Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              979              981              1013       1014       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.980 #1 · p.980 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Sometimes simple is, well, simply beautiful.....................

Looks like a "weather front" moving in Jim!
WEll done!
Dan

Mar 06, 2024 at 10:52 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.980 #2 · p.980 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Dan,

It was actually a weather system moving in from the West which brought a temporary clearing right before sunset. The low clouds, wind and snow rolled in overnight to set the tone for the following day.

Mar 06, 2024 at 10:59 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.980 #3 · p.980 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Spoke with an anonymous source today re: Canon's imminent releases and, odd as it seems after all the hype, 45mp and a few updates looks like it may be accurate. Assuming that's true, Canon disappointed me, but saved me a ton of cash in 2024. I need another body regardless,. maybe it'll just get another R5C to round it out, prices are dropping.

The prospect of RF mount Canon cinema bodies is interesting, might consider an updated C300 if it had the right features. Who knows when they will make good on that news release, they sure aren't in any hurry on any of it.

Mar 06, 2024 at 05:37 PM
XHawkeye
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.980 #4 · p.980 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Animagraffs video on the SR-71. Worth a look see if you have 55 minutes to watch it.

Mar 07, 2024 at 08:10 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.980 #5 · p.980 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Little fun in the sun...

Mar 07, 2024 at 10:55 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.980 #6 · p.980 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And the hanger...Aussie style...

Mar 07, 2024 at 10:57 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.980 #7 · p.980 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mar 07, 2024 at 10:58 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.980 #8 · p.980 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

XHawkeye wrote:
Animagraffs video on the SR-71. Worth a look see if you have 55 minutes to watch it.

Gee, for an old jet engine mechanic, crew chief on F-102 jets with elevons and other USAF jets under 2 engines (F-101, F-4) and ejection seat augmentee, that was a heck of a great video. I loved the 3D video especially for the engine description and elevon mixer. The F-102 had a hydraulic HEP valve for mixing the elevons. I have see a breakdown of the engine flow before, but never like that, that video made so much more sense to me for the cooling and performance.

Thanks, it was a heck of a video, loved it! Thank you for posting that Hawkeye!

Did you know the NASA Shuttle launch and entry (escape) suits worn by the astronauts after Challenger were the same suits worn by the SR-71 Pilots? After they were accepted by NASA, I was the Boeing quality engineer for processing those suits for flight. Most of our technicians were SR-71 technicians from the USAF.

Mar 07, 2024 at 11:02 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.980 #9 · p.980 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yesterday was a day of run n gun corporate video with some still work rolled in. Funny, this commercial photography gig is mostly a dynamic contest between what I'd ideally like to create, what I'm equipped to create, pitted against the time and situations that I'm given in which to create. Sometimes I look at the open cases filled with every imaginable tool, fully realizing that the situation will not allow the use of most of it. You really have to be so well versed on your gear that you can instantly decide what you need and how to best adapt it to any given moment. Yesterday was a great example, I had a national corporate gathering with several hundred attendees, a networking session, a four person panel discussion, wrapping up with a Q&A with a top level female corporate exec. I had mental impressions of what I would have loved to create as far as composition, audio and lighting, as usual, those were immediately tempered with ever unfolding realities. Basically every assignment is a moment to moment dance with what you envision, what you are prepared for and capable of producing, and what you are going to be allowed to create.

Photographers are often very impatient in fluid/pressured situations and that only compounds the challenges and frustrates everyone involved. The line from the deodorant commercial, "Never let them see you sweat......!" is a good rule of thumb for a commercial shooter. The client wants to believe that you are in control and ready for any eventuality, untrue as it might be at any given moment, the best strategy is to let them believe that. Truthfully, the only way to accomplish that is to be so prepared for anything and everything to go wrong that nothing surprises you, at least on the surface............

Mar 08, 2024 at 09:54 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.980 #10 · p.980 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:

What model plane is this Bill? Navy xxxx?

Mar 08, 2024 at 11:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.980 #11 · p.980 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Yesterday was a day of run n gun corporate video with some still work rolled in. Funny, this commercial photography gig is mostly a dynamic contest between what I'd ideally like to create, what I'm equipped to create, pitted against the time and situations that I'm given in which to create. Sometimes I look at the open cases filled with every imaginable tool, fully realizing that the situation will not allow the use of most of it. You really have to be so well versed on your gear that you can instantly decide what you need and how to best
...Show more

Jim your analysis is spot on and could NOT be more timely!
2 of my paying clients are resturaunts. The 1 in Leesburg, VA, The Lightfoot, is owned by 2 sisters. They took a bank and turned it into a super resturaunt! They left the vault doors and the teller windows in place.
The 1 sister is also a 5 star chef AND a photographer. And damn good one!

I was there to shoot their new Spring-Summer plated dishes for their website!
Well they forgot to tell me that they had a lunch party upstairs where I normally shoot from!

Well that had me in a tither! Then Gertude has her own lighting equipment so that was great BUT she forgot to tell me that a she was having a culinary class in the kitchen for some culinary students!!!!!!

I sweat terribly when flustered! I was drenched! BUT as we soldiers say, "improvise, adapt, overcome"! I did!
Took a few hours longer but all came out fine and the sisters were very happy with my results!
Whew!

Sorry for the Holiday Decor! These were from December 2023

Solid wood hand carved ceiling

Mar 08, 2024 at 11:21 AM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.980 #12 · p.980 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:
What model plane is this Bill? Navy xxxx?

From Wiki:

Pilatus PC-9/A
67 two-seat trainers for the Royal Australian Air Force. 2 fully built planes supplied by Pilatus, 17 assembled from kits and 48 built under licence in Australia by Hawker de Havilland.

Australia
Royal Australian Air Force[8] Retired in 2019, replaced by the Pilatus PC-21

Beech Pilatus PC-9 Mk.2
In order to compete in the United States JPATS competition, Pilatus and Beechcraft developed an extensively modified version of the PC-9, initially called the Beech Pilatus PC-9 Mk. II which won out over seven other contenders.[7] It was later renamed the Beechcraft T-6A Texan II and is now built and marketed independently by Beechcraft. Over 700 are to be built for the United States Air Force and United States Navy, with Pilatus receiving royalties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilatus_PC-9#See_also

Edited on Mar 08, 2024 at 11:48 AM · View previous versions

Mar 08, 2024 at 11:40 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.980 #13 · p.980 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
From Wiki:

Pilatus PC-9/A
67 two-seat trainers for the Royal Australian Air Force. 2 fully built planes supplied by Pilatus, 17 assembled from kits and 48 built under licence in Australia by Hawker de Havilland.

Australia
Royal Australian Air Force[8] Retired in 2019, replaced by the Pilatus PC-21

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilatus_PC-9#See_also

Thank you very much Ray!
An auzzie plane eh?

I served with the Auzzie/NZ SAS(for 6 months- should say they served with me) in SE Asia but saw them fly only 1 plane the Cessna A37B-Dragon fly! "! And boy could they fly them and helicopters! They were fearless as helo "jocks"! "No joy" was NOT in their language!They could put napalm on a dime!
Dan

Edited on Mar 09, 2024 at 11:01 AM · View previous versions

Mar 08, 2024 at 11:47 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.980 #14 · p.980 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

For a second I thought that was a Tucano.................

Mar 08, 2024 at 05:16 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.980 #15 · p.980 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You got it Eddie Ray, Pilatus PC-9.
They had a few of those painted down in Reno, Navy and Marines and one is going down for digital camo and paint soon and a 4th one will stay all original for the name sake. I think the PC-9 out does the Beechcraft T6 by a mile I heard, and the PC-21 was heavy and not as agile or maneuverable like the PC-9. He tried buying some PC-9 when they were active but the Auzzie military wouldn't sell any and then when the PC-21 came out they offered to sell some.
Here is a Tucano like Jim posted...Still got the hard points and all.

Mar 08, 2024 at 08:40 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.980 #16 · p.980 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Little more shooting at day break...
Not sure what this animal is
A RAM maybe ?

Mar 08, 2024 at 10:48 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.980 #17 · p.980 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Couple duckies...

Mar 08, 2024 at 10:49 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.980 #18 · p.980 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I see you

Mar 08, 2024 at 10:50 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.980 #19 · p.980 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Eagle on watch

Floating away

Wish them Swans would get closer

Mar 08, 2024 at 10:50 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.980 #20 · p.980 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
Little more shooting at day break...
Not sure what this animal is
A RAM maybe ?

Here in Central Texas I have not seen a RAM that color. But then our gravel roads would have them looking dirty 30 minutes after a wash. Most are white or silver. I really like that color Bill.

Mar 08, 2024 at 11:23 PM
1       2       3              979              981              1013       1014       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.