Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              991              993              1013       1014       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.992 #1 · p.992 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Mark! I had a SCT-Meade 16" and I had a snap on metal rimmed solar filter for it.
Yeah I should have taken some images when the eclipse hit totality. I have a 500mm lens for my Canon's.
Great images Mark!
Dan

Apr 09, 2024 at 09:56 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.992 #2 · p.992 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I have a Celestron 11" SCT but I hardly ever use it. I even left it set up in the yard under an all-weather cover, and that hasn't helped with use.

I had all three custom functions set up so I could quickly take a bunch of bracketing exposures without spending all of totality fiddling with the camera. Those three minutes flew by.

Mark

Apr 09, 2024 at 11:34 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.992 #3 · p.992 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti wrote:
I have a Celestron 11" SCT but I hardly ever use it. I even left it set up in the yard under an all-weather cover, and that hasn't helped with use.

I had all three custom functions set up so I could quickly take a bunch of bracketing exposures without spending all of totality fiddling with the camera. Those three minutes flew by.

Mark

Yeah had that same feeling Mark! I would have put a dome on the deck for it but I never did. Instead I put "wheely bars" on the tripod and just pushed it out onto the deck when needed.

Apr 09, 2024 at 12:20 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.992 #4 · p.992 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I made my own cart some years ago, but didn't plan it out very well. It barely fits through the shed door. Garage would be easier, but not with the street light in front and the sloping driveway. It's on the wedge because I was hoping to try some photography.

Your 16-inch was/is a monster scope!

Mark

Apr 09, 2024 at 02:37 PM
Zane Adams
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.992 #5 · p.992 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

After days of fretting about the weather and a determination not to miss this eclipse like we did in 2017, our little gang left DFW @ 8 am and kept driving north and east until we found a beautiful, almost cloud-free, hole in the sky near Mena Arkansas...we had not planned on going that far, but we were far enough from home already we kept at it.

Found a beautiful church on a hill with a wide open parking lot with about 25 or so members lying around watching the sky, they welcomed us with open arms!

It was an amazing experience.
The light, the dark, the wind changed direction, the temps dropped, the birds stopped, the mailman stopped, then when the light came back the dogs next door barked and a rooster crowed!

The whole thing blew me away!

I was so amazed by the sights that I was a tick late to catch the "diamond ring" correctly...this will have to do.

Sunset all around!

Apr 09, 2024 at 02:59 PM
Zane Adams
• • •
p.992 #6 · p.992 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Also set up the GoPro to watch us watch the sky..

>>> Time Lapse Video stuff<<<

Apr 09, 2024 at 03:11 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.992 #7 · p.992 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks for sharing your story Zane. I was prepared to be underwhelmed and the only reason that I captured it al all was that Hillwood asked me to shoot the gathering at Perot Field. The experience was as you described it and everyone was mesmerized by the whole event. You deserved what you captured, Mena isn't a hop, skip and a jump from us, you earned it.

Apr 09, 2024 at 03:12 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.992 #8 · p.992 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice setup Mark, Wedge, Counterweights and all, makes my 8" scope look tiny...Same to you Mr Dan.
Zane...Great video-
Love the red molten lava or whatever in the pixs, .

Apr 09, 2024 at 04:41 PM
Zane Adams
• • •
p.992 #9 · p.992 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim,

458 Miles on the clock yesterday. But we are the kind of people who will drive to Santa Fe and back for a three day weekend

A road trip is good for my soul!

Apr 09, 2024 at 04:50 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.992 #10 · p.992 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I know what you mean Zane, even if itís for an assignment, I feel like I leave a ton of minutia behind when I roll out of town.

Apr 10, 2024 at 09:55 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.992 #11 · p.992 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti wrote:

I made my own cart some years ago, but didn't plan it out very well. It barely fits through the shed door. Garage would be easier, but not with the street light in front and the sloping driveway. It's on the wedge because I was hoping to try some photography.

Your 16-inch was/is a monster scope!

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-GwRzGJT/0/b27wTCd45ChPvS5kjnmgxgdBcDx9CVScm9RWfD8b/X2/i-GwRzGJT-X2.jpg

Mark

Great ingenuity Mark! Fine looking equipment!!

Dan

Apr 10, 2024 at 09:55 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.992 #12 · p.992 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zane Adams wrote:
After days of fretting about the weather and a determination not to miss this eclipse like we did in 2017, our little gang left DFW @ 8 am and kept driving north and east until we found a beautiful, almost cloud-free, hole in the sky near Mena Arkansas...we had not planned on going that far, but we were far enough from home already we kept at it.

Found a beautiful church on a hill with a wide open parking lot with about 25 or so members lying around watching the sky, they welcomed us with open arms!

It was
...Show more
Magnificient images Zane!
Dan

Apr 10, 2024 at 09:56 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.992 #13 · p.992 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Friday is my WW II vets portrait day. Looking forward to meeting these Gentlemen!

Apr 10, 2024 at 09:57 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.992 #14 · p.992 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

All the one's I knew are now gone Jim! Hopefully the town near me will have a celebration in Veterans Park!
Dan

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:04 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.992 #15 · p.992 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

One of the most meaningful experiences of my life, spending a morning with the four surviving Doolittle Raiders and having them sign one of my prints...........

Apr 10, 2024 at 01:21 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.992 #16 · p.992 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Have entered into a huge "copyright" infringement with the DoD.
They have posted a picture of my mother in the Navy and took credit for her picture!

I have asked for a "retract" from the San Antonio JB.GOV. Doubt I will not get a bunch of crap now!

But found this!
https://www.jbsa.mil/Information/JBSA-AIRSHOW/

I am sure my Texas brothers already know this....

Apr 10, 2024 at 01:31 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.992 #17 · p.992 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
One of the most meaningful experiences of my life, spending a morning with the four surviving Doolittle Raiders and having them sign one of my prints...........

You make me proud Jim! And you know why!
Most excellent!
Dan

Apr 10, 2024 at 02:24 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.992 #18 · p.992 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

WOW Jim, pretty kool.

Apr 10, 2024 at 02:24 PM
Zane Adams
• • •
p.992 #19 · p.992 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim,

Dang, Ricky there in the middle looks so young! ) I guess you and Gunny were young(er) too

David Thatcher, Dick Cole, and Ed Saylor behind?
it gave me chills every time I met one of those guys. God bless them all.

Apr 10, 2024 at 02:39 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.992 #20 · p.992 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The girls in red were one game from the State Championship game. They lost by 2-1. But they never gave up...(goalie kept control of the ball).

Apr 10, 2024 at 08:26 PM
1       2       3              991              993              1013       1014       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.