1       2       3              739      
       741              791       792       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.740 #1 · p.740 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
They are putting the finishing touches on this Global Express before I capture it, and it's going to be incredible! Hoping to get air to air with it.........................

WHOOOOHOOOOO Jim, What a Beauty-

Aug 11, 2022 at 07:05 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #2 · p.740 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
They are putting the finishing touches on this Global Express before I capture it, and it's going to be incredible! Hoping to get air to air with it.........................

It scares me just looking at it Jim!!!!
Let's send a few of these, "locked and loaded" to the Ukraine!
I think the Rolling Stones had it correct:
"I wanna see it painted
Painted black
Black as night
Black as coal"
RD

Aug 11, 2022 at 09:10 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #3 · p.740 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Those iPhone captures don't come close to doing that Global justice, it's quite possibly the coolest business jet that I have ever laid eyes on.

Aug 11, 2022 at 08:35 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #4 · p.740 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Apple apparently has figured out a way to mitigate Joe's "supply chain" debacle. My new 16" MBPro arrived this afternoon. Truthfully, I was anticipating a raft of problems with programs/Apps, Plug Ins, Log Ins, etc. What I experienced was anything but that. I plugged my 15" 2018 into the new computer via Thunderbolt cable, tapped the "Migration" App and 40 minutes later I had a perfectly functioning new MBP and, near as I can tell, it's blazingly fast. I ran a test with a 4K clip from my drone that took a minute to render on my previous machine, the new one zipped through it in about six seconds. If that is an example of the time this machine will save me, it'll pay for itself in short order.

Aug 11, 2022 at 08:46 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.740 #5 · p.740 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I think I figured out my problem with the missing photos. As I said, I sent my R6 to Canon for repair. Of course they reset the all camera settings to the original factory settings before they work on it. After I received the camera I got my checklist out to reset my camera settings. I went back to check my card settings yesterday and found the "record options" was set to "standard" vs "multiple". This means the camera was only recording to one card, and that card is changed from 1 to 2 and back after a card is removed.

I still don't know what happened when both cards did not display the photos initially. Perhaps in my panic I picked up card 1 instead of card 2 when I put it in the reader. Anyway, after I reset the record setting things have been working normally.

Aug 12, 2022 at 07:28 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #6 · p.740 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
I think I figured out my problem with the missing photos. As I said, I sent my R6 to Canon for repair. Of course they reset the all camera settings to the original factory settings before they work on it. After I received the camera I got my checklist out to reset my camera settings. I went back to check my card settings yesterday and found the "record options" was set to "standard" vs "multiple". This means the camera was only recording to one card, and that card is changed from 1 to 2 and back after a card
...Show more
Great news Ray!!!
It is very frustrating when these problems present themselves!
You don't know whether it is you, the camera, the options, or the cards!
Glad all is working as it should!

Now lets get some of those Texas football images posted to wet my appetite for the upcoming college/high school season!!
Dan

Aug 12, 2022 at 08:36 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #7 · p.740 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Everyone around here is looking forward to Fall for sure, it's been a record setter. The atmosphere is beginning to change, we had some pop up thunderstorms roll through a few day sago which is pretty unheard of in August. Normally we get a high pressure dome formed over us in June and that's it until September. Next week has some rain possible in the forecast, so it's moderating a bit, although we are back in the triple digits the first half of the week. Oh well, whatever it is, it's still Texas and I'll take it!

Aug 12, 2022 at 11:35 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #8 · p.740 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm sitting in the (rare) peace and quiet of our family room, getting familiar with my new MBP and backing up a bunch of files on my arrays. Had to jump through a couple of hoops with OWC Tech Help this morning to get the M1 chip to play nice with my OWC Thunder Bay Arrays, but it's all good now. I used to have 17" screens on my old MBP units, but they quit making them, it's nice to get an inch back with this new one.

Aug 12, 2022 at 11:39 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #9 · p.740 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

EF 600/4..............................

Aug 12, 2022 at 02:46 PM
GeorgeR
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.740 #10 · p.740 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Living in Seattle I had always wanted to shoot The Seafair Airs Show and Hydroplane races. It would have been helpful if I viewed this thread before since I didnít know what to expect. I picked up Covid for my troubles, probably from riding Light Rail for the first time and have no energy to go through all the files.

I had never tried shooting Hydroplanes either.

Aug 12, 2022 at 04:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #11 · p.740 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Welcome George, great images! Feel better!

Aug 12, 2022 at 07:22 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #12 · p.740 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"Smokin'!"..................................

Aug 12, 2022 at 08:36 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #13 · p.740 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

GeorgeR wrote:
Living in Seattle I had always wanted to shoot The Seafair Airs Show and Hydroplane races. It would have been helpful if I viewed this thread before since I didnít know what to expect. I picked up Covid for my troubles, probably from riding Light Rail for the first time and have no energy to go through all the files.

Really fine captures here George! And yes WELCOME!!!!!
Was the 1st female Blue Angel's pilot there flying?
Great compositions!
Dan

Aug 13, 2022 at 07:31 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #14 · p.740 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The racing boat capture is just wonderful!

Aug 13, 2022 at 08:20 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #15 · p.740 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Finally found a little time to get current in the Cub this evening. Great refresher, winds 10-15 90 degrees to the runway, lots of dancing on the rudder pedals. Chandler would have loved it, but he's in the middle of Covid, along with his two sisters and his Mom, they are all sick as dogs.

Aug 13, 2022 at 10:05 PM
JayDavis
• • • •
p.740 #16 · p.740 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Went over to Florida last Monday to photograph this Gulfstream G-280 for one of my clients.

Aug 14, 2022 at 01:36 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.740 #17 · p.740 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I want two, Jay Beautiful capture. There's just something about a Gulfstream.

Aug 14, 2022 at 01:58 PM
JayDavis
• • • •
p.740 #18 · p.740 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, there is something about a Gulfstream, but I'd prefer the larger model, if I had the $$$$ to buy one.

However, I've got a friend who works as the director of maintenance for a large aviation company, and they have the G-650 and the G-280, he said both are solid performers, just different missions.

Aug 15, 2022 at 08:47 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #19 · p.740 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Finally found a little time to get current in the Cub this evening. Great refresher, winds 10-15 90 degrees to the runway, lots of dancing on the rudder pedals. Chandler would have loved it, but he's in the middle of Covid, along with his two sisters and his Mom, they are all sick as dogs.

And I thought they Bell [email protected] cockpit was tight Jim!!!!!!!
Hope everyone recovers soon!
RD

Aug 15, 2022 at 09:16 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.740 #20 · p.740 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's funny Dan, I just make it roomier by opening the doors and windows...............

Aug 15, 2022 at 04:09 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password