Upload & Sell: On
p.912 #1 · p.912 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wonderful Zane!

Sep 11, 2023 at 04:52 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.912 #2 · p.912 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Eddie Ray, tell me your impressions of your Mac Studio. I'm being pushed in that direction and I'd like a trusted review before I drop 10K and regret it.

Thanks in advance!

Sep 11, 2023 at 04:54 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.912 #3 · p.912 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Eddie Ray, tell me your impressions of your Mac Studio. I'm being pushed in that direction and I'd like a trusted review before I drop 10K and regret it.

Thanks in advance!

I may have misrepresented what I have. I have the Studio Display, not the Mac Studio (wish I did). As far as the display goes it has been great so far, but I have been use to my MBP, so it is like going from a VW bug to a Porsche 914-6. Sorry for the confusion.

Sep 11, 2023 at 05:27 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.912 #4 · p.912 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Ray, I am sure that I just mis-read your post, thanks for the info. Guess I'm going to have to launch out on my own. The reviews of the loaded version are glowing. They say the Mac Studio is anywhere from 50-100% faster than an M2 MBPro. I'm steadily getting deeper and deeper into editing and with 8K the inevitable elephant in the room, I am thinking that I need to be prepared, time being money and all that ...............

The Mac Studio I'm thinking about would have the most cores, fastest processor, 192MB of RAM, and an 8TB SSD. The computer is not updatable (how convenient) so one has to spec it from the get go for everything that you want it to do.

Sep 11, 2023 at 07:44 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.912 #5 · p.912 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That should help you fill up and add more whirring disk drives to your collection. I can see your need for that beast!

Sep 11, 2023 at 08:26 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.912 #6 · p.912 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

chas wrote:
Bill, Very eerie!!! What cockpit is that photo from??

DC-10, 10 Tanker...

Edited on Sep 12, 2023 at 10:33 AM · View previous versions

Sep 12, 2023 at 10:19 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.912 #7 · p.912 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zane Adams wrote:
A GoPro video snippet

Hummingbird frenzy

Dam, that's a lot of hummers...Could spend hours taking pixs of those guys...I've tried so hard to lure some in this year but I rarely see one anymore...Even got another new feeder last week but no go.

Sep 12, 2023 at 10:32 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.912 #8 · p.912 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Looks like nothing new in the line of Apple computers this morning, but they are announcing Thunderbolt 5 which will increase data transfer speeds from 40gbs to 120! That should be a game changer for displays and video work. The kick off starts at 10 PST.

Sep 12, 2023 at 10:49 AM
Zane Adams
• • •
p.912 #9 · p.912 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yeah, it's kind of amazing how many hummers we get in Northern New Mexico.
We had 4 feeders running during the week. We used 7 pounds of sugar in 10 days! Our neighbor, 1/4 mile away used to run four big feeders from May until late September. But she couldn't afford the sugar, so she's back down to two feeders...

This video is typical of the last light feeding frenzy before they roost for the night. AMAZING indeed!

Zane

Sep 12, 2023 at 11:15 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.912 #10 · p.912 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zane Adams wrote:
Yeah, it's kind of amazing how many hummers we get in Northern New Mexico.
We had 4 feeders running during the week. We used 7 pounds of sugar in 10 days! Our neighbor, 1/4 mile away used to run four big feeders from May until late September. But she couldn't afford the sugar, so she's back down to two feeders...

This video is typical of the last light feeding frenzy before they roost for the night. AMAZING indeed!

Zane

7lbs...OMG...Talk about a sugar high......Send some my way, ok

Sep 12, 2023 at 12:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.912 #11 · p.912 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Canon made an announcement this morning that I have anticipated, a new line of Cinema lenses using the RF mount system. I look for them to release a line of updated Cinema cameras featuring RF mounts in the very near future. Good looking lenses !

Sep 12, 2023 at 01:37 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.912 #12 · p.912 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'd say that Canon is getting ready to make moves on several fronts, B&H has R5/R5C bodies on sale for a grand off. Looks a lot like Canon is working on cleaning out back stock in anticipation of new releases. Depending on what they come up with, I would consider adding a dedicated Canon Cinema camera to my gear, like a C300/500 type of body.

Sep 12, 2023 at 02:03 PM
RobMoser
• • •
p.912 #13 · p.912 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Looks like nothing new in the line of Apple computers this morning, but they are announcing Thunderbolt 5 which will increase data transfer speeds from 40gbs to 120! That should be a game changer for displays and video work. The kick off starts at 10 PST.

Intel is touting that Thunderbolt 5 will make external GPU possible. I don't know about that; probably just means Intel is having a hard time with integrated GPU

Rob

Sep 12, 2023 at 02:26 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.912 #14 · p.912 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just heard from Angelbird and, of course, they want an obituary on the corrupt card. We'll see how long it takes to receive a replacement.

Sep 12, 2023 at 03:06 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.912 #15 · p.912 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I'd say that Canon is getting ready to make moves on several fronts, B&H has R5/R5C bodies on sale for a grand off. Looks a lot like Canon is working on cleaning out back stock in anticipation of new releases. Depending on what they come up with, I would consider adding a dedicated Canon Cinema camera to my gear, like a C300/500 type of body.

Pretty nice lens there Jim, would make quite a combo for shooting.
My 24-70 2.8/L zoom ring went out on me while doing some night time shots, about $250 and 8 weeks to fix. Might upgrade to a new or used MKII. Anyone have an old MKI for sale or a 10-22 EF ?

Sep 12, 2023 at 03:09 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.912 #16 · p.912 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zane Adams wrote:
The Hummingbirds were also in abundance.

Such fun

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53171791410_aabbd1f7a9_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53175866495_0c7a79465c_c.jpg

Great compositions all Zane!
The hummers are still here in Mary-land but with a cold front coming in, I am sure they will be "filling up" with "juice" for the long trip South.
Dan

Sep 13, 2023 at 10:13 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.912 #17 · p.912 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Spent the day playing with Triple 7's, six of them. We got some tremendous images today but unfortunately, for now, they are proprietary.

Sep 13, 2023 at 06:41 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.912 #18 · p.912 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bet that was fun Jim-

Sep 13, 2023 at 08:36 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.912 #19 · p.912 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Every time I shoot for this client my imagination runs wild, the possibilities are absolutely endless. Each time we shoot together my respect and amazement for this effort grows. They have these aircraft wired to monitor the position of every inch of the airframes to assure perfect accuracy of the modifications and reassembly. Today I learned that they monitor the expansion and contraction of the fuselage due to ambient temperature, the precision with which these folks do their work is mind boggling.

Today we had six 777's in the hangar wingtip to wing tip, with five more on the ramp ready to roll in to begin their journey from old passenger to state of the art freighter work.

Sep 13, 2023 at 09:24 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.912 #20 · p.912 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just heard from Angelbird and, of course, they want an obituary on the corrupt card. We'll see how long it takes to receive a replacement.

Next they will be asking for your "1st born child" Jim!

Sep 14, 2023 at 09:50 AM
1       2       3              911      
       913              995       996       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              911      
       913              995       996       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.