WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2008 · # 291 Chaconne

Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · # 291 Chaconne

A Semi-Cubist interpretation of my Strad and the famed Chaconne in D Mnor by Bach.

Apr 20, 2008 at 02:21 AM
mark nicoll
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · # 291 Chaconne

Oh WOW
This is a stunning image. It may be photoshop but its the best use ive seen for a long time. Congratulations as even if i did get through to the finals i would have to vote for this.
Well done
Mark

Apr 20, 2008 at 04:37 AM
PeterBlackwood
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · # 291 Chaconne

Endre....you could do very well if your only career was imaging the strad.....

This is a fantastic photograph. You might consider using it for performance posters in the future. GREAT color!
just stunning
Peter

Apr 20, 2008 at 08:24 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · # 291 Chaconne

Love it. Great use of PS. I need to learn this sometime....

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 20, 2008 at 08:27 AM
jamesf99
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · # 291 Chaconne

That's a great image! Good luck.

Apr 20, 2008 at 09:52 AM
Hightraxx
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · # 291 Chaconne

Strad, this definitley would make for a beautiful Poster, very well done. I have to make a tiny comment even though your photo is fine, it size is one Pixel off should be 640 instead of 639. Lol

Norm

Apr 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · # 291 Chaconne

You are way too kind, Mark! But i certainly appreciate your comments!

All best wishes,

Endre

mark nicoll wrote:
Oh WOW
This is a stunning image. It may be photoshop but its the best use ive seen for a long time. Congratulations as even if i did get through to the finals i would have to vote for this.
Well done
Mark

Apr 20, 2008 at 11:32 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · # 291 Chaconne

Hi Endre,

Wow. Absolutely gorgeous and a great cubist take. I love how the notes curl and reach up just like the music itself. I simply love it. Good luck this week.

Steve S.

Apr 20, 2008 at 11:42 AM
suse
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · # 291 Chaconne

Lovely image, Strad. I agree it would make a fabulous concert poster. I hear that the violinist Nigel Kennedy has just brought out an album of Mozart and has 'added/interpreted' a bit of jazz to it in parts... for some reason this made me think of that...

I guess you're in need of a new delivery of the rubbish pills.

Apr 20, 2008 at 11:47 AM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · # 291 Chaconne

Works for me buddy!!! Great presentation Endre

Apr 20, 2008 at 12:17 PM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · # 291 Chaconne

I echo what several people have already said that this would make a great concert poster. I never tire of seeing your Strad but this is easily the best yet.

Adam

Apr 20, 2008 at 12:57 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · # 291 Chaconne

Thank yoiu so much, Peter, my friend! i always appreciate your kind words. I certainly wouldn't mind suplementing my career with photos of my Strad but so far, sales haven't been what one might call "brisk". Lately, I've been very fortunatel in capturing the color of the Strad just perfectly. On my monitor, at least, the color is absolutely spot on with the real thing so you do get a good idea of what it looks like. I hadn't thought of this as a poster for a concert but it's a great idea.

Fond regards,

Endre

PeterBlackwood wrote:
Endre....you could do very well if your only career was imaging the strad.....

This is a fantastic photograph. You might consider using it for performance posters in the future. GREAT color!
just stunning
Peter

Edited by Strad on Apr 20, 2008 at 11:21 AM GMT

Edited on Apr 20, 2008 at 02:21 PM

Apr 20, 2008 at 02:05 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · # 291 Chaconne

Thank you, Yakim. I'm so glad you like it! There really wasn't that much to it other than shooting the photos, cutting out the parts, and then using various gradients and transform tools to put everything in place. It's always fun to have an excuse to mess around with PS.

All best wishes,

Endre

Yakim Peled wrote:
Love it. Great use of PS. I need to learn this sometime....

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 20, 2008 at 02:09 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · # 291 Chaconne

Thanks, James.

All the best,

Endre

jamesf99 wrote:
That's a great image! Good luck.

Apr 20, 2008 at 02:10 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · # 291 Chaconne

Thanks, Norm. I'm glad you like it. That "one pixel off" thing has been pointed out before to me. I use Fred's WA Pro plugin to resize all my shots for upload. i always put in 640 on the long side and it always comes out 639. If my photo gets disqualified on account of Fred's software being inaccurate, then I'll have to take the matter up with him.

I hope you are recovering swiftly and are feeling better moment by moment!

All the best,

Endre

Hightraxx wrote:
Strad, this definitley would make for a beautiful Poster, very well done. I have to make a tiny comment even though your photo is fine, it size is one Pixel off should be 640 instead of 639. Lol

Norm

Edited on Apr 20, 2008 at 02:17 PM

Apr 20, 2008 at 02:14 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · # 291 Chaconne

Thanks, Steve! I really appreciate your kind comments. I've never done anythingh vaguely Cubist before so I'm glad it worked out well.

All best wishes,

Endre

Steve Spencer wrote:
Hi Endre,

Wow. Absolutely gorgeous and a great cubist take. I love how the notes curl and reach up just like the music itself. I simply love it. Good luck this week.

Steve S.

Apr 20, 2008 at 02:19 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · # 291 Chaconne

Thank you so much, Sue, my dear friend! I always appreciate your kind comments, especailly since I know that you only comment when you like something.

Nigel and I were both at the Menuhin School in Englad although at different times so i didn't know him. Perhaps he's trying to eulate Gilles Apap (a fabulous violinist and a very original player) who does some very unusual stuff with his cadenzas. Take a look at his You Tube performance of the Mozart Third Concerto last movement cadenza. You'll get a kick out if it. It is by far the nuttiest Mozart cadenza ever concocted but is simply wonderful.

I wish I could do stuff like that.

You're right - the rubbish pills ran out this week. They seem to have been having their effect quite strongly last week (as born out by my rather mediocre entry). The only porblem in not having them is that the withdrawal effects are quite severe. I begin to bark at my children in Vicuna and I perceive them to be responding to me in Alpaca. It can't be real but it is all very distressing, nonetheless... I do hope Fibbs gets wired up soon so Matron will let him out to send me a new shipment.

Fond regards,

Endre

suse wrote:
Lovely image, Strad. I agree it would make a fabulous concert poster. I hear that the violinist Nigel Kennedy has just brought out an album of Mozart and has 'added/interpreted' a bit of jazz to it in parts... for some reason this made me think of that...

I guess you're in need of a new delivery of the rubbish pills.

Apr 20, 2008 at 02:40 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · # 291 Chaconne

Thanks, Mike, my friend! When The Viperman pronounces a shot of mine to be good, I am always pleased!

All best wishes,

Endre

Vipermike wrote:
Works for me buddy!!! Great presentation Endre

Apr 20, 2008 at 02:42 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · # 291 Chaconne

Thanks, Adam. Glad you like it. I never tire of shooting it, either. Actually, in preparing for this I got a number of really good detail shots of the Strad that I can just keep for reference. the problem, though, is in distorting it one loses some of the refinement of the C bout, the beautiful F hole, and the perfectly carved scroll that is so characteristic of Strad's work. I tried not to distort those parts too much.

All best wishes,

Endre

Adam Woodyatt wrote:
I echo what several people have already said that this would make a great concert poster. I never tire of seeing your Strad but this is easily the best yet.

Adam

Edited on Apr 20, 2008 at 02:47 PM

Apr 20, 2008 at 02:44 PM
Kevin Sherman
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · # 291 Chaconne

Haha, I knew when I saw a picture of a violin, it was sure to have the name "Strad" attached to it!

Its a really interesting and comlex distortion, thats for sure! Nice work.

Apr 20, 2008 at 05:11 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.