979              992       993       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.978 #1 · p.978 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:
Beautiful Bill! Nice clouds and sky!

Thanks Mr assignment win 100X over......You been busy and doing good Dan...Congrats.
Ps...Still waiting on my pix from you know where...

Feb 28, 2024 at 11:12 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.978 #2 · p.978 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
Thanks Mr assignment win 100X over......You been busy and doing good Dan...Congrats.
Ps...Still waiting on my pix from you know where...

Well I am also Bill!
I am NOT happy with how I am being treated by the civilian contractors at you know where!

I have many memorial artifacts that will be on display as well as yours. I have them here at home because when I was last there, I found a box of quilts that American children made and sent to ?? to be displayed in a trash room!!!!
I blew up and a few choice words to say to the govt-civilian liason!

My patience is wearing thin! They are "overbudget"already and a year behind because of covid. But they are using that as an excuse in soaking us taxpayers for more money!

In the

This display case was moved from the old Memorial Room and ended up in a bulk trash room!

Edited on Feb 29, 2024 at 01:24 PM · View previous versions

Feb 28, 2024 at 11:18 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.978 #3 · p.978 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice work Dan.
I have a flag my mom gave me that was her dads or brothers, I really can't remember.
Some day I gotta do something with that or give it to someone.

Feb 28, 2024 at 01:15 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.978 #4 · p.978 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The 50mm is still working hard court side...

Feb 28, 2024 at 06:08 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.978 #5 · p.978 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Heck ya, and no noise

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:44 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.978 #6 · p.978 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
Heck ya, and no noise

^^^
This one was at a meager ISO 16000.

Feb 28, 2024 at 11:10 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.978 #7 · p.978 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rained 2" in the last hour I think and the wind is 40+ mph, crazy but we need it.
Hope all you Texas folks are doing ok and safe with the crazy fires there...
Will try to send some rain your way.

Feb 29, 2024 at 11:40 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.978 #8 · p.978 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Spent the week in The Permian shooting energy production and experienced a variety of weather conditions, wind, rain, snow, 85 degrees, 22 degrees. We started every morning at 4:30 and the closest hotel was 45 minutes away from the job site so my clock is pretty jumbled at this point. Saw a lot of these, many were broken and leaking, some were operative. Even saw a massive graveyard full of broken and burned parts, didn't appear very "environmentally friendly" to me.............

Mar 02, 2024 at 05:19 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.978 #9 · p.978 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Earning every dime.......................

Mar 02, 2024 at 05:40 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.978 #10 · p.978 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The 85/1.2 is worth it's weight in gold in these situations...................

Mar 02, 2024 at 06:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.978 #11 · p.978 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
Rained 2" in the last hour I think and the wind is 40+ mph, crazy but we need it.
Hope all you Texas folks are doing ok and safe with the crazy fires there...
Will try to send some rain your way.

---------------------------------------------

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Spent the week in The Permian shooting energy production and experienced a variety of weather conditions, wind, rain, snow, 85 degrees, 22 degrees. We started every morning at 4:30 and the closest hotel was 45 minutes away from the job site so my clock is pretty jumbled at this point. Saw a lot of these, many were broken and leaking, some were operative. Even saw a massive graveyard full of broken and burned parts, didn't appear very "environmentally friendly" to me.............

JWilsonphoto wrote:
The 85/1.2 is worth it's weight in gold in these situations...................

How are my brothers doin' with the heavy snow in Medford, CL and the wildfires in Texas?
The Weather Channel always sensationalizes the weather but the on camera people looked both very concerned and the snow blizzard looked apocolyptic!!
Stay safe...snuggle indoors..get my buddy, "JWIII" on his "JD" for plowing "burn stops" Jim!!!

Edited on Mar 02, 2024 at 11:58 AM · View previous versions

Mar 02, 2024 at 10:44 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.978 #12 · p.978 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:

How are my brothers doin' with the heavy snow in Medford, CL and the wildfires in Texas?
The Weather Channel always sensationalizes the weather but the on camera people looked both very concerned and the snow blizzard looked apocolyptic!!
Stay safe...snuggle indoors..get my buddy, "JWIII" on his "JD" for plowing burn stops Jim!!!

Rained dam near all morning yesterday, then blue skies for the last few hours of the day and then rained all evening, hard.
Woke up to about 2" or so...Beautiful.
Hope Texas can get a grip and get those fires out soon, prayin for you all down there.

Mar 02, 2024 at 11:44 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.978 #13 · p.978 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Jim, I hate these huge propellers! Regardless of what energy they might produce or wildlife they destroy!
Maryland has taken its highest mountain ridgeline and planted these beasts for about 25 miles. So when driving along the beautiful western parts of Maryland, these are all you see dotting the horizon!
But glad it is providing you with income and photo opportunites. In that regard it is a plus!
Stay safe!

How do the oil people feel about the dismissal of oil production to become our energy independence?
Dan

Mar 02, 2024 at 11:57 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.978 #14 · p.978 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm with you Dan, I drove home on a route that has some of the most beautiful landscapes in Texas, and a bunch of the vistas were destroyed by hundreds of wind energy towers and propellers. They are eye sores when they are new, much less when they got toes up. I was going to stop and take some pictures of the ones that had failed and were leaking all manner of black and brown yuk all over the place, but I was so exhausted I just wanted to get home. I was running on four 20 hour days and it was beginning to let the old man in, as they say.

I don't know what the real story, positive or negative, on those windmills and the lines are so politically drawn that I don't really give a damn. What I do know is when a lefty is given an opportunity to have a few erected within their view, they are a solid no, Walter Cronkite is a good example, they haven't erected any off shore and within view of Martha's Vineyard, and it's not because it's not a good spot for wind. They were a big part of our "snowaggaeddon" a few years ago, they quit, froze up, outright broke and generated nothing. I'd much prefer a couple of nuke silos dotting the landscape in West Texas, and, as we all know, more people have been killed in Ted Kennedy's car than in nuclear generating mishaps in the US.

My oil people drive by them and laugh as they go to drill for what we know works. We are a little bit of unique situation, unless it's off shore production, the feds can't touch Texas production, Brandon's war on oil has only benefitted my guys because the dem's policies have run the price up making production profitable. A good frac crew makes over a million dollars a week if all goes smoothly, and they are booked from now until the cows come home, and by the way, we still have cows and great steaks!

Prints of my oilfield work will end up lining the halls and executive offices of greats like OXY, and others. Each well is individually important to a number of companies up and down the line so they all want big display prints from the job.

Mar 02, 2024 at 05:45 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.978 #15 · p.978 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:

Stay safe...snuggle indoors..get my buddy, "JWIII" on his "JD" for plowing "burn stops" Jim!!!

The wildfires are raging, it's blowing like crazy here and they are having a real problem, over a million acres burned so far. They were a hundred miles from my job site and spreading north, so we weren't in any danger. A wildfire like that in the oilfield would be a real problem for sure. Temps are in the 80's here today and forecast to stay that way for a while, things are starting to bloom, and I can see a faint green in all the trees, they will be completely leafed out within a few weeks if these temps hold.

Mar 02, 2024 at 05:53 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.978 #16 · p.978 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I'm with you Dan, I drove home on a route that has some of the most beautiful landscapes in Texas, and a bunch of the vistas were destroyed by hundreds of wind energy towers and propellers. They are eye sores when they are new, much less when they got toes up. I was going to stop and take some pictures of the ones that had failed and were leaking all manner of black and brown yuk all over the place, but I was so exhausted I just wanted to get home. I was running on four 20 hour days and
...Show more

Susan and I drove back from Phoenix a few years ago taking the northern route. We looped through Abilene and headed to Comanche on our way home to Bell County. Like you I wanted to stop and take a photo. It was a farm of several thousand acres with those big ugly white fellas, however, scattered around them were one-eyed Jacks pumping away. The only things missing were longhorns and bluebonnets.

Mar 02, 2024 at 06:45 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.978 #17 · p.978 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What an incredible State we are Blessed to live in! Chandler suggested that my return trip be on 82 to 380/114 and he was right on the money. Th small town delays weren't a big deal and the vistas were breathtaking. I came over one hill and The "6666" ranch spread out before my eyes, including a beautiful Gulfstream worthy runway and a barn red hangar with "four sixes on the front door. Apparently Kevin Costner bought it recently and is filming "Yellowstone" there.

Mar 02, 2024 at 09:29 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.978 #18 · p.978 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We had what Sheila and I thought was going to be a little BBQ at our house tonite with our Granddaughter Gracie and her husband, JR, Candace and the kids. Turns out Gracie planned it to tell us we are going to be Great Grandparents! Lord willing, this September our 9 will become 10.

Edited on Mar 02, 2024 at 09:52 PM · View previous versions

Mar 02, 2024 at 09:45 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.978 #19 · p.978 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
We had what Sheila and I thought was going to be a little BBQ at our house with our Granddaughter Gracie and her husband, JR, Candace and the kids. Turns out Gracie planned it to tell us we are going to be Great Grandparents! Lord willing, this September our 9 will become 10.

Congratulations Jim and Sheila!

Mar 02, 2024 at 09:49 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.978 #20 · p.978 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Ray! I don't think it dawned on James this evening that he might have to share me ...................

Mar 02, 2024 at 09:53 PM
1       2       3              977      

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              977      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.