FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              976      
       978              992       993       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.977 #1 · p.977 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

This week has been another one filled with demanding drone work in zero altitude restricted locations, nerve wracking, but challenging and rewarding. Several projects were just beginning when I captured them the last time so I had to use site plans to determine where the structures are going to be. This round was a bit easier because the sites are starting to take shape. Monday saw the highest wind velocities that I have ever flown any drown in, much less the Mavic 3 sized platform, winds were 40+ at the surface and increased to 3,000', then stated to diminish. The Mavic's efficient battery use/long flight times goes down the drain in that environment, and the drone is banking at a substantial angle into the wind, but the stills and videos are rock solid. One has to be very cognizant of where the drone is and whether it will be returning with, or against the wind, so you don't end up with a "the drone will land in 10 seconds!" warning.

Our Buddy Mike Brewington handles all this stuff like it was nothing, but it still wears me out. I'm sure grateful to have him as my mentor and sounding board, not to mention friend!

Feb 22, 2024 at 10:08 AM
MBrewington
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.977 #2 · p.977 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Shucks Jim, I only see one obstacle in the scene and that is the crane boom. Up here in the PNW we have persistent rain and fog, plus a few trees and mountains. With your clear skies and a light breeze youíve got it made. 🤣🤣. Skies are finally clearing here so itís time to knock out a project or two.

Feb 22, 2024 at 11:14 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.977 #3 · p.977 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I waited 90 minutes for them to pick up the first panel, then they went to lunch so I went on to the next job.

Feb 22, 2024 at 12:52 PM
Zane Adams
• • •
p.977 #4 · p.977 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Canon AE1 Program was my first SLR, and she's still running...unlike the many electronic digi cams that have followed.

MY 1986 style airshow rig!

And my first camera... the mighty Kodak Instamatic 30
This thing has been with me since 1977. Been to Hawaii, Europe and all over the US.

Feb 22, 2024 at 02:38 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.977 #5 · p.977 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MIne was the Canon TLb Zane...Then moved to the AE1. They still work fine. Do have to lubricate the film advance lever now and then but they both take wonderful images.
I cannot remember what Instamatic model I had in Vietnam. I went through many because of the intense heat and humidity and mold/mildew that ruined both the film and camera! The monsoon season was especially bad!

Glad to see I am not the only one, Eddie Wrei also, who "saves" their cameras!
Dan

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:59 AM
RobMoser
• • •
p.977 #6 · p.977 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I still have the last of my 4 Nikon Fs, two motor drive equipped F2AS', a motor drive F3, F4 and an F5. Oddly enough, when I want to shoot film, I usually grab one of the F2's.

Rob

Feb 23, 2024 at 01:26 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.977 #7 · p.977 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Dan, I have been running so fast that I completely missed your win in the weekly competition, sorry! Congratulations!!

Feb 23, 2024 at 05:54 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.977 #8 · p.977 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey Dan, I have been running so fast that I completely missed your win in the weekly competition, sorry! Congratulations!!

No apology needed Jim! But I thank you!
I am very happy you are busy! Keeps you and JIII out of trouble! That is with Shelia and JIII's mom/dad!

Edited on Feb 24, 2024 at 04:21 PM · View previous versions

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:08 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.977 #9 · p.977 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Some secret work I have known about for a few years now, got the ok to post a few pixs I took yesterday. My shop and even I helped build some of the parts on this puppy, some of the bottom metal, 1/2" steel, and the three piece column, and some other internal parts. The fiberglass shell and probably 75% of this bad boy was not only made in the USA but made in-house and locally. This machine will X-Ray a whole plane, on the tarmac or hanger without ever having to remove a panel or skin and can detect stress fractures, cracks or problems ahead of time. Northrop Grumman/Lockheed Martin are the big customers this is going to. This was a quite the big dog hanger rented for several months to do some more trials, heated floors and all at 10K a month.

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:44 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.977 #10 · p.977 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
Some secret work I have known about for a few years now, got the ok to post a few pixs I took yesterday. My shop and even I helped build some of the parts on this puppy, some of the bottom metal, 1/2" steel, and the three piece column, and some other internal parts. The fiberglass shell and probably 75% of this bad boy was not only made in the USA but made in-house and locally. This machine will X-Ray a whole plane, on the tarmac or hanger without ever having to remove a panel or skin and can
...Show more
Darn Bill when I opened and saw the 1st image I thought it was some new super duper, heavy machine gun or hi power low caliber artillery piece!

Dan

Feb 24, 2024 at 04:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.977 #11 · p.977 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:
Darn Bill when I opened and saw the 1st image I thought it was some new super duper, heavy machine gun or hi power low caliber artillery piece!

Dan

, kinda looks like that.

Feb 24, 2024 at 04:37 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.977 #12 · p.977 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

From Oshkosh this past summer.

NIKON Z 9    VR 500mm f/4E lens    500mm    f/9.0    1/50s    64 ISO    +1.0 EV  

Feb 24, 2024 at 05:19 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.977 #13 · p.977 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Isn't it still February...but it's baseball season. Conference game, not preseason!

Feb 24, 2024 at 08:38 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.977 #14 · p.977 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Lacrosse has started here in Maryland! I must get out to see my 2nd favorite sport!
Great stop action on the hit Ray!
Dan

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:26 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.977 #15 · p.977 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
From Oshkosh this past summer.

Darn fine capture Tim!
Love seeing our soldiers in action!
Reminds me of Vietnam and being extracted from the jungle in a Maguire rig! Most times I had to remain in the "rig" so the Huey wasn't shot down. Miles in fact! Boy that was NOT fun! Still have scars on my "six" from those actions!
Again wonderful capture!
Dan

Feb 25, 2024 at 11:31 AM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.977 #16 · p.977 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill, Boeing could have used that machine several years ago.
Harry

Feb 25, 2024 at 11:36 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.977 #17 · p.977 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Kingfishphoto wrote:
Harry

, no kidding.

Feb 26, 2024 at 11:04 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.977 #18 · p.977 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Kingfishphoto wrote:
Harry

Welcome home sir!
Hometown life long friend flew F-4s out of Udorn in 1970's. Col. Ron Cooper, USAF
You "jocks", and I say that with the utmost respect, saved myself and the men I served with for 2 years many times! God Bless you!
And THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE Sir!
Dan

Feb 26, 2024 at 11:22 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.977 #19 · p.977 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good evening all.
Pretty quiet around here lately, probably filling up your memory cards will killer pixs.
Got a snap of this and finally got to see it in the shop, takes about a year to refurb one of these.
Go Marines !

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:29 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.977 #20 · p.977 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Beautiful Bill! Nice clouds and sky!

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:24 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.