New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       5       end

Archive 2009 · 7D High ISO Samples

WestFalcon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 7D High ISO Samples

Conrad......I don't need a camera at this point but your shots are really more than acceptable to my tastes. Looks like the 7D is a winner at this point. Thanks for your efforts to show the rest of us. People like you make FM a great site.....Brian

Edited on Oct 01, 2009 at 07:38 AM · View previous versions

Oct 01, 2009 at 07:38 AM
digitalbug30d
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 7D High ISO Samples

cameron12x wrote:
True. In many ways it is marginally better than the 50D at high ISO, but that's not the point of the camera. However, in terms of "pattern noise," it's orders of magnitude better than the 50D. But you seemingly don't understand what pattern noise is. I don't believe that you'll ever "get it."

If you follow the forums here and at MOST of the VIDEO forums around the world, this camera is rolling off the shelves as quickly as Canon can ship them. Can you tell us why SO many people are buying the 7D? What is your response to
...Show more
troll

Oct 01, 2009 at 07:38 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 7D High ISO Samples

Conrad, those are excellent heron portraits. Good man.

Oct 01, 2009 at 08:26 AM
Jayem1
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 7D High ISO Samples

They look pretty awesome. Thank for posting them, Conrad.

Oct 01, 2009 at 08:27 AM
Emile Gregoire
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 7D High ISO Samples

Pretty impressive high ISO images! Congrats on the new camera & keep posting!

Oct 01, 2009 at 08:53 AM
tank137
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 7D High ISO Samples

These look pretty good to me. Much better than the 50d. ISO over 800 on the 50 and you were in trouble. Still waiting to see more but I like what I see so far.

David

Oct 01, 2009 at 09:23 AM
michael49
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 7D High ISO Samples

Conrad Tan wrote:
Before everyone starts the comments on how noisy it is, I don't believe anyone who really wants to take a wall-hanger will bother with ISO 3200 or much less ISO 6400 (settings I never use personally). As these images show, the 7D does not produce as clean an image as a 5D mkII at the same settings. But this amount of noise can be removed with acceptable results if the photo is indeed that spectacular that it warrants all that work.

Honestly, I love the camera. It does what its supposed to do in terms of AF and shutter
...Show more

1. Its so refreshing to see someone buy a camera understanding what its intended use will be and its inherent limitations and judging it accordingly.

2. Those samples are simply awesome IMO, especially for a 1.6X crop camera with such a high pixel density.

3. Thanks for posting these.

Oct 01, 2009 at 10:12 AM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · 7D High ISO Samples

I'm now hoping I get one in time to go to CA next week, I'm on a list at a local dealer.

Oct 01, 2009 at 10:14 AM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · 7D High ISO Samples

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It was my pleasure to give back to the forum that's given me so much!

Oct 01, 2009 at 10:29 AM
kirry007
• • •
[X]
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · 7D High ISO Samples

1. Its so refreshing to see someone buy a camera understanding what its intended use will be and its inherent limitations and judging it accordingly.

2. Those samples are simply awesome IMO, especially for a 1.6X crop camera with such a high pixel density.

3. Thanks for posting these.

I agree to all of the above. Good work, Conrad, keep sharing, do post some at ISO 800 and, if possible, 1600....that's a realistic ISO in my daily usage.

Oct 01, 2009 at 11:14 AM
brainiac
[X]
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · 7D High ISO Samples

Thanks a lot Conrad. 7D looks like a winner. The very even and random chroma noise cleans up beautifully in NN - thanks for showing us that too. It seems to me that this camera challenges the 5D2 and D700 in various ways. Enjoy it!

Oct 01, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Mort2k
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · 7D High ISO Samples

Conrad Tan wrote:
Thanks for the kind words everyone! It was my pleasure to give back to the forum that's given me so much!

I on the other had have decided to not like you Conrad ....

I was hoping your 7D shots would be terrible and then i would not want one, now all i can do is try and resist buying what looks like a fantastic camera, damn you sir !

now on a serious note

Great shots and i hope we will continue to see many more over on the NW board

Oh - and i hope work did not mind your extended lunch

Edited on Oct 01, 2009 at 12:38 PM · View previous versions

Oct 01, 2009 at 12:26 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · 7D High ISO Samples

Conrad Tan wrote:

No problem, Conrad, you've been a remarkably quick study, even keener than The Zoomer, which says a lot.

Oct 01, 2009 at 12:32 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · 7D High ISO Samples

Mort2k wrote:
I on the other had have decided to not like you Conrad ....

I was hoping your 7D shots would be terrible and then i would not want one, now all i can do is try and resist buying what looks like a fantastic camera, damn you sir !

now on a serious note

Great shots and i hope we will continue to see many more over on the NW board

Oh - and i hope work did not mind you extended lunch

I'm sorry to have made you not like me with my photos. . Now in the words of the Borg - Resistance is futile. You WILL be assimilated.

Oct 01, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Mort2k
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · 7D High ISO Samples

Conrad Tan wrote:
I'm sorry to have made you not like me with my photos. . Now in the words of the Borg - Resistance is futile. You WILL be assimilated.

You may be correct resistance my be futile. Keep shooting and posting so we can all contiune enjoying

Oct 01, 2009 at 12:52 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · 7D High ISO Samples

PetKal wrote:
No problem, Conrad, you've been a remarkably quick study, even keener than The Zoomer, which says a lot.

Well its easy to learn when instruction comes from patient folk like youself my friend! You were instrumental to my early development Peter so a special thanks to you sir!

Oct 01, 2009 at 12:58 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · 7D High ISO Samples

Conrad Tan wrote:
Well its easy to learn when instruction comes from patient folk like youself my friend! You were instrumental to my early development Peter so a special thanks to you sir!

He he, but the JPG vs. RAW message hasn't quite stuck.

Oct 01, 2009 at 01:10 PM
RGS65
• • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · 7D High ISO Samples

Thank you for the samples

Oct 01, 2009 at 01:15 PM
paulfeng
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · 7D High ISO Samples

I may be slow on the uptake here, but it appears that "canonical" was zapped by (Benevolent) Big Brother. Or did I hit the "hide me" button without knowing it, in which case, how does one undo that (but why would I want to, you ask...)?

P.S. Conrad, great examples, I'm excited to get my 7.

Oct 01, 2009 at 01:15 PM
Bas Breetveld

p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · 7D High ISO Samples

kirry007 wrote:
I agree to all of the above. Good work, Conrad, keep sharing, do post some at ISO 800 and, if possible, 1600....that's a realistic ISO in my daily usage.

+1 And many thanks for the good work so far.

Oct 01, 2009 at 01:16 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.