FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              912      
       914              978       979       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.913 #1 · p.913 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Kind of standard in the industry, Lexar and Sandisk are a pain as well. They just responded again and I have to send the card back, at my expense, then they will send me a replacement. We'll see how that all goes.

Sep 14, 2023 at 10:27 AM
Far148 Studio

Upload & Sell: Off
p.913 #2 · p.913 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

During my adventure in Seattle, I did some seaplane spotting.†

to see more seaplane action, follow the link below.

https://anadventureinawesome.com/2023/09/14/seattle-seaplanes/

Thanks for looking,
Steven

Sep 14, 2023 at 01:22 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.913 #3 · p.913 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Looks like one of my clients just bought himself a "dingy".................

Sep 14, 2023 at 06:59 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.913 #4 · p.913 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Far148 Studio wrote:
During my adventure in Seattle, I did some seaplane spotting.†

https://anadventureinawesome.files.wordpress.com/2023/09/img_1575.jpg

to see more seaplane action, follow the link below.

https://anadventureinawesome.com/2023/09/14/seattle-seaplanes/

Thanks for looking,
Steven

Really fine images Stephen!
We had a cabin in very Northern Minnesota and I saw many seaplanes on weekends. They are fun to watch.
Well done!
Dan

Sep 15, 2023 at 08:05 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.913 #5 · p.913 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A little backstory on the yacht, the client bought it for an investment, it charters for $500,000 a week. He's on a Global Express to the South of France to do a 9 day shakedown cruise. Kind of unimaginable, "certainly he can't be happy"...............nope, he is pretty happy near as I can tell...........

Sep 15, 2023 at 03:26 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.913 #6 · p.913 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm always brainstorming the next shooting challenge. A few months ago my 777 client described a shot that he had in his mind and on Wednesday we made that composition happen. The shot required lighting that could be adjusted for color temperature and light intensity so we could get exactly what the client had in his imagination. I went to work researching what was available to allow me to get that image, and I found a light made by Aputure that looked like it fit the bill perfectly, so I bought four of them for starters and put together a kit in a rolling Tundra Case.

I had brainstormed this shot for months so when the time came on Thursday I just pulled these new lights out of the case and sent Chandler into the 777 fuselage with them then I stood back and directed him as he adjusted the color and intensity. The mental prep that I had done made the whole effort seamless, the shot just "appeared". The client was ecstatic!

Sep 15, 2023 at 03:57 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.913 #7 · p.913 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just take in the beauty.........

Sep 15, 2023 at 06:23 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.913 #8 · p.913 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just take in the beauty.........

Awesome!

Sep 15, 2023 at 10:46 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.913 #9 · p.913 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Spent the day playing with Triple 7's, six of them. We got some tremendous images today but unfortunately, for now, they are proprietary.

I just flew in a 777 from Hong Kong to San Francisco . United is horrible in that they use those self checkin booths at the airport and it asks a lot of information from international travelers. A lot of folks, especially the older ones, had a hard time using them. Some spent 15 minutes in front of a booth and could not get it right. Then after spending 45 minutes waiting to do the self checkin, spent another 45 minutes in wait to drop off the checked bags. I looked around and saw United is the only airline that uses those self checkin thingies.

I got lots pictures and stories to share from my trip to China but today I am heading to Oceana!!

Sep 16, 2023 at 01:29 AM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.913 #10 · p.913 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Douglas L wrote:
I just flew in a 777 from Hong Kong to San Francisco . United is horrible in that they use those self checkin booths at the airport and it asks a lot of information from international travelers. A lot of folks, especially the older ones, had a hard time using them. Some spent 15 minutes in front of a booth and could not get it right. Then after spending 45 minutes waiting to do the self checkin, spent another 45 minutes in wait to drop off the checked bags. I looked around and saw United is the only airline
...Show more

We booked our flights to Greece a year in advance through the cruise ship company because we thought it was cost effective. What a debacle! Our flight arrangements changed 5 times over the year. We flew United from Austin to DC. It took my wife, my daughter and me to get the self check to work, 3 different times, three different machines. And yes, then we had to check our bags.

Sep 16, 2023 at 09:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.913 #11 · p.913 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Welcome home Douglas, have a great time at Oceana! Alliance being a non starter for 2023, I decided to go shoot Wings One Houston with my Buddy Kevin Hong. My credentials arrived yesterday. WOH has always been on, or right around the same weekend as AFW so I have never had the opportunity to attend.

Sep 16, 2023 at 09:21 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.913 #12 · p.913 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Douglas L wrote:
I just flew in a 777 from Hong Kong to San Francisco . United is horrible in that they use those self checkin booths at the airport and it asks a lot of information from international travelers. A lot of folks, especially the older ones, had a hard time using them. Some spent 15 minutes in front of a booth and could not get it right. Then after spending 45 minutes waiting to do the self checkin, spent another 45 minutes in wait to drop off the checked bags. I looked around and saw United is the only airline
...Show more
Look forward to some of your remarkable photography Douglas!
Your experience at the airport is why we don't fly.

Welcome home. Just in time for Fall weather!
Dan

Sep 16, 2023 at 09:30 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.913 #13 · p.913 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan Arie texted me this afternoon, two T6's crashed on landing. The final Reno was cancelled following the accident.

Sep 17, 2023 at 06:10 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.913 #14 · p.913 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Shiet...
Thunder down under...Oshkosk...Now Reno...Not good.
Hope they are ok.

Sep 17, 2023 at 06:51 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.913 #15 · p.913 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Both fatal Bill, mid air on landing after the race.

The Oshkosh T-6 was one of those, "watch this" moments that went badly. The Six is a sweet aircraft to fly, but you have to respect the characteristics that made it a great trainer. There's a reason that seasoned warbird pilots will tell you that a Mustang makes a real good trainer to teach you how to fly a T6. The T6 has a stall habit that you could really call a half snap to inverted. Different airplanes have some degree of wing drop in the stall, I've never seen anything like the stall in a Six, it'll get your attention, and if you aren't way high up, it'll flat out kill you in a blink. The ADS-B from the Oshkosh accident tells the story, some maneuvering out over the lake, a climb, then an obvious departure from controlled flight, a precipitous descent, ending in the lake.

Sep 17, 2023 at 07:15 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.913 #16 · p.913 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Photographing was very hard and it was hot 🥵
Yesterday it was so hard for me that I almost quit.
Went outside the grounds and sat down in the shade.
Today it was a bit better did some pits stuff in the morning.
And some of the racing and A10 demo should have some good ones of the Camo A10.
Tomorrow we drive in the direction of Atascedero.
With a visit the next day of hearst castle. The last couple of days.

Jim if you saw a us number with my message then that would be my temp us number that i got for traveling and data.
Hope you all doing well pictures will take A wile until Iím back.

Sep 17, 2023 at 07:24 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.913 #17 · p.913 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Jan Arie,

You take care of yourself Buddy, the heat this summer has been nothing to mess with and you are just getting back to normal after your bout with COVID. I don't know if it's post COVID or the fact that I'm 74, but I found myself on the ragged edge a few times this summer, it sneaks up on you.

Hope that you are enjoying your time off, I've been thinking of you often and wish we could meet up.

All the best my friend! JW

Sep 17, 2023 at 07:29 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.913 #18 · p.913 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Photographing was very hard and it was hot 🥵
Yesterday it was so hard for me that I almost quit.
Went outside the grounds and sat down in the shade.
Today it was a bit better did some pits stuff in the morning.
And some of the racing and A10 demo should have some good ones of the Camo A10.
Tomorrow we drive in the direction of Atascedero.
With a visit the next day of hearst castle. The last couple of days.

Jim if you saw a us number with my message then that would be my temp us number
...Show more

Hearst Castle? You will enjoy. This is the table setting for hamburgers, no Grey Poupon on that table!

Sep 17, 2023 at 07:42 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.913 #19 · p.913 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
Hearst Castle? You will enjoy. This is the table setting for hamburgers, no Grey Poupon on that table!

https://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s/v-10/p3838367916-5.jpg

Hi Ray Iím always in for a burger 🍔

Sep 17, 2023 at 08:55 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.913 #20 · p.913 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Boy or boy, quite a few accidents lately, an F-35 just went down in S. Carolina but the pilot is safe.

Just came back from a 2-week visit to China last Wednesday. My wife and I went to south China to see my siblings and her ailing parents, whom we hadn't seen in 4 years. I took a side trip to visit Zhangjiajie, the first national park in China, and a well-preserved ancient city not far from there. I was really impressed by the high speed trains, super fast and smooth. The CCP has a close eye on foreign visitors and their own citizens. Their facial recognition technology and the surveillance network know where you are and where you have been very easily, but hey, young girls there can take subways at 2:00 AM without worrying being assaulted and they don't have people who just go into stores to take stuff like we do here. I felt very safe wondering around the old streets in the ancient city at 5:00 AM by myself with all my camera gear, taking pictures of the deserted streets without herds of tourists during the day time. Not all hotels are allowed to have foreigners to stay. The ones that are allowed, have their computer system linked to the police, so as soon as I checked in, the local police knew an American (or any other foreign nationals for that matter) was staying there. They block a lot of foreign websites like FB, flikr, youtube. But I paid Verizon $10/day for international roaming, I had access to any website from my iPhone's browser.

Here is the first installment of some street shots from Fenghuangcheng (City of Phoenix).

ILCE-1    FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II lens    112mm    f/9.0    1/100s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-1    FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II lens    70mm    f/4.0    1/100s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM5    FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II lens    34mm    f/10.0    1/40s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM5    FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II lens    43mm    f/9.0    1/30s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM5    FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II lens    50mm    f/8.0    1/40s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM5    FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II lens    42mm    f/9.0    1/30s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM4    E 17-28mm F2.8-2.8 lens    25mm    f/8.0    1/60s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM4    E 17-28mm F2.8-2.8 lens    28mm    f/8.0    1/45s    320 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM5    FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II lens    70mm    f/2.8    1/400s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-1    FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II lens    104mm    f/6.3    1/100s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 18, 2023 at 03:55 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.