end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

serge07
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2154 #1 · p.2154 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

James Markus wrote:
Serge,
With all the people in the photos it gives me a reference for scale I had never appreciated before. Naval battles in the Colosseum
would work, but the floor must have been close to leak proof. Is there an aqueduct nearby? Thanks for sharing.
Jim

James, I did not notice an aqueduct in the vicinity. The Colosseum seems to have used a system of water input channels to flood the arena's floor for naval battles and they were linked to the aqueducts. A large drain pipe was discovered recently which would explain how the Romans managed to drain the arena in short order.

Glad to contribute.

Serge

Feb 28, 2024 at 07:46 AM
DeltaSigma
• • • •
p.2154 #2 · p.2154 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GeorgeBo wrote:
Alright, I now have somewhat of a workflow for the new camera profiles in Z8. One of the things I wanted to do this past weekend was see how well the Deep Tone Monochrome camera profile from the latest firmware update of the Z8 worked. Specifically with my old 2.5cm rangefinder lens. Lightroom does not have the camera profiles updated from the 2.0 firmware update.

For the image below I opened the NEF in Nikon NX Studio and passed a TIFF with the Deep Monochrome profile applied to Photoshop. Applied the border to the image with very slight exposure/gamma adjustments and
...Show more

George,

That deep tone mono profile looks great in your hands.
Can you reveal any plans for mating up the Hassy to Nikkors?
If you still have the Cambo-Actus can the mechanical interfaces be modified/tweaked cost effectively from your previous Fuji setup?

Colin

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:15 PM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2154 #3 · p.2154 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hey Colin,

Yes, many plans for Nikkor on the Hassy with realistic expectations of course. The 907x body that mates to the digital back is a standard Hasselblad XCD mount so easy to adapt F mount and even rangefinder lenses adapted with Leica M adapter. But of course there are the limitations of the image circle with respect to the larger sensor of the Hassy. If you crop in body to 1x1 then you overcome a lot of that. And most of the fast (f/1.8 and faster) Nikkor lenses 50mm and longer cover the sensor pretty well. But like I said earlier, set your expectations with regards to corner coverage and quality.

You are also limited to using the electronic shutter of the digital back. Not an issue with landscape, product photography etc. but for anything moving in the frame you risk rolling shutter effect.

No issues using the Nikkor large format lenses on the Cambo Actus. The large format lenses have Copal shutters and you can sync the shutter via sync cord to the digital back.

For Nikkor medium format lenses for Bronica, I actually made a lens mount for the Cambo Actus with a donor mount, hole saw and epoxy so I can use those as well. With limitations of electronic shutter since the Nikkor/Bronica lenses do not have leaf shutters.

Due to the flange focal distances it is not possible to use the Fuji lenses.

DeltaSigma wrote:
George,

That deep tone mono profile looks great in your hands.
Can you reveal any plans for mating up the Hassy to Nikkors?
If you still have the Cambo-Actus can the mechanical interfaces be modified/tweaked cost effectively from your previous Fuji setup?

Colin

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:40 PM
pbraymond
• • • •
p.2154 #4 · p.2154 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nothing too exciting but since it's relatively slow, a 35mm f2.0 stitched pano.

Feb 28, 2024 at 07:57 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

GroWeb
• • •
p.2154 #5 · p.2154 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

AdaptedLenses wrote:
First one is phenomenal!

GeorgeBo wrote:
Glen, I love that first one. All good but wish I was there in that first shot!

spoupard wrote:
Glen, I have to agree with the others. These are all good, but the first one really stands out. It makes me want to take a ride down that road and see where it goes.

James Markus wrote:
Glen,
The mist separating the foreground from the background adds so much depth to all three of these. As others have said - the first one really stands out. Perhaps it was a telephoto that crunches the DOF, but on a photo with such obvious depth - it creates a tension of the high background almost hanging over the viewer. I love it.
Jim

Thank you for your kind words, gentlemen. They mean a lot, coming from such distinguished company!

Here are a few more images from the air museum outside Winnipeg, taken with the Fuji X-E2 and miscellaneous MFNG.

I forget now: was that flying saucer in the first shot manufactured, or captured? Do any of you military types know anything about this?

Feb 28, 2024 at 08:55 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2154 #6 · p.2154 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Did a bunch of grunt work the last few days. Darkroom sink & faucet are re-plumbed , organizing, and almost 20 scripts written in Photoshop since last night. Drifted into infrared toning scripts, because I used to print on a gold paper back in the olden days. I think the company that made it was named Luminous. Since I have been spending so much time getting the darkroom usable again - it reminded me of all the ways photographers use to add color to black and white prints to make them special. Selenium, sepia, platinum toning, and hand tinting, and the most laborious chore was retouching prints with itty-bitty brushes and a bunch toning dyes. (I do not miss that)

Here are six infrared toning actions with a "Lite" version of each. Strayed into tritones on the "Brown" tones, but duotones, and quadtones will have to wait for another day. Photoshop is an amazing tool. Shot with the Nikkor 16mm f3.5 ai fisheye in mid December.

Feb 28, 2024 at 11:04 PM
mp356
• • • • •
p.2154 #7 · p.2154 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Old feed mill with 35-105 Ais at f5.6. The edges and corners are soft but the center is sharp. Things did improve at f8 and f11. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Feb 29, 2024 at 10:19 AM
1       2       3              2153      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2153      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.