FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1704      
       1706              2170       2171       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GroWeb
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1705 #1 · p.1705 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks all for the warm response to my return! As much as this thread may shift and change in various ways, it's warmth and friendliness remain unaltered.

Here is another set of images from our little cruise, all of which were shot with the 105 f/1.8 ai-s on my XT-2, and processed through Lightroom Classic and Nik Color Efex. They show various water activities that were underway, including recreational salmon fishing in the first shot, a commercial fishing boat in the second shot, and a kite surfer in the third photo who apparently couldn't resist the passing audience.

105 f/1.8 ai-s

105 f/1.8 ai-s

105 f/1.8 ai-s

Aug 18, 2022 at 02:08 PM
Ken Hill
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1705 #2 · p.1705 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

James,

Robin and I are on the Annual trip to the Michigans UP and you have our deepest sympathy.

Aug 18, 2022 at 06:40 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.1705 #3 · p.1705 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rafael,
Even your Nikon bubble cases are in great shape. I use to have hard cases with foam, but the foam began to break down and turn into powder. Then I moved onto large roller cases that had stiff cloth covered dividers - and I am still there. I have each lens in a draw string neoprene bag, but there are at least half a dozen out at all times. I do have a pancake compressor next to my light table, but my environment is so dusty compared to the commercial space I had before. Use to have an air filter somewhere around here....
Jim

rafaelcasd wrote:
James, the answer to dust is simple, canned air and storage in Pelican cases or those Nikon plastic bubbles the lenses used to come in.

Every time I use a sharp micro to photograph gear I see Junk that was not apparent to the naked eye! . I will have to use my binocular microscope to clean gear now!

https://live.staticflickr.com/5560/15003194572_ae8e8776e5_c.jpgnikon nikkor 5.8cm 1.4S first version nippon kogaku by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/8325/29101163631_85acfa3205_b.jpgnikon nikkor pelican case full of lenses by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Aug 18, 2022 at 08:39 PM
serge07
• • •
p.1705 #4 · p.1705 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi, everyone:

Glen, good to see you and excellent captures from a beautiful area. The wind surfing photograph is killer.

Samy, terrific photograph from Traverse, awesome place.

I was told that this is a famous sailboat and after some reading, it certainly has an interesting history. The ca 1979 all aluminum racing yacht was christened "Maiden" by the Duchess of York in 1988. It was the first boat to win international competition with an all ladies crew.

For those not familiar, the mighty Hudson and New Jersey in the background.

Fuji S5 + 16/3.5 Ai
Serge

Aug 19, 2022 at 08:31 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1705 #5 · p.1705 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Red cow in the morning...

DSCF6961 by Tom Womack, on Flickr

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:25 AM
rafaelcasd
• • • • •
p.1705 #6 · p.1705 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

James, I have pelican cases from 1988 through the present, the foam in those generated minimal debris and does not disintegrate into dust. The cases do not travel, so there is no mechanical wear on the foam. I do vacuum the foam before first use and occasionally after that, have found a couple of foam pieces that do shed, those I trash.

My very first Pelican case with lenses in it since 1988 has remained clean with the occasional blowout and vacuum.

I will consider a bag holding the lens inside the case, could be as simple as a Ziploc, but not sure it creates haze. There are long term storage Ziplocs

Best storage are those Nikon plastic bubbles, but they only come in a few sizes.

James Markus wrote:
Rafael,
Even your Nikon bubble cases are in great shape. I use to have hard cases with foam, but the foam began to break down and turn into powder. Then I moved onto large roller cases that had stiff cloth covered dividers - and I am still there. I have each lens in a draw string neoprene bag, but there are at least half a dozen out at all times. I do have a pancake compressor next to my light table, but my environment is so dusty compared to the commercial space I had before. Use to have an
...Show more

Aug 19, 2022 at 12:37 PM
GroWeb
• • •
p.1705 #7 · p.1705 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hey Leighton; when there is a red cow in the morning, do beef and dairy farmers take warning?

Here is today's installment of milk-run/cruise photos. These are all monochromes, courtesy of Silver Efex. For the first shot, showing our illustrious captain, the Fuji XT-2 hosted the 16 f/3.5 ai fisheye, followed in the second photo by the 180 f/2.8 ED ai-s, showing a gentlemen in a very small boat driving a very small barge loaded with bags of "aggregate" that our ship had delivered for a construction project. In the third and fourth images, the 105 f/1.8 ai-s brings you some of the seaside landscape.

16mm f/3.5 ai fisheye

180mm f/2.8 ED ai-s

105mm f/1.8 ai-s

105mm f/1.8 ai-s

Aug 19, 2022 at 02:36 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1705 #8 · p.1705 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GroWeb wrote:
Hey Leighton; when there is a red cow in the morning, do beef and dairy farmers take warning?

You guessed it!

Glen, what is a milk-run/cruise?

Aug 19, 2022 at 03:04 PM
GroWeb
• • •
p.1705 #9 · p.1705 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

"Milk-run/cruise" is my invented term for the delivery run that paid for itself by doubling as a sightseeing cruise for us tourists. Our captain was kind enough to point out a number of interesting sights along the way, such as eagles nesting in a tree, an experimental kelp farm, an oyster farm, etc. Following our lunch stop at Bamfield, we waited to board as the crew loaded a couple of dumpsters, and the captain expressed his ever-present sense of humour as he not-so-ironically pointed out "garbage before passengers."

Aug 19, 2022 at 03:18 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.1705 #10 · p.1705 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well, that's the difference. My gear traveled with me for decades, and in some very dirty environments. Roller cases that converted to back packs with built-in rain fly were practical to protect the gear. Love your pristine collection though - now that I am less mobile maybe I can clean up my act.

rafaelcasd wrote:
James, I have pelican cases from 1988 through the present, the foam in those generated minimal debris and does not disintegrate into dust. The cases do not travel, so there is no mechanical wear on the foam. I do vacuum the foam before first use and occasionally after that, have found a couple of foam pieces that do shed, those I trash.

My very first Pelican case with lenses in it since 1988 has remained clean with the occasional blowout and vacuum.

I will consider a bag holding the lens inside the case, could be as simple as a Ziploc, but not
...Show more

Aug 19, 2022 at 08:01 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cadman342001
• • • • •
p.1705 #11 · p.1705 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Good to see you back Glen.

Nice Panos Samy, can you show a pic of the exotic sounding rig?

Love the last shot George, I never seem to get those symmetrical!

I have had covid again ! But managed to get out to Curtis Falls with the recently arrived P.C. 28/3.5 on the gfx. Very harsh sun extreme dynamic range, had to bracket for highlights and shadows but hey at least I got out of the house. Felt rather crook after though.

_DSF9883-HDR-Edit by Andy Macdougall, on Flickr

Andy

Aug 20, 2022 at 04:16 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1705 #12 · p.1705 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001 wrote:

I have had covid again ! But managed to get out to Curtis Falls with the recently arrived P.C. 28/3.5 on the gfx. Very harsh sun extreme dynamic range, had to bracket for highlights and shadows but hey at least I got out of the house. Felt rather crook after though.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52298067616_f9ba3183e5_h.jpg_DSF9883-HDR-Edit by Andy Macdougall, on Flickr

Andy

Beautiful Andy. Hope you get well soon. Again!

Aug 20, 2022 at 05:28 AM
mp356
• • • • •
p.1705 #13 · p.1705 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Storms Brewing. Not sure which I like better. Taken with the 55 f3.5 Ai'd. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Aug 20, 2022 at 08:45 AM
saph
• • • • •
p.1705 #14 · p.1705 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Andy, wish you good health!

I have some gear photos pending, hadn't thought of the Tomiyama, will post in the next week or so.

cadman342001 wrote:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52298067616_f9ba3183e5_h.jpg_DSF9883-HDR-Edit by Andy Macdougall, on Flickr

Andy

Aug 20, 2022 at 09:03 AM
saph
• • • • •
p.1705 #15 · p.1705 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Storms Brewing. Not sure which I like better. Taken with the 55 f3.5 Ai'd. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Scene with drama Scott! I like the drama more in the second image, but I like the colours in the first one too.

Aug 20, 2022 at 09:04 AM
SiMuMe
• • • •
p.1705 #16 · p.1705 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Andy and George, you are killing it with the Fuji MFs. Lovely colours and depth to the images. though George achieves the same even with a pin hole lens haha.

Scott, the colour image is my preference. Perhaps the size doesn't do the black and white one justice.

Serge, I let a S5 Pro slip recently. I snoozed and lost. Still kicking myself. Lovely image.

Aug 20, 2022 at 09:50 AM
serge07
• • •
p.1705 #17 · p.1705 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

SiMuMe wrote:
Andy and George, you are killing it with the Fuji MFs. Lovely colours and depth to the images. though George achieves the same even with a pin hole lens haha.

Scott, the colour image is my preference. Perhaps the size doesn't do the black and white one justice.

Serge, I let a S5 Pro slip recently. I snoozed and lost. Still kicking myself. Lovely image.

Thanks you, Siphiwe.

Keep hunting for the colorful S5, it is a very different picture taker and takes practice to get the best out of it. The super CCD sensor behaves nothing like a CMOS. I think you will enjoy the beast plus has excellent build and controls.

Serge

Aug 20, 2022 at 10:00 AM
serge07
• • •
p.1705 #18 · p.1705 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Andy, terrific waterfall capture.

Scott, I tilt towards the color version but both are very nice mages.

These are from last Saturday.The new look of the Brooklyn Bridge after the Mr Clean treatment.

It was a fantastic day and the crowds were out big time.

Would have liked to have stepped back further to minimize the "fish" effect but there were just too many folks running around.

Fuji S5+16/3.5 Ai
Serge

Aug 20, 2022 at 10:09 AM
rafaelcasd
• • • • •
p.1705 #19 · p.1705 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This beauty fell on my lap yesterday on the bay, claimed to be perfect glass and the seller takes returs.

Nikkor 28mm 3.5 S mount "EP" with original case and caps. Good ebay photos.

nikkor 28mm 3.5 rangefinder s-mount 1 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

nikkor 28mm 3.5 rangefinder s-mount 7 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

nikkor 28mm 3.5 rangefinder s-mount 2 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:22 PM
mp356
• • • • •
p.1705 #20 · p.1705 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

serge07 wrote:
Andy, terrific waterfall capture.

Scott, I tilt towards the color version but both are very nice mages.

These are from last Saturday.The new look of the Brooklyn Bridge after the Mr Clean treatment.

It was a fantastic day and the crowds were out big time.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52298582356_efe09a4b4d_h.jpg
Would have liked to have stepped back further to minimize the "fish" effect but there were just too many folks running around.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52298582316_75f5fb97c9_h.jpg
Fuji S5+16/3.5 Ai
Serge

Serge, nice takes of the bridge. That stonework looks like new!

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:30 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.