977              996       997       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.976 #1 · p.976 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
Barely, .
We had these little drive up to photo booths downtown, yellow with Kodak on them, like the size of a 5 x 10 trailer, you'd drop your film off and pick it up in a week or two and hopefully had enough for another roll of film to do it all over again.

They had a great one in Grants Pass Bill!

Kodak had a developing plant right here in my hometown. I would send all my slides or film to them in mailers from SE Asia and my dad would go pic them up.
Not many survived the extreme heat and humidity during the monsoon season. Mold and mildew ruined many a roll of film for me! And cameras!

Film at the PX was cheap...if and when I could get there. I had a great company clerk who would pick me up a few rolls when he picked up our mail.
Just FYI...was rambling on for some reason.

Feb 19, 2024 at 11:12 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.976 #2 · p.976 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
I would buy my film from Skylark Camera in Pasadena. Sure, I could get it from discount stores like Globe or Sage, but I was told Skylark kept a fresh inventory.

I remember when I switched from film to digital. My wife wanted every minute of the Christmas holidays documented on film. January, 2002, after all our Christmas expenses I spent $400 on film and processing. The next month I bought a Canon G2, then later the 40D. I saved many $$$ with that G2.

The 40D was another story. I had my Canon AE-1 for twenty years and
...Show more

I STILL have my AE-1 Edie Wrei and my TLb!!!!! And they STILL take a fine photo!

Feb 19, 2024 at 11:15 AM
JayDavis
• • • •
p.976 #3 · p.976 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Photographed this Challenger 850 last week for a charter client. Never had the pleasure of photographing one, until this one. I actually photographed two of these. Basically, it's a glorified Canadair CRJ-200 that Delta Connection and many other commuters used for so long, before upgrading to larger aircraft.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Feb 19, 2024 at 03:41 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.976 #4 · p.976 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Gotcha covered Bill...

Feb 19, 2024 at 05:27 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.976 #5 · p.976 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
Gotcha covered Bill...

https://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s/v-10/p3681465849-3.jpg

Clean looking cameras there Eddie.
Nice bellows one and a video one back there as well I see.
I'd like a K1000 tho, that's what I borrowed from my sister and took about 10 years to give it back,

Feb 19, 2024 at 05:45 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.976 #6 · p.976 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And now our friend Danpbphoto gets the first image on the City, Street & Architecture content page. You guys rule!

Feb 19, 2024 at 08:43 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.976 #7 · p.976 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
And now our friend Danpbphoto gets the first image on the City, Street & Architecture content page. You guys rule!

Go Dan,
Gotta brag tho, I had 2 on top here for most the morning, the truck and the harvester and on the animals I had 2 as well, eagle and hawk. Toot, Toot...There ya got Dan ?

Feb 19, 2024 at 09:34 PM
Shotgun15

p.976 #8 · p.976 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A Restoration Video for the A-1H "Proud American". Long but amazing.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-douglas-a-1-skyraider-a-legendary-warbird-and-its-storied-past/ar-BB1iy2aW?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=DCTS&cvid=1f1f33fa333540c2b9571be732edf4ad&ei=10

Feb 20, 2024 at 09:08 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.976 #9 · p.976 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Ed! It was a god send for close combat operations! You could hear the drone of its engines as it approached and the FAC on band with pilot.."where do what it HawkeyeOne-Actual?".. and that bought us some time. And it would rain hell down on "Uncle Ho's boys"!
Dan

Edited on Feb 20, 2024 at 02:29 PM · View previous versions

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:29 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.976 #10 · p.976 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Shotgun15 wrote:
A Restoration Video for the A-1H "Proud American". Long but amazing.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-douglas-a-1-skyraider-a-legendary-warbird-and-its-storied-past/ar-BB1iy2aW?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=DCTS&cvid=1f1f33fa333540c2b9571be732edf4ad&ei=10

WOWSERS, what a project. Looked absolutely gorgeous when completed, what a lot of work and they did a great job.
Similar to what we make sometimes for our customers, so neat to see. ( little parts that is )

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ray Swindle
• • •
p.976 #11 · p.976 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Saw this in the local paper today. This was taken by a local photographer in the next town. Looks a little noisy to me. If this was a black and white photo it would have reminded me of the photos our high school photographs shot at our Friday Night Lights in the 1960's.

Feb 21, 2024 at 09:54 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.976 #12 · p.976 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Exactly Ray, way to noisy-
Yours are far better-

Feb 21, 2024 at 10:17 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.976 #13 · p.976 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
Saw this in the local paper today. This was taken by a local photographer in the next town. Looks a little noisy to me. If this was a black and white photo it would have reminded me of the photos our high school photographs shot at our Friday Night Lights in the 1960's.

https://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s/v-10/p3688618178-3.jpg

Ray, I do not find "noisy" images much of a distraction anymore. As in your post...yes to many other categories but not here. If it is printed in a paper, it wont be a good image anyway. On line-well it is sports..the noise doesn't really effect the sport.
Now if your publisher requires a solid IQ image then you do "your noise thang" and clean it up! You are a master at that..so no problemo!
Dan

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:30 AM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.976 #14 · p.976 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:
Ray, I do not find "noisy" images much of a distraction anymore. As in your post...yes to many other categories but not here. If it is printed in a paper, it wont be a good image anyway. On line-well it is sports..the noise doesn't really effect the sport.
Now if your publisher requires a solid IQ image then you do "your noise thang" and clean it up! You are a master at that..so no problemo!
Dan

It looks to me as if the photographer forgot to set his ISO to a proper setting. This looks like it must have been ISO 100 or 400. He must have shot the whole game without checking his settings. I am told he shoots Nikon, and I am sure Nikon cameras are not that noisy when the proper settings are used.

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:04 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.976 #15 · p.976 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
It looks to me as if the photographer forgot to set his ISO to a proper setting. This looks like it must have been ISO 100 or 400. He must have shot the whole game without checking his settings. I am told he shoots Nikon, and I am sure Nikon cameras are not that noisy when the proper settings are used.

Obviously I mistakenly assigned this photo to you Eddie Wrei! I apologize! I read your text but my mind just didn't absorb it! It is pure HELL getting olde!
YES!
Dan

PS I am still AMAZED that you and I have saved our exact same Canon film bodies to this day!

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:20 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.976 #16 · p.976 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I think his front and or rear element was a bit dirty based upon the light flare. All in all, not a "Swindle" original...............

Feb 21, 2024 at 05:02 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.976 #17 · p.976 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I think his front and or rear element was a bit dirty based upon the light flare. All in all, not a "Swindle" original...............

I didn't think of a dirty filter. The guy is a pro and has held high positions in the print media, sports and otherwise. Very strange he would have let this get printed.

Feb 21, 2024 at 05:13 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.976 #18 · p.976 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"Pro" has a wide definition...........

Feb 21, 2024 at 05:44 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.976 #19 · p.976 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
"Pro" has a wide definition...........

I am finding out we are diminishing the term much like everything else in these states. It ain't a participation trophy!

Feb 21, 2024 at 06:28 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.976 #20 · p.976 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A friend sent me an iPhone capture and asked if I could do anything with it in Photoshop, it was very diffused. I recognized the problem immediately and asked her to clean her lenses with lens solution and an appropriate cloth and reshoot the image. She sent me a shot of her lenses, between the fingerprints, general grunge, makeup, etc. I was surprised there was any image on the sensor at all.

In the "old days", before they made softening filters, portrait pros would run their index finger along the side of their nose to gather natural skin oil, then lightly smear it on a UV filter to gently soften a portrait. Hasselblad had a series of "Softar" filters that ranged from barely noticeable to who is in that portrait. I used to shoot Mary Kay Ash's portrait every year and, as she aged, she demanded that I use stronger and stronger softening filters on the Blad. She was very sensitive to the fact she was aging, and, of course, her beauty products we supposed to all but halt those effects, so she was caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place. The last couple of years she had me take the "Doris Day" effect to it's outer limits.

Feb 21, 2024 at 06:33 PM
1       2       3              975      

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              975      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.