Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2006      
2007
       2008              2076       2077       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

  
 
saph
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2007 #1 · p.2007 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


kwoodard wrote:
Did you see that the product shots seem to include a MF 40/2?


Kevin, the 40 has the old MF style focus ring, but I think it actually has the AF motor inside. https://imaging.nikon.com/imaging/lineup/lens/z-mount/z_40mmf2_se/



Sep 20, 2023 at 10:53 AM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #2 · p.2007 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Correct, itís a SE (Special Edition) version of the Z mount 40mm f/2. That said, if you like old Nikkors the lens has a rendering that youíd probably enjoy. Images always felt like they were taken with decent old MF glass (ie itís not perfectly corrected with edge to edge sharpness etc.)

leighton w wrote:
Kevin, I believe the 40mm is an AF lens.





Sep 20, 2023 at 10:57 AM
GeorgeBo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #3 · p.2007 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Just go look at the awesome shots that Colin does with the 40/2 on the AF thread.

AdaptedLenses wrote:
Correct, itís a SE (Special Edition) version of the Z mount 40mm f/2. That said, if you like old Nikkors the lens has a rendering that youíd probably enjoy. Images always felt like they were taken with decent old MF glass (ie itís not perfectly corrected with edge to edge sharpness etc.)






Sep 20, 2023 at 11:06 AM
GeorgeBo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #4 · p.2007 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Speaking of new bodies, has anyone done the research (I haven't had time yet to dig) to see what that B&W switch function on the Zf really does? Is is just a shortcut to a jpg rendered picture control processing or do you get an actual black and white RAW file from it. THAT would have me interested

Edit: Nevermind. That B&W is just a way to shoot JPG images rendering black and white. Nothing special other than saving you from hitting a menu item I guess

Edited on Sep 20, 2023 at 11:35 AM · View previous versions



Sep 20, 2023 at 11:09 AM
Ronny Olsson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2007 #5 · p.2007 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass



Sony ILCE-7RM2 + Nikkor 16mm fisheye f3.5 Ai by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



Sep 20, 2023 at 11:32 AM
Ronny Olsson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2007 #6 · p.2007 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass



sony-a7r-ii--nikkor-16mm-f35-ai-fisheye by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



Sep 20, 2023 at 11:34 AM
rafaelcasd
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2007 #7 · p.2007 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


milt wrote:
Laura, I could not resist! He sold for the price I was willing to pay! This is my first attempt to use this lens (pretty heavy); it was windy, and I was afraid I would drop it (I used my tripod; I could not handheld it).

500mm f4 ais

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53199402144_a6b686205a_b.jpg_DSC6205_592 by Regina, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53199936615_77bb93b812_b.jpg_DSC6229_593 by Regina, on Flickr



Congratulations on the 500mm Regina,



Sep 20, 2023 at 11:52 AM
ocean2059
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #8 · p.2007 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


GeorgeBo wrote:
Speaking of new bodies, has anyone done the research (I haven't had time yet to dig) to see what that B&W switch function on the Zf really does? Is is just a shortcut to a jpg rendered picture control processing or do you get an actual black and white RAW file from it. THAT would have me interested

Edit: Nevermind. That B&W is just a way to shoot JPG images rendering black and white. Nothing special other than saving you from hitting a menu item I guess


I am still hoping that Nikon will produce a dedicated B&W body like Leica and Pentax in the future. Nowadays, I am outputting B&W jpg files along with NEF files when I use my Z7. While these B&W jpeg files are good but they are not flexible compared to the dedicated B&W DNG files that I am used to, by a good margin.



Sep 20, 2023 at 11:53 AM
GeorgeBo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #9 · p.2007 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Agree! I have some pretty decent Nikon Picture Control black and white profiles loaded in my Df, but in the end you can only do so much with a jpg file. Seeing that dedicated B&W sub-dial setting on the Zf got me excited for a minute Back to work.

ocean2059 wrote:
I am still hoping that Nikon will produce a dedicated B&W body like Leica and Pentax in the future. Nowadays, I am outputting B&W jpg files along with NEF files when I use my Z7. While these B&W jpeg files are good but they are not flexible compared to the dedicated B&W DNG files that I am used to, by a good margin.





Sep 20, 2023 at 12:05 PM
ocean2059
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #10 · p.2007 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


GeorgeBo wrote:
Agree! I have some pretty decent Nikon Picture Control black and white profiles loaded in my Df, but in the end you can only do so much with a jpg file. Seeing that dedicated B&W sub-dial setting on the Zf got me excited for a minute Back to work.



I was excited for about a minute too this morning when I first read it.

Thank you for the tip of uploading the profiles from Nikon Picture Control. I will look into it.



Sep 20, 2023 at 12:11 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

milt
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2007 #11 · p.2007 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


rafaelcasd wrote:
Congratulations on the 500mm Regina,


Thanks Rafael.



Sep 20, 2023 at 01:42 PM
Stokesey
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #12 · p.2007 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


The big boy has been on the NAS trail again

Albeit for AF lenses

But a body was acquired too

The D3s is for sure in the Raphael class with only 5K activations, boxed and complete, amazing for it's age

The 85mm f1.4 D the same from the same source

The 200mm f4 micro is not in the same condition, but such a nice lens. So maybe I have to go the Curtis micro thread soon

BTW good to see you around again Curtis.

I have parted with a few MF lenses due to my eye problems

But these were taken with a 50mm f1.8 Ai-s pancake lens which usually stays on my F3P

Though I have parted with a few, I remain loyally Nikon through all my kit

Off to the land of Colin in a few days, a couple of bags are going too .... on MF, the other AF, let's see what transpires

Steve
Keeping the Nikon faith




Stokesey 2023


Mint Nikon D3s

  NIKON D850    50mm    f/8.0    1/60s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  





Stokesey 2023


Nikon D3s right side view

  NIKON D850    50mm    f/8.0    1/60s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  





Stokesey 2023


Nikon 85mm f1.4 D mint

  NIKON D850    50mm    f/8.0    1/60s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  





Stokesey 2023


Nikon 200mm f4 micro AF - class lens

  NIKON D850    50mm    f/8.0    1/60s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  




Sep 20, 2023 at 04:45 PM
GeorgeBo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #13 · p.2007 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


D3s is a great body and no adapters required

Congrats on the new acquisitions, post some with the new lens over on the AF thread when you can.

George


Stokesey wrote:
The big boy has been on the NAS trail again

Albeit for AF lenses

But a body was acquired too

The D3s is for sure in the Raphael class with only 5K activations, boxed and complete, amazing for it's age

The 85mm f1.4 D the same from the same source

The 200mm f4 micro is not in the same condition, but such a nice lens. So maybe I have to go the Curtis micro thread soon

BTW good to see you around again Curtis.

I have parted with a few MF lenses due to my eye problems

But these were taken with a 50mm f1.8 Ai-s pancake lens
...Show more




Sep 20, 2023 at 06:02 PM
saph
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2007 #14 · p.2007 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Sweet! Much better looking 85 1.4 than mine. Keep that Nikon faith going Steve.

Stokesey wrote:
The big boy has been on the NAS trail again

Albeit for AF lenses

But a body was acquired too

The D3s is for sure in the Raphael class with only 5K activations, boxed and complete, amazing for it's age

The 85mm f1.4 D the same from the same source

The 200mm f4 micro is not in the same condition, but such a nice lens. So maybe I have to go the Curtis micro thread soon

BTW good to see you around again Curtis.

I have parted with a few MF lenses due to my eye problems

But these were taken with a 50mm f1.8 Ai-s pancake lens
...Show more



Sep 20, 2023 at 06:45 PM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #15 · p.2007 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I was hoping for more from B&W too. Though they also apparently have a couple B&W modes but not sure what they really accomplish. Only upside of you use Adobe is that they will import the profile, so it would come into ACR/LR as a B&W.

GeorgeBo wrote:
Speaking of new bodies, has anyone done the research (I haven't had time yet to dig) to see what that B&W switch function on the Zf really does? Is is just a shortcut to a jpg rendered picture control processing or do you get an actual black and white RAW file from it. THAT would have me interested

Edit: Nevermind. That B&W is just a way to shoot JPG images rendering black and white. Nothing special other than saving you from hitting a menu item I guess



Edited on Sep 20, 2023 at 06:54 PM · View previous versions



Sep 20, 2023 at 06:51 PM
saph
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2007 #16 · p.2007 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I like the Zf colour choices. George I just spied the B&W option. Do we know if it's RAW by any chance? Edit: just saw the later comment about jpg.


Sep 20, 2023 at 06:54 PM
pbraymond
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #17 · p.2007 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Steve, congrats on the new kit. Look forward to seeing you contributions from the D3 here and the "AF for NMFG" shooter's thread.

Can't wait for Leighton's review of the Zf. Perhaps that will make you bulk up again on your NMFG collection a little. We anxiously await your review of your preorder with the Leighton lens.

That Zf does look great! Where's my matching FTZiii? Not asking for much, only communication of shooting aperture to the file, I am OK with stop down metering.


Couple more bug shots with the 50-135.
I think this one is a Robber Fly.






This next one is where I had to do some homework, and figured out the difference between a dragonfly and a damselfly.







Sep 20, 2023 at 06:58 PM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2007 #18 · p.2007 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass




Ronny Olsson wrote:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49229400341_343dfa9d89_k.jpg
sony-a7r-ii--nikkor-16mm-f35-ai-fisheye by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

This is an amazing capture. Iíd hang that on my wall.



Sep 20, 2023 at 07:15 PM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #19 · p.2007 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


We might actually not know yet all that it does. Any reviews now are pre-production and IIRC the shooters are limited to JPEG only. So they might do something fancy with RAW, and again Adobe will import the B&W RAW though itís still a color RAW with B&W profile applied, but still nicer than all your B&W turning back to color, and better than picture control which is jpeg and doesnít import.

saph wrote:
I like the Zf colour choices. George I just spied the B&W option. Do we know if it's RAW by any chance? Edit: just saw the later comment about jpg.




Sep 20, 2023 at 09:13 PM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2007 #20 · p.2007 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


From the 70's These are now the Charles River Condos, from what I can gather, right near the Museum of Science.

milt wrote:
Laura, I was on the bicycle path (Storrow Drive side) across Boston Univeristy. I tried to set up my tripod in the footbridge, but it was too windy. I do not know about the sign, but I was looking towards Memorial Drive. You are correct.










Sep 21, 2023 at 02:15 AM
1       2       3              2006      
2007
       2008              2076       2077       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2006      
2007
       2008              2076       2077       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.