and fuji 23 f4. (187 shots x 20 secs actually)
Great detail even at Iso12800 but the colour gradients and WB issues are insane. There's a couple on my flickr photostream but I don't like them. Even if I get 1 shot reasonable WB wise, when I sync the rest of the shots the colour in all of them is a huge green cast

My SA GTi is white with
...Show more

That's majestic looking.

Feb 21, 2024 at 06:11 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.2148 #13 · p.2148 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Andy, with Ohio's luck with any major celestial event, we'll have cloudy skies that day. It's also a work day for me so either way, I won't get to partake.

I'd take your scenery over a celestial event any day.

cadman342001 wrote:

My SA GTi is white with
...Show more

Feb 21, 2024 at 06:40 AM
pbraymond
• • • •
p.2148 #14 · p.2148 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

James Markus wrote:
Yesterday with the 5DmkII-IR and the 24mm f2.8 ais down by the river.

http://www.photomatter.com/2024/Edit_5DmkII-IR_24mm-f2.8-ais_GrandRiverPark-7263-Carbonized-TonedGlow.jpg

I like the shape of that stream James. Has possiblities.
---------------------------------------------

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Just remembered that the door to the grip had popped off while fiddling with it, found it under the seat. I had plugged the battery in to charge. Pulled the grip off and put the same battery in
...Show more

Glad it worked out. Looking forward to your pics from that reserve.

---------------------------------------------

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Andy, with Ohio's luck with any major celestial event, we'll have cloudy skies that day. It's also a work day for me so either way, I won't get to partake.

I'd take your scenery over a celestial event any day.

I'm with Laura, the eclipse will be cool but short lived. I'll take soaking in a great location vs a short celestial event. This statistical chance of cloud cover map shows one reason for the dampened enthusiasm for some of us in Ohio.
https://weather.com/forecast/national/news/2024-01-24-solar-eclipse-april-8-cloud-cover-climatology

Feb 21, 2024 at 07:27 AM
pbraymond
• • • •
p.2148 #15 · p.2148 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

75-150 f3.5 Series E.

Feb 21, 2024 at 07:29 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2148 #16 · p.2148 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pbraymond wrote:
75-150 f3.5 Series E.

https://www.pbraymond.com/img/s/v-10/p3660022816-6.jpg

The light in your recent photos has been wonderful. You are certainly taking advantage of it.

Feb 21, 2024 at 08:37 AM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.2148 #17 · p.2148 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Agree with Leighton. Outstanding light captured!

pbraymond wrote:
75-150 f3.5 Series E.

https://www.pbraymond.com/img/s/v-10/p3660022816-6.jpg

Feb 21, 2024 at 08:43 AM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.2148 #18 · p.2148 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Slow and steady. Mainly slow

Fuji medium format gone with the exception of two lenses that have to go. Leaving for a short trip tomorrow afternoon so will work on moving those out next week. Along with the Zfc and 16-50 lens.

leighton w wrote:
This reminds me...how is the reorganizing of your kit going?

Feb 21, 2024 at 08:46 AM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.2148 #19 · p.2148 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Andy, I see what you mean about the green cast. But still awesome shots! Wish I could offer some advice but outside of a solar filter and the sun, I do not do a lot of night sky shots like that. I prefer sleep

cadman342001 wrote:

My SA GTi is white with
...Show more

Feb 21, 2024 at 09:32 AM
DeltaSigma
• • • •
p.2148 #20 · p.2148 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

George.

Here's a multiple choice question for you

a) Sticking with the Z8?
b) Is there a Hasselblad digital body incoming?
c) Other

GeorgeBo wrote:
Slow and steady. Mainly slow

Fuji medium format gone with the exception of two lenses that have to go. Leaving for a short trip tomorrow afternoon so will work on moving those out next week. Along with the Zfc and 16-50 lens.

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:46 PM
1       2       3              2147              2149              2222       2223       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.