Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2009 · Your job is important

Lance Lee
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Your job is important

These kind of things are hard to get your mind around. Several years ago I had a groom who died one month after his own wedding, at a wedding reception no less. Got up to get a drink and died walking back to his table. I can still remember the brides call, wanting some 8x10's of him to put on his casket. I think about that all the time, I think I'm still trying to make sense of it.

Dec 03, 2009 at 02:22 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Your job is important

I have had 3 people that I know of pass away just after a photo shoot. 2 were family photo sessions. One child from a accident and another the mother from illness. The third was a wedding that the Grandmother passed away about 2 weeks later.
The photos meant a lot.

Dec 03, 2009 at 06:36 PM
MarcyJillGood
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Your job is important

These are such touching stories. Those of you who shoot weddings professionally will never know the opportunities you have to create memories.

My father refused to get familiy portraits made. We have one portrait that was made when he and my mother got married, but throughout our lives, we only had snapshots of the family, and rarely was he in them. However, when my youngest brother got married, my father somehow agreed to be in a few of the photos, and the photographer got one shot of just my parents. That is the only (and I mean ONLY) other picture we have of my parents together. It is also the only capture we have that looks the way they did when we grew up (obviously, we never personally saw them at the age of their wedding portrait).

Weddings are one of the few times some families gather, and unlike funerals, it is a happy time. Take tons of pictures of those families, please. As everyone here has pointed out, those moments are all too fleeting.

Marcy

Dec 04, 2009 at 01:32 AM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Your job is important

twice now Ive shot wedding when a significant family member has passed, quickly afterwards. A grandmother and a mother.

Dec 06, 2009 at 06:15 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.