FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              978      
       980              995       996       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ttown Aubie
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.979 #1 · p.979 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Congratulations Jim! What wonderful news.

Mar 02, 2024 at 10:13 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.979 #2 · p.979 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you Joe! Gracie was our first Grandchild so it's only fitting that she would have our first Great Grandchild. She's just beaming, and so are we! Gracie named me "Papa" when she first began to talk, and it stuck.

Mar 03, 2024 at 12:22 AM
Shotgun15

p.979 #3 · p.979 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Awesome Jim! So glad to hear it.
Please give Gracie, et vir, my congratulations and that I am holding them in prayers.

Mar 03, 2024 at 09:39 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.979 #4 · p.979 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Congrats Sheila and Jim! Just tell my "buddy" he will be the older teacher!
He will do fine that I am sure of! He has a fantastic mentor!
The "6666" ranch was in Yellowstone! I wonder if the actor portraying the "owner" was just an actor or the real owner! He was a helluva a cowboy!
Wonderful news Jim!
Congrats!
Dan

Mar 03, 2024 at 10:31 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.979 #5 · p.979 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Congrats Jim,
You're a fine example of a man, grandpa and great grandpa for all those kids.
More fun times coming and flying with them all.
Congrats to you both.

Mar 03, 2024 at 11:44 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.979 #6 · p.979 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you all very much, your wishes mean a great deal.

Mar 03, 2024 at 03:32 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.979 #7 · p.979 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A little art amongst the 777's.................these are fuselage supports, custom designed to cradle the aircraft for the duration of its remanufacture..................

Mar 03, 2024 at 03:41 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.979 #8 · p.979 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

WOW Jim,
Those are impressive.
We use that slotted aluminum channel sometimes but nothing that big...Pretty impressive.

Mar 03, 2024 at 04:39 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.979 #9 · p.979 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

This whole process boggles the mind. They have the fuselages all wired so that they can detect and measure dimensional changes due to temperature fluctuations. These aircraft are in the conversion process for 12-24 months so they need to know the dimensions within a fine decimal point at any given moment in time.

Mar 03, 2024 at 09:28 PM
JayDavis
• • • •
p.979 #10 · p.979 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Been rather busy lately and haven't had time to post a lot of work.

This is the first time I've photographed a PC-24 that is for sale. I had the pleasure of flying in one about 4 years ago on assignment from DAL to HOU and I was quite impressed with this jet. I've flown in numerous PC-12's and those are nice also, but the PC-24 is a much larger cabin for Pilatus.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Mar 04, 2024 at 10:10 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.979 #11 · p.979 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Congratulations Jim and Sheila! Wonderful news, I thought I posted something but it disappeared

Mar 04, 2024 at 03:25 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.979 #12 · p.979 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Jan Arie!

Mar 04, 2024 at 04:55 PM
DanNehmer
• • •
p.979 #13 · p.979 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi all,

Off to my next "adventure" tomorrow! As many of you may remember I have for nearly 20 years participated in SAE's (Society of Automotive Engineer's) Collegiate Design Series program on snowmobiles and I have often shared pictures from the events. This year is going to be a bit different! There is no snow in the UP of Michigan, trails closed etc, so the Snowmobile Challenge is going to be a "CHALLENGE!". This year the organizers have worked with the local ski hill in Downtown Houghton to hold most of the events utilizing the ski hills last remaining snow. Likely the only snow remaining in the UP of Michigan!

So we are going to learn how to conduct a snowmobile event at a ski hill! I am glad they did find a venue so the students work this year can still be demonstrated, it would have been sad for the students to cancel the event entirely. It has been a huge effort to pull this together in the last 3-4 days, solid job by the organizers. I will certainly share photo's next week of the event. Should be an experience.

Enjoy,
Dan

Mar 05, 2024 at 11:50 AM
Zane Adams
• • •
p.979 #14 · p.979 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim,

I love that drive through the west Texas ranch country. Much better on the psyche than the Interstate.

The 6666 ranch was bought by a investor group led by the "Yellowstone" producer Taylor Sheridan. Costner owns a small 160 acre spot they call a ranch in Colorado..

Mar 05, 2024 at 12:52 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.979 #15 · p.979 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zane Adams wrote:
Jim,

I love that drive through the west Texas ranch country. Much better on the psyche than the Interstate.

The 6666 ranch was bought by a investor group led by the "Yellowstone" producer Taylor Sheridan. Costner owns a small 160 acre spot they call a ranch in Colorado..

I saw that ranch on "Yellowstone". Thanks for the info Zane!
Dan

Mar 05, 2024 at 01:10 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.979 #16 · p.979 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks for the backstory, my son JR was working with his investment group to buy the four 6's, but those guys beat them to it. Bids were in the area of $260M, the guys that bought it have expanded the brand with Beef products and a bunch of other items, the ranch/brand is now worth well over a half a billion dollars. It's a beautiful spot for sure, I told JR that if he bought it, I'd probably never leave. My Cub would look real good in that hangar, and I could do 50 touch n go's in one pass on that beautiful runway.................

Mar 05, 2024 at 01:30 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.979 #17 · p.979 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

DanNehmer wrote:
Hi all,

Off to my next "adventure" tomorrow! As many of you may remember I have for nearly 20 years participated in SAE's (Society of Automotive Engineer's) Collegiate Design Series program on snowmobiles and I have often shared pictures from the events. This year is going to be a bit different! There is no snow in the UP of Michigan, trails closed etc, so the Snowmobile Challenge is going to be a "CHALLENGE!". This year the organizers have worked with the local ski hill in Downtown Houghton to hold most of the events utilizing the ski hills last remaining snow. Likely
...Show more
Good luck and have fun Dan.
Plenty a snow here and we can send one of Shasta snow maker if it's cold enough there

Mar 05, 2024 at 01:57 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.979 #18 · p.979 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
Good luck and have fun Dan.
Plenty a snow here and we can send one of Shasta snow maker if it's cold enough there

Bring it on brother! We have entered our Spring "flip flop! 1 Day or few days are above normal(60-70F) then back to 30's-40's
Early Spring flowers are in bloom and rain but back to the lower temps. But that is ok! I am a cold weather guy! Colder, without significant snow, and I am "cool".

Mar 05, 2024 at 04:24 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.979 #19 · p.979 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:
Bring it on brother! We have entered our Spring "flip flop! 1 Day or few days are above normal(60-70F) then back to 30's-40's
Early Spring flowers are in bloom and rain but back to the lower temps. But that is ok! I am a cold weather guy! Colder, without significant snow, and I am "cool".

We had a small warm spell, actually had to mow the lawn last week and a few trees in the valley have started to bloom, then snow on the valley floor last weekend, a little sunday now just rain and rain. I'd be happy if it snowed a foot...When Crater Lake hit's the 20' mark I'll get ya some pictures.

Mar 05, 2024 at 05:01 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.979 #20 · p.979 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sometimes simple is, well, simply beautiful.....................

Mar 06, 2024 at 05:31 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.