Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6      
       end

Archive 2008 · So I destroyed my first camera (40D) the other day...(FINAL UPDATE)

paulhodson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · So I destroyed my first camera (40D) the other day...(FINAL UPDATE)

Pixel Perfect wrote:
I guess if there's good news at least you didn't tell that you knocked the whole setup off the side of a cliff and lose the big gun as well.

Well .... I didn't quite do that - but I did manage to drop my 10D off a cliff while changing the lens.

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:23 AM
outlawyer
• • •
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · So I destroyed my first camera (40D) the other day...(FINAL UPDATE)

The earth is over 2 million miles closer to the sun during (northern hemisphere) winter.

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:29 AM
oajlu
• •
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · So I destroyed my first camera (40D) the other day...(FINAL UPDATE)

any photos of your damaged camera? i want to see it.
at least you didnt get injured

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:41 AM
Image Group
• • •
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · So I destroyed my first camera (40D) the other day...(FINAL UPDATE)

Here is a very true story. I met the photographer.
He was climbing Mt Everest and very near the top took out his Canon ( don't rememebr which model but digital) to take a few shots and dropped it. It tumbled down a face and wound up gaining enough momentum to make it over an edge and fell from site. When returning from the summit he stopped where he last seen it go over the edge and it was a few hundred feet to another ledge and so on and so on. He wrote the camera off. A week later in one of the camps at the foot of Everest he was approached by another climber who he knew casually. The other climber asked if he'd like to come by his tent and check out some amazing images he has of a climb. Sure the guy says and off they went. Appearantly the other climber had lost hold of pick of some sort and wasn't about to leave it behind. He climbed down to where it was wedged ( which was a few thousand feet below where you know who lost his camera) and happened across a Canon camera. It looked like hell but when he turned on the power button he could barely make out images on the busted LCD. He recognized his friend and pocketed the camera. They met up later to check out these "Amazing photos" in his tent. To the photographers disbelief he recognized the photos and went nuts. The photographer contacted Canon when he got back to the states and sent the camera in for repair with a note explaining the story. Canon offered him a brand new camera free if they could keep the old one. He agreed and very soon here you will see this story in and ad for Canon. Very true story.

Jan 24, 2009 at 06:40 PM
MTBtrials
• • •
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · So I destroyed my first camera (40D) the other day...(FINAL UPDATE)

Wow, I was just in Cancun shooting some sunrises and seascapes with my 10-20 and 40D....
Perhaps it's a blessing that I can't afford a nice tele yet.... I would have been devastated if that had happend to me because I've hardly had the camera a month.

Thanks for sharing this story, and I'm glad that it worked out for you, testing AF modes is something I spent a lot of time working on during the vacation:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1194/3174867272_c5134dfbbe.jpg

Jan 24, 2009 at 09:22 PM
sienarot
• • •
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · So I destroyed my first camera (40D) the other day...(FINAL UPDATE)

Which Canon service centre was this? Couldn't have been Calgary....

Jan 25, 2009 at 01:02 PM
joezasada
• • • •
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · So I destroyed my first camera (40D) the other day...(FINAL UPDATE)

remember that if you are lost in the woods and need to light a fire, you can use your lenses to focus the sunlight......

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:35 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password