FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2008 · Bludomain site question

bert reed

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bludomain site question

Question for Bludomain users.

Bought my Bludomain site and received an e-mail yesterday saying my site would be in my inbox by Midnight tonight. I am not hosting with Blu, so I check my FTP files on my host server today and see a folder for the template I bought.

My question is do I still have to wait on their e-mail or is it possible to access the Admin page from my hosting control panel? My old website is still active and all the files still show up on the host server, will I need to delete these files for the new Blu site to show up?

Excuse my ignorance and thanks for any input.

Bert
www.bertreed.com

Jan 31, 2008 at 09:33 PM
BarnDog
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bludomain site question

You should be able to access the login page by going to your web address / folder name / bluadmin

This is your login page. If you have a login, go right in. If you do not have this info, there will likely be a link to change your password. This should email a changed password to the email account you gave them when you signed up. If this does not work, it means there is a file in the database they set up with the wrong email address.

I am NOT telling you to GO INTO YOUR DATABASE TABLES and look for the file which contains the contact info and change it to your email address. Because if you did that there is no guarantee that you will not mess something up. Otherwise changing the email address would cause this un-advised change to work and you would get the password to get in.

This is probably NOT a good idea even if you BACK UP THE FOLDER first and possibly FTP THE ENTIRE THING to your local computer so if anything happened you could easily restore it all to original configuration.

If you did all of that foolish business and got into the configuration, you could "theoretically" just move it all into the root of your web space and be live.

I would never admit that I DID THIS EXACT THING because that might cause someone to mess up their site and I would feel bad.

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM
bert reed

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bludomain site question

I DON'T think I will follow your advice, but because I am bored I tried typing in "website/folder/bluadmin and got nothing.

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:25 PM
asimsoofi
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bludomain site question

Bert, What barndog was saying is you have to type your template name in the folder area. So if your template is called "BloodyMary", you do this:

www.bertreed.com/BloodyMary/bluadmin

Then you can go into your control panel if you have the password, which I believe is bluadmin by default. Of course, it depends on if they configured the template already.

Edited on Feb 01, 2008 at 01:18 AM

Feb 01, 2008 at 01:15 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password