Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GeorgeBo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1741 #1 · p.1741 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Was just getting ready to send you a PM to see if you still had camera gear

saph wrote:
Lower 9th ward, New Orleans. Z6 and PC-Nikkor 28 3.5

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52406492128_8e4fa654d9_b.jpgDSC_5372p by Maryland Photos, on Flickr

Oct 05, 2022 at 09:31 AM
HCE HCE
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1741 #2 · p.1741 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the comments and likes!

D810 24mm PC-E and 55mm f/1.2 AI

-Jay- HCE HCE 2022

Sea of Flowers

-Jay- HCE HCE 2022

Walkway

-Jay- HCE HCE 2022

Cones

-Jay- HCE HCE 2022

Isolated

Oct 05, 2022 at 09:58 AM
saph
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1741 #3 · p.1741 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GeorgeBo wrote:
Was just getting ready to send you a PM to see if you still had camera gear

Yes George It's just been a bit hectic.

Oct 05, 2022 at 11:15 AM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.1741 #4 · p.1741 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jay, That is a particularly excellent set. The first reminds me of the Shady Rest Motel from Petticoat Junction. Almost expect Billie Jo, Bobbie Jo, and Betty Jo to pop out of the water tank on the tower.
The flowers are all gorgeous.
Jim

HCE HCE wrote:
Thanks for the comments and likes!

D810 24mm PC-E and 55mm f/1.2 AI

Oct 05, 2022 at 03:55 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.1741 #5 · p.1741 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I was troubled by the difference in contrast in my millenium vs F 50mm 1.4 comparison for the far landscape photo. Suspected a selective cloud or something else.

Repeated the test today, lenses are focused on the center of the image at 1.4. threw a 55mm 1.2 at 1.4 in there as well, with old coatings too.

Also tested with heavy overcast, no sun and the lenses are more alike in those conditions, did not upload those.

Lenses have filters and shades, which were not on yesterday. These tests are fun although rather useless.

Lens name in the file, 100% in Flickr, and there is where you see the differences. The 55mm is a little better that the F 50mm, and the Millenium is much better at contrast and lack of haze.

A bit of trivia is that the 55mm 1.2 (at 1.4) and the Millennium 1.4 exposed at 1/6400, the F 50mm 1.4 at 1/5000 for identical histograms. The F 50mm has lower transmission.

IF you consider that the F 50mm is $75, the 55mm 1.2 is $225, and the Millennium cannot be found for less that a grand with no camera or $1,500 with the matching S3 >> the winner is the F 50mm at $75!!!

Full sun as the shadows attest.

Nikkor Millennium 50mm 1.4 Z6 test at 1.4 01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Nikkor F 55mm 1.2 Z6 test at 1.4 01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Nikkor F 50mm 1.4 S Z6 test at 1.4 01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Edited on Oct 05, 2022 at 07:31 PM · View previous versions

Oct 05, 2022 at 07:15 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.1741 #6 · p.1741 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oh..........By the way.......... This fell in my lap.
No-one else in this thread will want this lens but I have lusted for it, bought it before and returned it. Hope this is a keeper, coming from Japan.

I would not spend $3K on a Noct, but I did on the OP. Will have to sell the 80-200mm 2.8 ais and something else, any interest PM me.

nikkon 10mm op 1 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

nikkor nikon 10mm op 2 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

nikkor nikon 10mm op 3 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Oct 05, 2022 at 07:27 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.1741 #7 · p.1741 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

B&H has an OP listed:

Nikon OP Fisheye 10mm f/5.6 Non-AI Lens with DF-1 Viewfinder

Used
Condition: 8+ Moderate wear
Shows moderate wear, scuffing or marks to finish
Note: v-fndr(very rare)slt dust lens
In Stock
Print
$34,999.90

So I guess I did good at 3k. 600 OP were made so my rarest lens remains the 70mm 1:5 micro with only 400 made.

There were two other OPs on eBay. A trashed one for $1200 and a good one for $4000, the one I bought was the best. Almost perfect according to the listing.

he OP Fisheye 10mm f/5.6 Non-AI Lens is a highly specialized lens that offers unique orthographic projection (OP) characteristics producing a 180 degree circular image . When looking as the image it is is larger in the center and gradually becomes more compressed toward the periphery than the images produced by other Fisheye-Nikkors. To meet the exacting OP requirements, this lens has a aspherical front element This projection formula provides a special configuration through which the luminance of a place is measured. When the light source is photographed with the OP Fisheye-Nikkor, the proportion of the image area of the light source to the total area represents the luminance or brightness of the place. This proportion is called the "configuration factor" or "sky factor" when the light source is the sky. This feature is effectively applied to architectural design, civic improvement, street lighting, fire safety studies and other specialized applications.
The Nikon 10mm f/5.6 OP Fisheye lens has a larger central image than other fisheye lenses, and the image at the periphery is smaller.
When compared to ordinary photographic lenses, the distortion is even greater than with conventional fisheyes. With orthographic projection lenses, the area occupied by the plane source in the image is proportional to its brightness at the object.

Oct 05, 2022 at 07:57 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.1741 #8 · p.1741 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rafael,
Wow! I have a name suggestion for your new lens...the "OP 10,000" - since "HAL 9000" is spoken for by the Nikkor 8mm f8 in Arthur C Clarke's "2001 A Space Odyssey". Congratulations on your beautiful new lens.
Jim

rafaelcasd wrote:
No-one else in this thread will want this lens but I have lusted for it, bought it before and returned it. Hope this is a keeper, coming from Japan.

I would not spend $3K on a Noct, but I did on the OP. Will have to sell the 80-200mm 2.8 ais and something else, any interest PM me.

Oct 05, 2022 at 09:57 PM
SiMuMe
• • •
p.1741 #9 · p.1741 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
OK, so George asked, every time I test a lens I end up questioning my method, so hard to get the exact same focus, the same light from the sky, the same composition even.

But I am a sucker for this. These two lenses should be compared with a good looking human portrait, none were around today, wait for the weekend.

50mm 1.4 F not MC, the one dead center here, on FTZ to Z6

This was a very revealing test, Rafael. Thank you for sharing it.

Oct 05, 2022 at 11:29 PM
SiMuMe
• • •
p.1741 #10 · p.1741 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:

First picture reminds me, Irohas used to have some of the cleanest Nikons on my eBay until one day they all disappeared. Everything other brand except Nikon. I enquired what happened but they said nothing's changed on their side. I had to move on. I just went there again now after years, still the same. Clearly something did because if I change "Ship to" to US or UK, all the fine Nikons display. It cannot be that they decided Nikons cannot be shipped to SA. Maybe I must engage again. Still some good stuff there.

Oct 05, 2022 at 11:53 PM
1       2       3              1740      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1740      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password